• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Boys

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NOW THAT'S A FUCKIN' SUPERHERO MOVIE (okay series, but it's basically a long running movie). Fucking brilliant. Captain Marvel, Black Panther, Thor, Spiderman, and all these re-hashed same formula superhero movies can all take it up the ass.

GREAT series, just binge watched the entire 8 episodes of the season 1 release. PISSED that I have to wait for season 2 now (I swear I always do this... I just can't be normal and wait for the whole thing to release).

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Highly enjoyable. Fun to root against a team of superheroes for a change.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watched the first episode, think I'm gonna love it. Plus like in everything Karl Urban is a fucking badass.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just getting ready to watch the season finale now, I was just gonna watch a few episodes but it’s pretty intense I can’t stop watching.

The show does have its usual clichés that you find in almost all media but it’s still damn good, and I know you’re supposed to root against the superheroes(except Starlight) but they’ve done a decent job of humanizing most of them to the point where they’re not 100% evil.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NOW THAT'S A FUCKIN' SUPERHERO MOVIE (okay series, but it's basically a long running movie). Fucking brilliant. Captain Marvel, Black Panther, Thor, Spiderman, and all these re-hashed same formula superhero movies can all take it up the ass.

I mean you can do a lot with an 8 hour movie that you can't do with 2 hours. Plus making a superhero product specifically for adults usually does better with adults than something made for families, who knew.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just finished it last nite. Loved it.

Started reading the comics too.

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha, definitely a good start

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just binged this weekend.
Highly entertaining. Good twist at the end and very open ended for S2.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Binged over the weekend based on a recommendation from a coworker.

Not OMG good, but better than the Umbrella Society (or whatever it is called) on Netflix. I like that it puts superhero’s back into a non-noir real world. The corporate extrapolation and pro-sports parallels are quite interesting.

I liked how all of the 7 were painted fully gray. Homelander is an age-stunted adolescent. Queen Maeve is a bitch, but has been pulled so deep into the corruption, she doesn’t see how to get out. Deep is a deviant, but he basically has “aquaman’s disease” (a very specific ability that tends to get laughed at).

i am not sure I fully understand. Homelander did not know the chick (Rebecca??) was alive. But she seemed more surprised at seeing Butcher than seeing him.

I intend to at least give the comics a try. I looked at issue 1 and the main thing I noticed was how similar Butcher looks to Comics Negan. I wonder who influenced who.

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Binged over the weekend based on a recommendation from a coworker.

Not OMG good, but better than the Umbrella Society (or whatever it is called) on Netflix. I like that it puts superhero’s back into a non-noir real world. The corporate extrapolation and pro-sports parallels are quite interesting.

I liked how all of the 7 were painted fully gray. Homelander is an age-stunted adolescent. Queen Maeve is a bitch, but has been pulled so deep into the corruption, she doesn’t see how to get out. Deep is a deviant, but he basically has “aquaman’s disease” (a very specific ability that tends to get laughed at).

i am not sure I fully understand. Homelander did not know the chick (Rebecca??) was alive. But she seemed more surprised at seeing Butcher than seeing him.

I intend to at least give the comics a try. I looked at issue 1 and the main thing I noticed was how similar Butcher looks to Comics Negan. I wonder who influenced who.
Nice, and I agree. I couldn't finish Umbrella Academy.
I suspect it was because she knew Homelander was the father, so she probably expected to see him again at some point. But she kept her life hidden from her husband, so never expected to see him again. Probably had "help" from the corporation to go into hiding.

Reactions: gob

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Homelander's lack of lips weirds me out. Plus they're uneven. I wish that wasn't a big deal except his big head is on the screen a lot.

I enjoyed the series but the finale sucked. Hopefully season two ends on a better note.

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do we need to use spoilers on page 2? No point in reading this far if you haven't watched it yet, right?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do we need to use spoilers on page 2? No point in reading this far if you haven't watched it yet, right?
:noidea:

I figured better safe than sorry. My comments were referring to the last 5 mins of the finale. You could be through ep 7 and be spoiled by that tidbit.

But what about the poster who hasn’t heard of the show and wants to see if it worth binging? It has only been out a couple weeks. It is super-easy for me to add a spoiler tag and super-easy for you to click said tag and read my post. Why not help a brother out?

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:noidea:

I figured better safe than sorry. My comments were referring to the last 5 mins of the finale. You could be through ep 7 and be spoiled by that tidbit.

But what about the poster who hasn’t heard of the show and wants to see if it worth binging? It has only been out a couple weeks. It is super-easy for me to add a spoiler tag and super-easy for you to click said tag and read my post. Why not help a brother out?
Wasn't being critical, more so out of curiosity.

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently people are railing on it for being anti-Christian, anti-white male, and anti-capitalism.

:L

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently people are railing on it for being anti-Christian, anti-white male, and anti-capitalism.

:L
I am pretty sensitive to the slant of Hollywood, but I was not bent in the slightest by this show. I thought the analysis of corporate-ness was quite interesting and appropriate to the story.

And A-train was just as villainous as Homelander, if not more so.

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am pretty sensitive to the slant of Hollywood, but I was not bent in the slightest by this show. I thought the analysis of corporate-ness was quite interesting and appropriate to the story.

And A-train was just as villainous as Homelander, if not more so.
Yep. Felt the same way. But you'll see them if you look at the 1 star reviews on Amazon.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice, and I agree. I couldn't finish Umbrella Academy.
I suspect it was because she knew Homelander was the father, so she probably expected to see him again at some point. But she kept her life hidden from her husband, so never expected to see him again. Probably had "help" from the corporation to go into hiding.
Umbrella Academy goes extremely dark at the end. The very end is pretty predictable but the short journey to get there is interesting.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Umbrella Academy goes extremely dark at the end. The very end is pretty predictable but the short journey to get there is interesting.
I enjoyed Umbrella Academy, for what it was. It is more artsy than MCU, DCEU or Boys. But I did not enjoy it as much as I enjoyed The Boys.