• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: The Battle of New York

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Islanders–Rangers rivalry - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Rangers lead the Islanders by 2 points in the standings, but the Islanders got a game in hand over the Rangers. Both teams still got a shot to be the #2 team in the Metropolitan Division, but only one team will have that chance after this game (assuming the Pens lose to the Capitals)

After this, Rangers have 1 game left, against the Red Wings @ MSG.

Islanders will have 2 games at home against the Sabres & Flyers.

This might be the most crucial game of the season for both teams.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hey doobie!!! these games always have meaning, no matter what time of year it is. Rangers have not matched up well against the isles. Not going to use this game as a barometer for the PS, but it should be an interesting match. Wonder who AV puts out on ice 2nite, must assuredly mcilrath will be in. Don't know if there was any suspension given out to Glass?

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Islanders–Rangers rivalry - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Rangers lead the Islanders by 2 points in the standings, but the Islanders got a game in hand over the Rangers. Both teams still got a shot to be the #2 team in the Metropolitan Division, but only one team will have that chance after this game (assuming the Pens lose to the Capitals)

After this, Rangers have 1 game left, against the Red Wings @ MSG.

Islanders will have 2 games at home against the Sabres & Flyers.

This might be the most crucial game of the season for both teams.

Whoever wins this game is the loser. It's much better to get the 1st wildcard and draw the Panthers rather than get the Penguins. Normally I don't care who my team plays but with McDonagh and Girardi's injuries I'd rather play the weaker team in the first round.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't wait to see my beeeeeloved Outer-Borough Islanders thrash that other team for the Sydney Cup

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hey doobie!!! these games always have meaning, no matter what time of year it is. Rangers have not matched up well against the isles. Not going to use this game as a barometer for the PS, but it should be an interesting match. Wonder who AV puts out on ice 2nite, must assuredly mcilrath will be in. Don't know if there was any suspension given out to Glass?
Hey Pasta :wave:

I think they called up Brady Skjei for Ryan McDonagh. Not sure if they called anyone up for Dan Girardi.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoever wins this game is the loser. It's much better to get the 1st wildcard and draw the Panthers rather than get the Penguins. Normally I don't care who my team plays but with McDonagh and Girardi's injuries I'd rather play the weaker team in the first round.
Was sort of thinking the same thing, wouldn't it be advantageous in the 1st round to be the 1st wildcard instead of #3 or #2 in the Metro?

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i don't know, its a tough call... the rangers are the team to beat in the east imo, i say that not because i am a fan, but because they have been closer to cup last few years then all the others mentioned here in this thread. i do believe that Washington has it all!

So, if the rangers win 2nite it's because of destiny, it could also get them back on track for a nice run... or prove to be a 1st round knockout! said i wasn't using this as a barometer, i lied! lol

nothing but respect for isles & pitt, either team can compete for cup, its gonna be FUN...

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the isles are missing way too many players.... geez did not realize... rangers better win this one

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
doobie whats going on with injuries, have not seen anything about any ranger player? thanks
It's a game as rough as football but with 82 games, it's inevitable.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the isles are missing way too many players.... geez did not realize... rangers better win this one
Both teams are missing key players right now, basically, we all are at this point in the season. I honestly think all physical play will be banned from the NHL within 15 years. The game is as rough as football, except it's stretched out to an 82 game season instead of just 16. As we learn more & more about head injuries, the more I think all physical contact in sports will eventually be banned. It will hurt football more than hockey tho, so I'm not worried.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm starting to think early exit for rangers, they say reg season games mean nothing, really?

it's funny how the rangers finally figured out how to beat the west in regular season games after years of abuse, now, they can't beat the east! lol lets see.. not giving up yet, but it sure does not look good!

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm starting to think early exit for rangers, they say reg season games mean nothing, really?

it's funny how the rangers finally figured out how to beat the west in regular season games after years of abuse, now, they can't beat the east! lol lets see.. not giving up yet, but it sure does not look good!
Better to drop to the 1st wildcard & face the Panthers than to fight for #3 in the Metro & face the Pens IMO. I'm guessing the Rangers will lose to the Red Wings as well, just to seal the deal.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
logically yes doobie! but, i have to stick to my beliefs, the rangers don't deserve this opportunity. they should have been able to take care of business. They have sniffed the cup the last few years, if not for injury they may have gotten one. Personally, i didn't like some decisions made this year by the org. and Av. In all honesty i'd rather them face the hottest team in Pitt and let the chips fall where they may. Good luck to you my good friend, a great time of year in sports!

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
logically yes doobie! but, i have to stick to my beliefs, the rangers don't deserve this opportunity. they should have been able to take care of business. They have sniffed the cup the last few years, if not for injury they may have gotten one. Personally, i didn't like some decisions made this year by the org. and Av. In all honesty i'd rather them face the hottest team in Pitt and let the chips fall where they may. Good luck to you my good friend, a great time of year in sports!
Understandable pasta, but going up against a team like the Panthers sort of allows the Rangers to reevaluate themselves while going up against a team like the Pens probably won't present such an opportunity.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow did the flyers win the cup today??? lol J/K, congrats flyers fans, unexpected i'm sure!

Anyway the rangers game today, i think the rangers should have just pulled raanta towards the end... if any team tried to throw a game, that was ugly. And, what the front door was the wings coach thinking pulling his goalie with 2:43 on clock? is it because the rangers really never score an empty one, LOL, either way foolish move! weird game... and staal hurt? is he soft? didn't see much, his own guy hit him! strange game.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow did the flyers win the cup today??? lol J/K, congrats flyers fans, unexpected i'm sure!

Anyway the rangers game today, i think the rangers should have just pulled raanta towards the end... if any team tried to throw a game, that was ugly. And, what the front door was the wings coach thinking pulling his goalie with 2:43 on clock? is it because the rangers really never score an empty one, LOL, either way foolish move! weird game... and staal hurt? is he soft? didn't see much, his own guy hit him! strange game.
Yeah Pasta, strange game for sure. Now I'm left wondering if we're going to play the Rangers or Islanders in the 1st round.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think you will play the isles, like we got stuck for years playing the caps in PS, i think you get isles again, weird way of thinkin, but that me! lol

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think you will play the isles, like we got stuck for years playing the caps in PS, i think you get isles again, weird way of thinkin, but that me! lol
I think we'll get the Islanders as well.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i will feel awful if the isles take this losing momentum into fla and get swept, just awful!

in reality i got what i wanted... rangers vs pitt... no excuse series.. should be an absolute classic... doobie, we got each other for 2 more weeks, good luck my friend!