• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Bubble report

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK so I've been wanting to post this rambling below but I better do it now before we move on. Plus I have a good buzz on.

So, IMO these bubble playoffs were a uniquely fantastic experience as a fan. You got to see just pure play, with no crowds to sway you or the refs or the road team. Just talent vs talent. The conflicts with refs was so much less, because the players and refs could just talk instead of having to yell. It was just ball.

I can see where fans of a specific team would think otherwise, part of the fun of rooting your team to a ring is seeing all your fans in the colors, the crowds going nuts. But for someone without a dog in the fight, really great basketball viewing.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK so I've been wanting to post this rambling below but I better do it now before we move on. Plus I have a good buzz on.

So, IMO these bubble playoffs were a uniquely fantastic experience as a fan. You got to see just pure play, with no crowds to sway you or the refs or the road team. Just talent vs talent. The conflicts with refs was so much less, because the players and refs could just talk instead of having to yell. It was just ball.

I can see where fans of a specific team would think otherwise, part of the fun of rooting your team to a ring is seeing all your fans in the colors, the crowds going nuts. But for someone without a dog in the fight, really great basketball viewing.

I thought the NBA, from the front office, to the team execs to the coaches and especially the players, did a great job with this. It had to be very difficult for all of them and they put on an amazing playoffs.

Some of the performances we got to see, both from individual players and teams were awesome.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even though we pretty much knew who was going to win (Deny it all you want but it was obvious in late May as to which individual the NBA was working for, and Pat Bev himself even tweeted it), the bubble was an overall success given there wasn't a single COVID case after play resumed on July 30.

Props to Russell Westbrook for donating 8K to bubble hotel employees. Haters gonna hate when it comes to Russ, but this guy is a role model in a variety of ways.

Everything said, I still worry in a big way about the bloodbath of injuries that is about to happen. This is the #1 reason of many that I doubt the Nuggets make it back to the Western Conference Finals in 2021. Too many tired bodies from this year's run (except for Will Barton).

• Boring
Reactions: DJ

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even though we pretty much knew who was going to win (Deny it all you want but it was obvious in late May as to which individual the NBA was working for,

This right here is exactly why you are mocked and disliked so much. You really should just go back to being a cub reporter for junior high school girls basketball, because you don't know shit about the NBA.

The idea of rigged outcomes is about as idiotic an assertion as can be made. It's literally the stupidest of all the stupid takes you could have.

But then, we've all come to expect nothing but complete idiocy out of you, so at least you don't disappoint.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the NBA, from the front office, to the team execs to the coaches and especially the players, did a great job with this. It had to be very difficult for all of them and they put on an amazing playoffs.

Some of the performances we got to see, both from individual players and teams were awesome.

They did a good job and you know it had to be hard on the players

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This right here is exactly why you are mocked and disliked so much. You really should just go back to being a cub reporter for junior high school girls basketball, because you don't know shit about the NBA.

The idea of rigged outcomes is about as idiotic an assertion as can be made. It's literally the stupidest of all the stupid takes you could have.

But then, we've all come to expect nothing but complete idiocy out of you, so at least you don't disappoint.

His nonsense overshadows a very good comment on Westbrook. Shame.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even though we pretty much knew who was going to win (Deny it all you want but it was obvious in late May as to which individual the NBA was working for, and Pat Bev himself even tweeted it), the bubble was an overall success given there wasn't a single COVID case after play resumed on July 30.

Props to Russell Westbrook for donating 8K to bubble hotel employees. Haters gonna hate when it comes to Russ, but this guy is a role model in a variety of ways.

Everything said, I still worry in a big way about the bloodbath of injuries that is about to happen. This is the #1 reason of many that I doubt the Nuggets make it back to the Western Conference Finals in 2021. Too many tired bodies from this year's run (except for Will Barton).

I thought you said the bloodbath of injuries would happen in the bubble?

As long as they take a legitimate off season and training camp, which it seems they will, I don’t see any reason to expect significantly more injuries than normal.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Huh. This is a rather funny attitude for one who's team just won a title.

Calm down dude - You won.

(Unless you're seeking extra validation, which you ain't going to get from me.)

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please explain how the NBA rigged all of this up

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huh. This is a rather funny attitude for one who's team just won a title.

Calm down dude - You won.

(Unless you're seeking extra validation, which you ain't going to get from me.)

I'm perfectly calm and and enjoying the 17th championship. Something your teams combined have 0 of.

No need to be anything less than calm to point out your jealousy tinged stupidity.

And lol @anyone needing validation from you.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,551.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They had several months off while waiting for the NBA to figure shit out.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You do realize they're going to get the normal break right? Maybe longer.

Camps are not starting until mid to late January at the earliest....that is the typical 3 month break you would get had the season ended in June

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought you said the bloodbath of injuries would happen in the bubble?

As long as they take a legitimate off season and training camp, which it seems they will, I don’t see any reason to expect significantly more injuries than normal.

I actually more worry about those teams who didn't play since early March

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm perfectly calm and and enjoying the 17th championship. Something your teams combined have 0 of.

No need to be anything less than calm to point out your jealousy tinged stupidity.

And lol @anyone needing validation from you.
Bragging to an individual in a different part of the country about number of titles - That's what needing validation is, doofus.

With Chicago being my closest NBA city, I could brag about witnessing a real dynasty during my 90s childhood if I wanted to. Those Bulls teams weren't so much about star power or amount of titles as much as it was a system being implemented.

Whereas anytime you root for a LeBron James team, the end story is always going to be him recieving all the credit when they win and his surroundings recieving all the blame when they lose. Michael Jordan could play in a system that didn't always cater to him; LeBron James can't and won't.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bragging to an individual in a different part of the country about number of titles - That's what needing validation is, doofus.

Uh, no it isn't. It's bragging about the number of titles and mocking you. That's pretty much the opposite of validation, doofus.

And just a reminder...the Lakers now have 17 titles and the PaceNugs have a combined 0.

With Chicago being my closest NBA city, I could brag about witnessing a real dynasty during my 90s childhood if I wanted to. Those Bulls teams weren't so much about star power or amount of titles as much as it was a system being implemented.

lol

Unless you're a Bulls fan, you can't brag about shit. Also, no so much about star power...ever heard of Michael Jordan? Scottie Pippen? I heard those guys were pretty decent and fairly well known.

Oh, and the Lakers would still have 17 titles to the Bulls 6.

Whereas anytime you root for a LeBron James team, the end story is always going to be him recieving all the credit when they win and his surroundings recieving all the blame when they lose. Michael Jordan could play in a system that didn't always cater to him; LeBron James can't and won't.

This where you really show not only how ridiculously sad and jealous you are, but how little you know about basketball. As for credit for this title...much of it is going to AD and how the Lakers role players stepped up.

And the Bulls system not only catered to MJ, he was also allowed to operate outside of the system much of the time. In fact, you could make the case that the Shaq/Kobe Lakers were more reliant on the triple post/triangle than the Bulls since it was a very good system for a big like Shaq to operate in.

Next time, let Morgan the Cat post for you. He knows more about basketball and isn't blinded by your Lebron obsession.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

Unless you're a Bulls fan, you can't brag about shit. Also, no so much about star power...ever heard of Michael Jordan? Scottie Pippen? I heard those guys were pretty decent and fairly well known.

Oh, and the Lakers would still have 17 titles to the Bulls 6.
What exactly is wrong with cheering on the team closest to your home during your grade school childhood??? It's no different than you as a kid in Minneapolis rooting for George Mikan and company during your 50's childhood. Oh wait a minute...

In all seriousness, Dennis Schroder was easily the Lakers' top acquisition of the offseason. And you got him quite cheap for a late first rounder and an expiring contract. I wouldn't mind seeing him get a ring. That said, I feel bad for him in the sense that he'll get a significant amount of the blame playing for LeBron's team in the event that the Lakers don't repeat. Danny Green received death threats just for missing that shot in Game 5 of this year's finals for Christ's sake.

And FYI, chances are Morgan's opinion of LeBron won't be any better than mine. She's a Trump supporter after all...

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In all seriousness, Dennis Schroder was easily the Lakers' top acquisition of the offseason. And you got him quite cheap for a late first rounder and an expiring contract. I wouldn't mind seeing him get a ring. That said, I feel bad for him in the sense that he'll get a significant amount of the blame playing for LeBron's team in the event that the Lakers don't repeat. Danny Green received death threats just for missing that shot in Game 5 of this year's finals for Christ's sake.

I love the Schroder acquisition. I think he's going to make a big impact. He's so freaking fast and athletic. As for Danny Green...he shouldn't have missed that shot. lol

Seriously though, that's just some idiot. Has nothing to do with Lebron. Whoever those idiots were, they'd have done that whether Lebron was on the team or not. Idiots gonna idiot.

And FYI, chances are Morgan's opinion of LeBron won't be any better than mine. She's a Trump supporter after all...

Well, at least your cats smart.