• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Batman (2022)

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Batman (2021), to be directed by Matt Reeves (director of Dawn of and War for the Planet of the Apes), will be the 12th film of the DC Extended Universe (DCEU) was formerly intended to be part of the DC Extended Universe but has now been moved out of DCEU continuity. It will follow Black Adam and precede The Flash.

Release date was announced yesterday as Friday, June 25, 2021 (update: delayed by covid-19 to Friday, October 1, 2021, and then delayed again to Friday, March 4, 2022), along with confirmation of the longstanding rumor that Ben Affleck will not be reprising the role in this prequel. The search is now on for a new, younger actor. (The possibility remains that Affleck may return for a future Batman movie that is not a prequel.)

What actor do you guys think would be a good choice for Affleck's replacement?

Last edited by a moderator:

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris Evans

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure. Just be better than using terrible source material that sets affleck and Cavil up to fail

DarthVedder

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure. Just be better than using terrible source material that sets affleck and Cavil up to fail
Bingo. BvS and TJL failed for many reasons. Affleck wasn't one of those reasons.

IMO, BvS has three great scenes, and two of those have Affleck as the central character (Bruce Wayne in the ground in Metropolis while the Cryptonians battled out and destroyed a good portion of it, Batman at the warehouse rescuing Superman's Martha). IMO, the other great scene is the introduction of Wonder Woman.

Cavill looks the part, but he's just not charming enough for Superman.

Last edited:

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bingo. BvS and TJL failed for many reasons. Affleck wasn't one of those reasons.

IMO, BvS has three great scenes, and two of those have Affleck as the central character (Bruce Wayne in the ground in Metropolis while the Cryptonians battled out and destroyed a good portion of it, Batman at the warehouse rescuing Superman's Martha). IMO, the other great scene is the introduction of Wonder Woman.

I don’t think there’s anything wrong with cavil. Frankly none of the big 3 Superman actors have been the problem.

Awful scripts, besides MOS, aka the gold standard of comic book movies, have been the problem

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris Pratt (if Guardians of the Galaxy 3 never happens), Bradley Cooper or Jon Hamm would be at the top of my list at the moment.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris Pratt (if Guardians of the Galaxy 3 never happens), Bradley Cooper or Jon Hamm would be at the top of my list at the moment.
Pratt and Hamm are too goofy and don’t have the body type at all to pull off the part, imho. Cooper may be an interesting casting.

Except that this is supposed to be a prequel, so I expect they will go much younger.

Thinking outside the box, but he may be too goofy as well...

Clayne Crawford?

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pratt and Hamm are too goofy and don’t have the body type at all to pull off the part, imho. Cooper may be an interesting casting.

Except that this is supposed to be a prequel, so I expect they will go much younger.

Thinking outside the box, but he may be too goofy as well...

Clayne Crawford?

Frankly Stephen Amell would be a good fit IMO.

Guess it depends what age they want to go for. I’m guessing something not as young at Batman Begins but younger than TDKR

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frankly Stephen Amell would be a good fit IMO.

Guess it depends what age they want to go for. I’m guessing something not as young at Batman Begins but younger than TDKR

kind of annoyed they are going the young route again... do we need another ORIGIN batman story?? or a young batman story... have a grizzled up batman, make the bad guy the riddler so they can show off his detective skills...

If you want to make him down in his dumps then have the opening scene Jason Todd dying...

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
kind of annoyed they are going the young route again... do we need another ORIGIN batman story?? or a young batman story... have a grizzled up batman, make the bad guy the riddler so they can show off his detective skills...

If you want to make him down in his dumps then have the opening scene Jason Todd dying...

I mean, to me having a near retired Batman and a brand new Superman was just off.

I would've preferred a Batman around Cavil's age right off the bat.

So no, we don't need a Batman Origin, but one that isn't well past his prime would be a good start.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, to me having a near retired Batman and a brand new Superman was just off.

I would've preferred a Batman around Cavil's age right off the bat.

So no, we don't need a Batman Origin, but one that isn't well past his prime would be a good start.

I get that... but we have seen it all so many times...

I guess, it doesn't matter if they find good source material... But I would love a story that shows his detective and maybe even more of his Bruce wayne side...

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get that... but we have seen it all so many times...

I guess, it doesn't matter if they find good source material... But I would love a story that shows his detective and maybe even more of his Bruce wayne side...

The problem was the rest of world finally saw how overrated Frank Miller's book was (sorry, it's self indulgent trash that never made any real sense).

Frankly a death of Jason Todd movie could be pretty dark, grim and really touch on Bruce Wayne just as much as Batman.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Shia LaBeouf is free. I'd give him a shot.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Release date was announced yesterday as Friday, June 25, 2021, along with confirmation of the longstanding rumor that Ben Affleck will not be reprising the role in this prequel: the search is now on for a new, younger actor. (The possibility remains that Affleck may return for a future Batman movie that is not a prequel.)
Yikes that sounds messy. Move on from Affleck fully if that's the plan.

Not a fan

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was such a stupid fucking scene I couldn't believe Snyder thought it would be acceptable

upload_2019-2-5_16-27-30.jpeg

Toadman005

The Scorpio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree those are the only good scenes from BvS but I'd ad the scene where panelists debate Superman while he performs heroic feats.

Cavill is plenty charming enough when he's ALLOWED to be. He stole the show in Justice League when he finally was allowed to BE Superman.