• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Best in Ryder Cup History

TheStarOne

Militem Octoginta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Individual ........Points scored......Nick Faldo..25
Individual.........Appearances .......Nick Faldo ...11

Best Team DUO.......The Spanish Armada.......Seve Ballesteros and Jose Marie Olazabal......11-2-0

Team Record since 1979...........Europe .....10 Wins.......8 Losses......1 tie
Team Europe
......has won 10 out of the last 14 Ryder Cups.........7 wins in the last 9 Ryder Cups

Best Ryder Cups......... USA ...1999.....The Comeback at Brookline
.......................TEAM EUROPE.....2012 ......The Miracle at Medina (A Little Seve Magic)

Best Ryder Cup Team Ever...... (since 1979)???

This year's W-L records by players who have played in previous Ryder Cups
USA....57 Wins.....62 Losses..... 20 Ties.... (Mickelson and Woods hurt this stat)

Europe........61 Wins....40 Losses......23 Ties

Mickelson and Woods combined Ryder Cup record...........31 - 37 - 10

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good stories on this over last few days on the Golf Channel. Some of the poor results by folks like Tiger and Mickelson can be attributed to poor pairings. Perhaps the worst was pairing both of them together for two matches (they lost both) in 2004. Everyone agreed that it was a bad idea, but Hal Sutton was dead set on taking this approach. Tiger's issues are in team play - he has a good record in singles.

I think that none of this is lost on Furyk, and he will be very careful about the pairings. I think that a Reed / Woods pairing should actually work out nicely. Also - 2018 Tiger is not like the previous Tiger. I think that being on the sidelines in 2016 as well as events in his life have humbled him a bit & makes him very appreciative of this chance & also enjoys being around all of these other players.

TheStarOne

Militem Octoginta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What The Ryder Cup is all about

Kaymer in a post match interview had won a major tournament......but he said the pressure in a Ryder Cup was multiple times more pressure

“On Friday I had sat down with Bernhard and talked to him a little bit about the Ryder Cup, because my attitude wasn’t the right one,” Kaymer explained. “By now, after that match today against Steve Stricker, I know how important the Ryder Cup became and still is for Olazábal. Bernhard helped me so much just to talk to me about it.”

Kaymer is already a major champion, having won the US PGA at Whistling Straits in 2010, but this achievement under maximum strain brought a whole different level of ecstasy. “The major win was just for myself, but I could see the guys behind me,” he said of the critical moment on the final green.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What The Ryder Cup is all about

Kaymer in a post match interview had won a major tournament......but he said the pressure in a Ryder Cup was multiple times more pressure

“On Friday I had sat down with Bernhard and talked to him a little bit about the Ryder Cup, because my attitude wasn’t the right one,” Kaymer explained. “By now, after that match today against Steve Stricker, I know how important the Ryder Cup became and still is for Olazábal. Bernhard helped me so much just to talk to me about it.”

Kaymer is already a major champion, having won the US PGA at Whistling Straits in 2010, but this achievement under maximum strain brought a whole different level of ecstasy. “The major win was just for myself, but I could see the guys behind me,” he said of the critical moment on the final green.

Good catch. I think that this should not be too much of an issue with golfers on either team at this time. Some of them may be a-holes at times, but they are primarily team players & all appear to get along w/ each other now (even Phil & Tiger). Reed is a perfect example. He certainly can be a d-bag at times, but he is built to play in the Ryder Cup & should be an asset. I also think that all 24 players value the Ryder Cup & its history.

Should be fun - not too far away now.