• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Bengals road to the Super Bowl Thread

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, just listing why I don't think they're a SB contender just yet.

But, way better than what most Bungles fans usually expect.....LOL.
Oh no i dont think they r a superbowl team. Sorry misunderstood. But they can make noise. It would be a surprise, but they are peaking, they are hot, at the right time….its a team no one wants a part of…. I wont be shocked if they make the afc title game or the superbowl. Just being honest.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got my own worries about tonight....LOL.
Im on the raiders tonight at home. Its strictly a gut call by me and my buddy, and the madden stuff. I do think the chargers r better.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,551.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im on the raiders tonight at home. Its strictly a gut call by me and my buddy, and the madden stuff. I do think the chargers r better.
Carr's put up or shut up game. He's a FA in the offseason. Fail and let him walk, hire Harbaugh and try and trade for Watson or Rodgers, maybe RW.....

Add a deep threat WR in the draft to go with Renfrow and Waller, add a few pieces to the defense and try again next season.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that is their downfall. However, that was my argument with bengals fans pre season. If the d even improved marginally from Last year, the offense was gonna be very good putting up 30 ish a week. So a marginal improvement and they are a scary team. I was right on that. Im wrong alot too, so Ill take this one. But, the one thing that d does well is
stop the run. They are what top 5? So for the playoffs i like that…. Especially against the titans. They showed they can play with the chiefs… titans are winning and finding ways but man, if they get in a hole early i just dont think tanny has it in him.

Are they a good run D or teams don't try to run because it's easier to attack them with the pass? I'm not sure as I don't watch them much, but sometimes one is a product of the other

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Up until last night, the Bengals still had a shot at the number one seed in the AFC. KC ended that shot when they beat Denver.

mrschaney

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about a bump,
for aging like a fine wine!

mrschaney

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harold, feel free to sticky this if you feel the need. You have my permission.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harold, feel free to sticky this if you feel the need. You have my permission.
Amazing how well the Bengals have done since dumping Marvin Lewis and Andy. They should of done that years before and how about that Joe Burrows? If you like I could change your avatar to a pic of him. Would you like that?

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amazing how well the Bengals have done since dumping Marvin Lewis and Andy. They should of done that years before and how about that Joe Burrows? If you like I could change your avatar to a pic of him. Would you like that?
Marvin was the right guy in 2002, and then again in 2010 when they re-booted a second time - he helped convince Brown to get the Bengals into the modern era of football. If Palmer doesn't shred his knee in 2005 playoff game - that team had a real shot. Same in 2015 with Dalton breaking his thumb - he was having a career year that year. Marvin did a lot of great things, but never could quite get the team over the hump for multiple reasons, some of which he owns, some of which were out of his control. However, without him - I don't know if the Bengals ever move in a positive direction in the early '00's.

Palmer was a talented QB, but never liked being in the spotlight. He was odd like that, and wasn't a outward leader. Not a knock on him, just how he chose to do things. Dalton was better at the leadership, but lacked the top end talent. Burrow seems to be the best mix of the 2 - no one for Cincinnati has had that moxie mixed with talent since Boomer.

ZT has never struck me as being a great coordinator (he was at University of Cincinnati for a time) or his other stops, but he does appear to have a great ability to lead an entire organization - not odd, I suppose when you consider how many great coordinators end up being terrible HC's. But, the mixture of landing a Burrow (and then a Chase) coupled with the F/A spending on defense mixed with solid draft picks has made for a great mix both for this year (surprisingly) and for the foreseeable future.

The real key will be to build on this year realizing that, regardless of the SB outcome, this team still has a long way to go to be a year in/out contender.

mrschaney

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure!

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How does Dalton feel? Lol! All they needed to do was dump his sorry arse!

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

mrschaney

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like it! Thanks

mrschaney

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, we got lucky. Think we need to start another rebuild soon.