• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Bears can't catch a break, another bad injury

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yahoo sports is reporting Fuller has a broken hand and suffered a serious hip pointer in today's loss. Edit: err, not bad as in bad break, he was able to go back into the game and play, didn't come out until his hip pointer. But bad as in bad luck for this team this year and a bad break for the kid.

Da Coach

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has the hand been confirmed by the team? Last check the Bears had not confirmed it.

blh7068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has the hand been confirmed by the team? Last check the Bears had not confirmed it.

Same here, havent seen confirmation on the hand.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yahoo sports reported I don't know if that is "official" or not, probably we won't hear until Wednesday, but I did see him playing with a cast on his hand/arm during the game.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cornerback Kyle Fuller confirmed the reports during his weekly Monday morning radio appearance that he suffered a broken right hand and a right hip pointer during the course of Sunday's loss to Miami, putting an even higher price tag on the 27-14 loss that's dropped the club to 3-4. -CSN Chicago reporting this morning.

Da Coach

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well this sucks. Absolutely nothing going right with the Bears. Not only have we repeatedly shot ourselves in the foot, we aren't catching any breaks anywhere else either. It's going to be a really long 10 weeks gents. :pout:

C

cubzzzfanincali

Yahoo sports is reporting Fuller has a broken hand and suffered a serious hip pointer in today's loss. Edit: err, not bad as in bad break, he was able to go back into the game and play, didn't come out until his hip pointer. But bad as in bad luck for this team this year and a bad break for the kid.

The Bears have a below NFL average rate of injury this year. We haven't been the luckiest, nor the unluckiest.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems the hip pointer is going to keep him out more than the hand is.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bears have a below NFL average rate of injury this year. We haven't been the luckiest, nor the unluckiest.

More about how we are having our injuries.... Like all DB's injuries or how it was a bunch of O lineman all at the same time or like it was all of our LB's at the same time or like earlier in the year when Wilson, AJ and BM all were injured at the same time though BM didn't miss any time.

That part has been odd, like last year all up the middle on the D.

Last edited by a moderator:

blh7068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More about how we are having our injuries.... Like all DB's injuries or how it was a bunch of O lineman all at the same time or like it was all of our LB's at the same time or like earlier in the year when Wilson, AJ and BM all were injured at the same time though BM didn't miss any time.

That part has been odd, like last year all up the middle on the D.

Good point. Take the SF game for example...IIRC they reached as far as they could into the DB rotation by late in that game.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh… as much as I think last year's defensive demise had a lot to do with the injuries. I really don't think this team has been burned by injuries. The D still played well enough to win two more games if Jay and the offense can just hold onto the football. And then versus Miami, they were just flat.

Sure, it sucks that the injuries have seem to hit individual groups in particular. However, I just can't blame this team's 3-4 start on injuries.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The injury as "excuse" question has been debated... The question I ask is would the Bears have won those games... if Oline was healthy garza, slauson, AJ, BM... Peanut, All linbackers, Conte?

I know it's not realistic but If we had a completely healthy team through this season- would our record be the same?
If you believe they would have the same record- I have to call that coaching/scheme. (and piss poor play)
If you believe they would have a better record...I would have to say- Injuries was the cause. Of course- with better backups/depth we could have won some others too. Like if we had some out of nowhere WR from the practice squad (Marcus Robinson?) emerge. Or LB play like Ronado McClaine. or whatever his name is in Dallas... EVERYONE thought he was done.
I'm just playing devils advocate. Questioning.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The injury as "excuse" question has been debated... The question I ask is would the Bears have won those games... if Oline was healthy garza, slauson, AJ, BM... Peanut, All linbackers, Conte?

I know it's not realistic but If we had a completely healthy team through this season- would our record be the same?
If you believe they would have the same record- I have to call that coaching/scheme. (and piss poor play)
If you believe they would have a better record...I would have to say- Injuries was the cause. Of course- with better backups/depth we could have won some others too. Like if we had some out of nowhere WR from the practice squad (Marcus Robinson?) emerge. Or LB play like Ronado McClaine. or whatever his name is in Dallas... EVERYONE thought he was done.
I'm just playing devils advocate. Questioning.

The Bears would have likely beat Buffalo if either BM or AJ are healthy in the second half. However, they should have beat them and Carolina regardless.

At this point, I'm just hoping I see a Bears team with some fight vs NE. With Jones and Mayo out. I don't think it's an unwinnable game, but if they continue with the same old BS. No hope. I just want to see them play a solid game.