• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Baylor work around

mysfit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baylor is going to get left out no matter what it does.

I like the notion of folding what's left of the Big12 with the MWC and that getting the AQ (well DUH says the BSU fan)

All Baylor is doing is delaying things and pissing people off.

Can they sue non Texas schools? Probably not.

So TAMY sits tight, waits for the other programs to bolt at which point Baylor has nothing left to sue over and TAMU can move. Instead of TAMU being the first one off the pot it'll be the Okie schools heading to the PAC.

Baylor you cannot stop the inevitable.

7NationalChampionships

SportsHoopla Top 10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't MWC going to be granted BCS status next year anyways?? I remember hearing that somewhere.

tSNC

mysfit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't MWC going to be granted BCS status next year anyways?? I remember hearing that somewhere.

tSNC

The MWC has 2 of the 3 criteria but falls short on the third (top to bottom ranking) and will need to apply for an exemption. Having that granted is NO sure thing despite what the MWC think.

The MWC had TWO eval periods going this is just the end of the first and I can see the BCS saying hmmm noooo let's see how you do at the end of the second eval given all the movement in and out of the MWC.

The MWC after TCU leaves and Hawaii, NEvada and Fresno join is just a slightly souped up version of the old WAC and well short of where the MWC was before all this crap.

Love to get the AQ but I am not holding my breath

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too bad BYU, TCU, and Utah left. With BSU, that would've been a pretty strong conference.

mysfit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too bad BYU, TCU, and Utah left. With BSU, that would've been a pretty strong conference.

BYU was no big deal

TCU and Utah now those hurt

But the real problem, just as it is in the WAC isn't the top it's the horrendous drag from the bottom feeders. They are a tremendous anchor in the overall rankings which kills it.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BYU was no big deal

TCU and Utah now those hurt

But the real problem, just as it is in the WAC isn't the top it's the horrendous drag from the bottom feeders. They are a tremendous anchor in the overall rankings which kills it.

the good thing about the MWC is we have less bottom feeders and they are not as bad as the Wac ones

New Mexico even looks like their improved but we'll see these next two games.

mysfit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the good thing about the MWC is we have less bottom feeders and they are not as bad as the Wac ones

New Mexico even looks like their improved but we'll see these next two games.

We have maybe 1 or 2 fewer but some of them are in fact just as bad or close enough it doesn't matter.

It's insignificant to say 87 is better than 92 and 95 is better than 112.

The biggest obstacle the MWC has to AQ is the quality from top to bottom, specifically the bottom. And we have a bleeped up tv contract which limits national exposure on top of that. Yeah the MWC was the best move we could make but how it all ended up that gold turned quickly to brass.

BigAppleBadger

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are just too many teams in D-IA college football really.

If super-conferences do become a reality, it should just be 5 of them with 16 teams each, and that's it for the FBS - SEC, Big Ten, Pac-16, ACC, MWC. Obviously the B12 gets absorbed into the Pac, B10, SEC and MWC, and the Big East gets absorbed into the B10, SEC and ACC (and actually MWC, which gets TCU). CUSA, the MAC and Sun Belt just become FCS conferences, sorry.