• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Batman (2022)

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but...you know the cops in Gotham are crooked and in bed with the criminals...so why fund that?
Make the cops MORE under-paid and under-manned and make it harder to attract good cops from Central City or Metropolis.

Good point.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Make the cops MORE under-paid and under-manned and make it harder to attract good cops from Central City or Metropolis.

Good point.
lol

or just keep paying the criminals to do criminal shit.

you are ok living with that sort of police department?

one of the whole points of Batman is to clean up an overly crooked city, including the cops

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

or just keep paying the criminals to do criminal shit.

you are ok living with that sort of police department?

one of the whole points of Batman is to clean up an overly crooked city, including the cops
I don’t want to turn this into the PF, but no one is saying to give the current crooked cops raises. But to refuse to pay the cops only opens the department to 2 outcomes…

You can’t attract anyone good

The guys you do get are making no money, and thus are very susceptible to getting paid elsewhere.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t want to turn this into the PF, but no one is saying to give the current crooked cops raises. But to refuse to pay the cops only opens the department to 2 outcomes…

You can’t attract anyone good

The guys you do get are making no money, and thus are very susceptible to getting paid elsewhere.
but it does almost sound like you are suggesting to pay the cops more so that they don't have to go looking elsewhere for income?

but from what I know about the Batman universe...they will still be in the criminals' pockets. Once crooked, always crooked in a system that is broken.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but it does almost sound like you are suggesting to pay the cops more so that they don't have to go looking elsewhere for income?

but from what I know about the Batman universe...they will still be in the criminals' pockets. Once crooked, always crooked in a system that is broken.
Gordon has been in the GPD since his early days. He is the type of cop they keep while clearing house and recruiting from Metropolis, Central City, etc for other cops.

if you have no in-flow of new cops, you can’t clear out the bad cops. A corrupt cop is better than no cop at all.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gordon has been in the GPD since his early days. He is the type of cop they keep while clearing house and recruiting from Metropolis, Central City, etc for other cops.

if you have no in-flow of new cops, you can’t clear out the bad cops. A corrupt cop is better than no cop at all.
I don't think I agree with that...

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think I agree with that...
When there are only 2 options, someone who will keep order 80% of the time while siding with the “bad guy” 20% of the time is better than complete anarchy where “might makes right” 100% of the time.

Give me the bad cop any day. But strive to be in a position where you can replace that bad cop. And it takes $$ to both replace tha bad cop (recruiting) and to root him out (oversight)

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When there are only 2 options, someone who will keep order 80% of the time while siding with the “bad guy” 20% of the time is better than complete anarchy where “might makes right” 100% of the time.

Give me the bad cop any day. But strive to be in a position where you can replace that bad cop. And it takes $$ to both replace tha bad cop (recruiting) and to root him out (oversight)
it's an interesting discussion, that's for sure...but also what makes the whole premise of Batman so interesting. It has a great story built around it.

but as an individual like the woman in the movie...what else can she do? Just live with it? Does she need to become Batman?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's an interesting discussion, that's for sure...but also what makes the whole premise of Batman so interesting. It has a great story built around it.

but as an individual like the woman in the movie...what else can she do? Just live with it? Does she need to become Batman?
Screaming nonsense is fine. But attempting to adopt the cries of the deranged is something else entirely.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I finished it

It was fine

It just went too long

Casting was definitely questionable

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hoping this trend of having superhero movies where the hero kinda sucks leads to people wanting to see more regular movies and not more superhero movies where the hero kinda sucks.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hoping this trend of having superhero movies where the hero kinda sucks leads to people wanting to see more regular movies and not more superhero movies where the hero kinda sucks.

I mean, that concept defeats the purpose of superheroes anyway

I liked the mystery angle of the movie

It was just too long

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It grew on me. I think part if it was I really hated Bale when he was Bruce Wayne. He played the part like it was written, I just could not stand him out of the bat suit. This one had to grow on me, yes, too long, but these guys making these movies dont just have to tell the story, they have to make it different than the last guy. I was pretty bummed when I heard Pattinson was not going to do the 3 and the co star affbat was coming back. Affbat has still never had his own story.