• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The basketball thread

Cowboyinexile

I have spoken
Hoopla Cash
$ 52,518.49
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you guys think?

Personally I think if Boynton sticks around for another decade he gets us back to a final four caliber program.

The Underwood debacle followed by unproven coach/Evans debacle cost us two classes. As much as I like Lindy, Dwaz, and Cam none of them are anywhere an Evans or Smart type talent so we have a roster of role players.

That being said, Ice and Yor are gonna develop into dudes and basically everyone in next years class is ranked higher than anyone we've had since Evans.

We had to cut some bad apples so the 2020 class is going to be just as big. We already have one top 100 guy and are in on some legit one and done talent.

Ford was good at getting 1 or 2 elite players and not enough to build around. Boynton has yet to land someone truly elite (12 months from now Marcus Watson may say hai) but he is building an elite team.

From a coaching perspective its working. Eddie was a coach. His teams got better during the season. Ford was the opposite. His teams were fun in December but we got our ass handed to us in Feburary. Last year we got better in the winter. This year we sucked in December but were playing better in the new year. The dismissals kinda give this winter a pass. We sent our starting pg packing so this year is a loss. It was a loss because we don't have the talent but we went from maybe NIT to 12-18 type year with the dismissals. But coach made a point that he isnt gonna give jackasses a pass and that will help long term.

So coaching we get better in the winter like teams that need to be stronger in March do. And he is strong on discipline.

So we have a young coach that can recruit. He can coach and he doesn't suffer bullshit.

CowpokeU

TCU Homeboard Wrecker
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm scared because we are having Open Tryouts for our basketball team to replace the 3 kicked off the team.

Not really a fan

CowpokeU

TCU Homeboard Wrecker
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But I love Boynton and he's bought into oSu in it's entirety and I hope he stays.