• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Batman (2022)

Toadman005

The Scorpio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem was the rest of world finally saw how overrated Frank Miller's book was (sorry, it's self indulgent trash that never made any real sense).

Frankly a death of Jason Todd movie could be pretty dark, grim and really touch on Bruce Wayne just as much as Batman.
Horse shit, the Dark Knight Returns is the best graphic novel of all time. The problem was Snyder is a creative hack. Good director. Creative hack. He thought he could rip imagery from TDKR and film it and it'd be well received, but you can't. TDKR makes sense. BvS doesn't. At all.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Horse shit, the Dark Knight Returns is the best graphic novel of all time. The problem was Snyder is a creative hack. Good director. Creative hack. He thought he could rip imagery from TDKR and film it and it'd be well received, but you can't. TDKR makes sense. BvS doesn't. At all.

There were plenty of flaws of TDKR. Especially the Superman angle.

And how Superman wouldn’t have heard GA coming.

It’s overrated. It’s certainly no Hush or The Killig joke

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree those are the only good scenes from BvS but I'd ad the scene where panelists debate Superman while he performs heroic feats.

Cavill is plenty charming enough when he's ALLOWED to be. He stole the show in Justice League when he finally was allowed to BE Superman.

Yes. Cavil was never the problem with justice league or bvs

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ben Affleck will not be reprising the role in this prequel: the search is now on for a new, younger actor. (The possibility remains that Affleck may return for a future Batman movie that is not a prequel.)

What actor do you guys think would be a good choice for Affleck's replacement?
MV5BMjE5NDU2Mzc3MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNjAwNTE5OQ@@._V1_.jpg

Toadman005

The Scorpio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My friend I'll happily unpack and debate this with you.

Superman (still greatly weakened from a high yield multiple megaton nuke and subsequent no sun nuclear winter fallout) didn't hear GA because mere minutes (probably closer to seconds) earlier in the fight, Batman attacked him with a high pitched sonic weapon that hurt his super hearing, giving him a nose bleed. Surely that affected him. Plus, Arrow is no jobber, he's very stealthy. I can buy Clark not hearing him earlier, and he DID hear enough to catch the arrow. If anything he just never suspected two old friends would conspire against him with potential lethality.

I love me both Hush and Killing Joke but imho neither comes close. But, that's just my opinion.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My friend I'll happily unpack and debate this with you.

Superman (still greatly weakened from a high yield multiple megaton nuke and subsequent no sun nuclear winter fallout) didn't hear GA because mere minutes (probably closer to seconds) earlier in the fight, Batman attacked him with a high pitched sonic weapon that hurt his super hearing, giving him a nose bleed. Surely that affected him. Plus, Arrow is no jobber, he's very stealthy. I can buy Clark not hearing him earlier, and he DID hear enough to catch the arrow. If anything he just never suspected two old friends would conspire against him with potential lethality.

I love me both Hush and Killing Joke but imho neither comes close. But, that's just my opinion.

Why is he a govt stooge?

Toadman005

The Scorpio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is he a govt stooge?
Because, in story, it's explained heroes either had to retire or go underground. Superman chose to work behind the scenes. He even rationalizes his reasons...he gets to save lives. He saved America from the Soviets. It's perfectly within character.

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ben Affleck retires his cape on Jimmy Kimmel:

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why don't you have Ryan Reynolds be batman along with the stupid names that have been put out there

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Joe Cole would be a pretty good younger batman from peaky blinders

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hush would be awesome but to do it right you would have to do a streaming series. If DC wants my money put that on their streaming service and follow it up with the "The Long Halloween".

The more I think about it this is the direction to go with Batman.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hush would be awesome but to do it right you would have to do a streaming series. If DC wants my money put that on their streaming service and follow it up with the "The Long Halloween".

The more I think about it this is the direction to go with Batman.

I have a big issue with the ending of Hush (it 100% should’ve been Jason Todd imo, that’s where all the clues pointed) the journey was absolutely epic