• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Beginning of the End? A James Conner Thread

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not meaning to jump the gun here (but I am) and not meaning to give myself credit (but I am)...

Anyway, mentioned in the Spring in another thread that Conner was lucky that Snell or Samuels (Yes, I have been THOROUGHLY schooled now on how I should never mention "Samuels" and "Good" or "RB" in the same sentence.) didn't step up and take his job last season while he was hurt.

Anyhoo, did we just witness a potential transition last night? Conner, when he WAS in the game, looked ineffective and like he was overthinking EVERYTHING. Then he gets hurt (again) and Snell comes in and is effective and and looks hungry and the stats bear that out...

Is Conner losing his grip on the starting gig?

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he isnt, he should be. Conner has never been anything great anyways. Hes what I like to refer to as "replacement level talent", good enough to get the job done until someone better comes along. '19 Snell was NOT better, '20 Snell is an entirely different dude, and may be better. I mean seriously, is Snell a victim of a bodysnatcher? Theres no way thats the same dude. Snell also isnt anything great, also replacement level, even accounting for the vast improvement shown from last year to yesterday, but he certainly proved hes at minimum equal to Conner, at least in an overall, general sense.

Wouldn't be at all surprised to see Snell lead this back field in touches going forward, wether Conner is active or not.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He had one good year bc of his TD total. I don't have him in any of my leagues...he wasn't worth anything greater than Round 7 imo

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he isnt, he should be. Conner has never been anything great anyways. Hes what I like to refer to as "replacement level talent", good enough to get the job done until someone better comes along. '19 Snell was NOT better, '20 Snell is an entirely different dude, and may be better. I mean seriously, is Snell a victim of a bodysnatcher? Theres no way thats the same dude. Snell also isnt anything great, also replacement level, even accounting for the vast improvement shown from last year to yesterday, but he certainly proved hes at minimum equal to Conner, at least in an overall, general sense.

Wouldn't be at all surprised to see Snell lead this back field in touches going forward, wether Conner is active or not.

Yes, I remember you saying that and using that term "Replacement Level Talent". Good way of putting it. While Conner may be a "good guy" with a great story, I'm thinking we have to figure the Steelers aren't going to resign him to a big contract for sure...

Aside from that I know it is one game with Ben back, but wasn't seeing the type of blocking that favors a "patient runner" like the Steelers have been known for. Snell was more aggressively taking what was there which may be part of the reason for the difference, but yeah, he looked like a completely different player from last year.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too early to judge after only one game.

JohnShadows

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm in the same boat. Should have taken Snell, I did think about it when researching, and there was some talk he would jump Conner.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
James Conner needs some fictional Sarah Conner toughness in him.
He has yet to play an entire season.
For his injury woes to start in game 1 has to be frustrating to Conner owners.
But as an Anthony McFarland owner, I wonder if he'll be activated sooner rather than later.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So who's the top priority for this week's waiver claims? Snell, Hines, or someone else? James Robinson isn't available in either of the two leagues I'm in.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So who's the top priority for this week's waiver claims? Snell, Hines, or someone else? James Robinson isn't available in either of the two leagues I'm in.

In my league, it was those two, Josh Kelley and Shenault... I'm the Conner owner, but got snaked on Snell (Not surprising). I had actually drafted him, but ultimately had to let him go because I don't have space for handcuffs. In hindsight, however...

Anyway, ended up picking up Kelley...

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If you have Connor, I'd grab Snell. But if you don't have Connor, I'd go for Hines and Malcolm Brown over Snell. The committee potential with the Steelers makes me hesitant to make Snell the TOP priority even with Snell looking good. It sounds like Connor's injury may not be that serious and he could play next week so they'll probably rotate guys in. Even with Connor out, there's still a chance they'll rotate in a couple of guys. It sucks because I feel like Snell is the better back talent wise, but without knowing for sure what his role will be, I'm a little wary pursuing him hard.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you have Connor, I'd grab Snell. But if you don't have Connor, I'd go for Hines and Malcolm Brown over Snell. The committee potential with the Steelers makes me hesitant to make Snell the TOP priority even with Snell looking good. It sounds like Connor's injury may not be that serious and he could play next week so they'll probably rotate guys in. Even with Connor out, there's still a chance they'll rotate in a couple of guys. It sucks because I feel like Snell is the better back talent wise, but without knowing for sure what his role will be, I'm a little wary pursuing him hard.

Yeah, I hear you. It's just that the 19 rushes and 113 yards really makes you take notice. It makes me think that Tomlin might just ride the hot and healthy hand as long as he keeps producing. Currently, I still do have Hines above Snell in my waiver priority ranking.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How is Snell as a receiver? He had no receptions last night.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I just looked it up. Last year, Snell had 108 rushes in 13 games, but only 4 targets for 3 receptions and 23 yards. I play in a 0.5 PPR. I'm trying to decide if I prioritize Snell or Hines in my waiver claim.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I just looked it up. Last year, Snell had 108 rushes in 13 games, but only 4 targets for 3 receptions and 23 yards. I play in a 0.5 PPR. I'm trying to decide if I prioritize Snell or Hines in my waiver claim.

If its PPR, Hines will have more value. Rivers throws to his RBs quite a bit.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is Snell as a receiver? He had no receptions last night.
I don't see where I said he was,xwhich is why I said, " in a general sense"

But..Conner ain't much of a receiver from the trainers table either

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If its PPR, Hines will have more value. Rivers throws to his RBs quite a bit.

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking, too. And like I said in the other thread, I love burners like Hines.

I also have a couple minor decisions. I'm going with a streaming kicker and defense strategy. I might drop Dan Bailey for Mason Crosby, and I'm thinking that the top 3 defense streaming options for me are Titans, Cardinals, or Browns. NO also available, and I have given some thought to picking up and keeping NO as my defense, but they face KC and MIN during the playoff weeks in my league.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see where I said he was,xwhich is why I said, " in a general sense"

But..Conner ain't much of a receiver from the trainers table either

Yeah, I was just wondering if there was hope that he would see more targets. It sounds like you would agree that Hines is the greater talent over Snell.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have 3rd priority in waiver claims, and right now I have it prioritized: 1. Hines; 2. Snell; 3. Joshua Kelly.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I was just wondering if there was hope that he would see more targets. It sounds like you would agree that Hines is the greater talent over Snell.
In a ppr, I would most definitely say yes, absolutely. In a standard, its much closer, but still Hines