• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Batman (2022)

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hated when they cast Affleck in that role... And I hate it EVEN MORE with this bag of douche. What an absurd choice for Batman.

DC is a joke.

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What actor do you guys think would be a good choice for Affleck's replacement?[/QUOTE]

Paul Reubens.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So tired of these stupid superhero movies. They're all the same. I hope this movie bombs.

SU Nittany Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,096.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everybody thought heath ledger was an awful choice for the joker but he ended up being great. I'll hold out judgment.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everybody thought heath ledger was an awful choice for the joker but he ended up being great. I'll hold out judgment.
And Michael Keaton.

I agree that this seems like a HORRIBLE choice, but it is too early to completely toss the pick.

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IDK. I liked Affleck, but like many said already it was just bad material, direction, etc... Plus as I have said in many other threads, DC stories are just typically shit. Poor creativity.

I can't get behind Pattinson until I see him do it. Anytime he is mentioned for anything, I think of Twilight and can't let it go.

But I would like to see audition tapes for the following as Batman... some just because I think it would be funny, but whatever.

Carl Urban
Luke Evans
Eric Bana
Kyle Chandler
Jason Clarke
Jake Gyllenhaal

Those would be interesting.

Indrid Cold

Member In Black
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Kristen Stewart will have to be Batgirl...

"Batgirl...I...LOVE YOU...SO...much..."
(BG looks vaguely like she is cramping as well as constipated)
"Sigh...uh...sigh...uh..."

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought we already had a thread on this?

But yea......terrible

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i don't know who these people are.

Cowboyinexile

I have spoken
Hoopla Cash
$ 52,518.49
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IDK. I liked Affleck, but like many said already it was just bad material, direction, etc... Plus as I have said in many other threads, DC stories are just typically shit. Poor creativity.

I can't get behind Pattinson until I see him do it. Anytime he is mentioned for anything, I think of Twilight and can't let it go.

But I would like to see audition tapes for the following as Batman... some just because I think it would be funny, but whatever.

Carl Urban
Luke Evans
Eric Bana
Kyle Chandler
Jason Clarke
Jake Gyllenhaal

Those would be interesting.

Urban is underrated as a comedic actor. It would be fun but he would be more Adam West and less Bale/Affleck

Evans is ok but probably doesn't have the range to do the character justice

Bana is the same

Chandler. Man I'd think he would be Keaton 2.0 and that worked so I'd be cool with it

Clarke would be good. The way he played Howard in Lawless. Put that as Batman and that would be pretty slick.

Gyllenhaal is MCU now. I can see it but he's booked with the rival for the next decade.

I have no issue with Pattinson. The guy took a life changing role a decade ago that was crap but he's been a pretty solid actor in other films. It will be a different take on the character and he has the chops to pull it off. I'm looking forward to this.

BeaReylo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll give Pattison a chance, he's actually a pretty good actor. Note I said good not great. Its because of the whole Twilight thing thats leaving a bad taste in people's mouth, who can't get over it.

A lot of fans didn't want RDJ as Iron Man, Michael Keaton as Batman, or Heath Ledger as Joker. Pattison isn't Daniel Day Lewis or old school Johnny Depp but he can act.

Last edited:

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Urban is underrated as a comedic actor. It would be fun but he would be more Adam West and less Bale/Affleck

Evans is ok but probably doesn't have the range to do the character justice

Bana is the same

Chandler. Man I'd think he would be Keaton 2.0 and that worked so I'd be cool with it

Clarke would be good. The way he played Howard in Lawless. Put that as Batman and that would be pretty slick.

Gyllenhaal is MCU now. I can see it but he's booked with the rival for the next decade.

I have no issue with Pattinson. The guy took a life changing role a decade ago that was crap but he's been a pretty solid actor in other films. It will be a different take on the character and he has the chops to pull it off. I'm looking forward to this.

Being perfectly honest, I am not sure if I have seen anything else with Pattinson.

I think Evans would be good. Not sure what range it would really require; as Batman... ninja, fighting, badass, etc... as Wayne, charismatic, semi-arrogant billionaire. I think he could do it easily. I only defend him because I think he is the best choice outside of Gyllanhaal on that list.

I don't have much problem with Urban, I just need to see him in the role first. Part of me thinks he just wouldn't "look" the part.

Indrid Cold

Member In Black
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Javier Bardem would have been a fantastic Batman if he could have shaken his slight accent, but he is probably too old now.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Javier Bardem would have been a fantastic Batman if he could have shaken his slight accent, but he is probably too old now.
He may be a good actor, but he has next to zero charisma.

Then again, that pretty much describes Bale to a T...

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering Matt Reeves' best work is the last 2 Planet of the Apes movies which were fantastic I have faith in him. And outside of Twilight, Pattinson has done some fantastic indie work so he's got a good chance of pulling it off.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While we still know very little about the plot itself, it’s been rumored for a while now that The Batman will focus heavily on Bruce Wayne becoming a genius detective and speaking to sources close to the production, We Got This Covered has now learned a little bit more about what to expect. In short, the film will be a murder mystery which takes cues from Batman: The Long Halloween, a 13-issue comic book limited series written by Jeph Loeb with art by Tim Sale.

From what we understand, the plot will see a serial killer loose in Gotham City and Bruce Wayne taking it upon himself to track down the lunatic and put an end to his murderous rampage. Along the way, he’ll investigate many of his biggest foes, with Penguin, Catwoman and Riddler said to be the primary antagonists of the piece while folks like the Mad Hatter and Two-Face will play smaller roles.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has there ever been a Batman cast that wasn’t nearly universally hated by the masses? It reminds me of Hayden Christiansen getting the role for Anakin Skywalker, no matter who got cast it won’t live up to what anyone wants. Everyone hated Keaton getting the part but realistically his role as Bruce Wayne/Batman is what fans have looked for since he took the role.