• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Books Are Out......wishin' an' hopin'

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spent an hour or so in Barnes and Noble and decided to buy a couple of the annual Football magazines.

It's as if they all got together and agreed that there will be changes in 2019.

Division winners in the AFC:

New England (Bye)
Indianapolis
Cleveland
Kansas City (Bye)

Wild Cards

LA Chargers
Pittsburgh

Colts will beat Browns
Chargers will beat Steelers

Chiefs will beat Colts
Chargers will beat Patriots

Chiefs will beat Chargers

Division Winners in the NFC:

Saints (Bye)
Rams (Bye)
Bears
Cowboys

Wild Cards

Vikings
Eagles

Cowboys beat Vikes
Bears best Eagles

Saints beat Cowboys
Rams beat Bears

Saints beat Rams

Super Bowl: Saints beat Chiefs

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Feature artcleis about the team that everyone loves to hate......the Patriots.

Of course the experts are 100% correct this year, more than the 100% coirrectthat they've been in the past 10 years.

I have a simple question for these guys......What have the Chargers done over the past off season that makes them so much better in a game in January in Foxboro, MA than in the past?? They have never played well in cold weather. I have an equally hard time seeing them beat the Steelers in Pittsburgh in January.

Wishin' and hopin'...........

Why do they think that Mahomes will repeat and actually improve on 2018? Have the Chiefs gotten younger and not older? Has the NFL taken away film from all of the Chiefs opponents?

At the beginning of every magazine they quote the Las Vegas oddsmakers who have the patriots as the 8/1 favorites followed by the Rams at 9/1, the Saints 10/1 and the Chiefs 10/1. The Chargers and the Browns are 14/1. Guess the bookies like to lose money?

I think that the patriots will be in the thick of it and if they have home field for any playoff game, they'll win. They certainly are not a piece of cake in a playoff game on the road either. I find these guys to be outwardly biased and they wear their hopes and dreams on their sleeves.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find these guys to be outwardly biased and they wear their hopes and dreams on their sleeves.

Says the most bias and biggest homer out of all of us Pats fans on SportsHoopla. :suds:

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spent an hour or so in Barnes and Noble and decided to buy a couple of the annual Football magazines.

New England (Bye)
Indianapolis
Cleveland
Kansas City (Bye)

Wild Cards

LA Chargers
Pittsburgh

Colts will beat Browns

Chiefs will beat Colts

Saints (Bye)
Rams (Bye)
Bears
Cowboys

Wild Cards

Vikings
Eagles

Cowboys beat Vikes
Bears best Eagles

Saints beat Cowboys
Rams beat Bears

Saints beat Rams

What's a "Barnes and Noble"? And how the hell do you buy a magazine? The only magazines I know about would be on my phone if I wasn't to cheap to subscribe. The only time I paid for one was when I signed up for one that I could read for free for a while before needing to cancel it.... Unfortunately I learned I'm more lazy than cheap so I can't sign up for any more.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

New England (Bye)
Indianapolis
Cleveland
Kansas City (Bye)

Wild Cards

LA Chargers
Pittsburgh

Colts will beat Browns

Chiefs will beat Colts

Saints (Bye)
Rams (Bye)
Bears
Cowboys

Wild Cards

Vikings
Eagles

Cowboys beat Vikes
Bears best Eagles

Saints beat Cowboys
Rams beat Bears

Saints beat Rams

You had me right up until Chargers beat the Patriots.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's a "Barnes and Noble"? And how the hell do you buy a magazine? The only magazines I know about would be on my phone if I wasn't to cheap to subscribe. The only time I paid for one was when I signed up for one that I could read for free for a while before needing to cancel it.... Unfortunately I learned I'm more lazy than cheap so I can't sign up for any more.

B&N is one the largest book retailers in the world. I buy magazines and books wit American dollars. I bought two novels for my wife that wereon the "Bragain" rack for $3 a piece and I paid $8.99 for each football magazine.....Street & Smith and Lindy's. I love to read about every team and what they've done. I'm like a sponge when I read the team articles.

BostonBlackie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bought two novels for my wife that wereon the "Bragain" rack for $3 a piece ..........

Hoe she like 'em?

BTW, are the football magazines still regionally designed? For example: Did the ones you bought have a Patriot player on the cover?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hoe she like 'em?

BTW, are the football magazines still regionally designed? For example: Did the ones you bought have a Patriot player on the cover?

She liked both. She reads at least one book a week. Really likes historical stuff about real people who did cool things. I bought her a historical one about a woman in Revolutionary America and a Women who kept a little black book about murders. She 'll have both read next week. Libraries were made for people like her. She actually read the entire ACA (Affordable Care Act) all 4400 pages and she just finished the entire 480 page Mueller Report. She's scary sometimes, but she makes incredible sanmiches.

All magazines have covers that are regional. Here in the northeast Brady is on every cover, I have no idea who is on any others. When you go into a large grocery chain store, they usually carry both Lindy and Street & Smith. The team from that region will have their biggest star on the cover. In Tenn. I'd guess Mariotta, in Atlanta, Ryyan. IN Dallas, Dak, in KC, Mahomes. The titles on the cover are regional also. Up here on Lindy is "Ageless Braqdy", "Patriots, the Team Everyone Loves to Hate", "Law Enters the Hall"

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
B&N is one the largest book retailers in the world. I buy magazines and books wit American dollars. I bought two novels for my wife that wereon the "Bragain" rack for $3 a piece and I paid $8.99 for each football magazine.....Street & Smith and Lindy's. I love to read about every team and what they've done. I'm like a sponge when I read the team articles.

I love Barnes and Noble. We have one within walking distance of us and I go there all the time. I know they got crushed by the whole online thing in recent years but they're making a resurgence. I'm actually closely watching their stock as I may jump in on them. They just hired a new CEO that revived a prominent bookstore in UK.

If you're looking for a gift for a kid they have a great toy section now that has tons of educational toys and games that you don't often see elsewhere.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Barnes and Noble. We have one within walking distance of us and I go there all the time. I know they got crushed by the whole online thing in recent years but they're making a resurgence. I'm actually closely watching their stock as I may jump in on them. They just hired a new CEO that revived a prominent bookstore in UK.

If you're looking for a gift for a kid they have a great toy section now that has tons of educational toys and games that you don't often see elsewhere.

I used to meetup with dates at Barnes and Nobles.
If they didn't know where they were, they were probably stupid anyways.....