• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Athletic

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a subscriber I have codes that provide five friends a 30 day free pass. Anyone interested?

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a subscriber I have codes that provide five friends a 30 day free pass. Anyone interested?
Yes. They advertise a lot on facebook and I click on it and get mad when I can't read it. Was thinking about shelling out a couple bucks for s month to check it out around draft time, but haven't broken down yet. Free pass would be awesome. Thanks, man.

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this first come, first serve?

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. They advertise a lot on facebook and I click on it and get mad when I can't read it. Was thinking about shelling out a couple bucks for s month to check it out around draft time, but haven't broken down yet. Free pass would be awesome. Thanks, man.
I signed up for six months at a dollar a month on some special that came by. I think that’s what it was. Buck a month till September? Check your inbox. Enjoy!

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just my opinion, but The Athletic is one of the few sites I pay for - and think I get my money’s worth. I wouldn’t recommend getting it just for the Broncos coverage, but if you are an Avs fan, Cardinals fan, Cubs fan - you catch my drift - they have pretty good coverage across the board. Some great in-depth articles that I especially enjoy.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just my opinion, but The Athletic is one of the few sites I pay for - and think I get my money’s worth. I wouldn’t recommend getting it just for the Broncos coverage, but if you are an Avs fan, Cardinals fan, Cubs fan - you catch my drift - they have pretty good coverage across the board. Some great in-depth articles that I especially enjoy.
George suggested I check the Athletic out - and like him - this is the rare thing I am glad to pay for on the internet. Great - in depth coverage of my favorite teams and the sports. I highly recommend the Athletic.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The good and bad currently on The Athletic.

the bad first. It’s a pity when the year that expectations for the Nuggets are high, they currently do not have a dedicated writer for the Nugs. So comparatively few articles on a team I’m following closely.

the good - The Beast is Brugler’s annual scouting reports on draft prospects. The most thorough and informative piece on draft prospects I've ever read. Goes back to their HS days and often even has family info. This year’s edition just came out last night. If you want the link and password, send me a PM. whether you agree or not on his rankings, that doesn’t matter - it’s just filled with helpful info.

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

the bad first. It’s a pity when the year that expectations for the Nuggets are high, they currently do not have a dedicated writer for the Nugs. So comparatively few articles on a team I’m following closely.

the good - The Beast is Brugler’s annual scouting reports on draft prospects. The most thorough and informative piece on draft prospects I've ever read. Goes back to their HS days and often even has family info. This year’s edition just came out last night. If you want the link and password, send me a PM. whether you agree or not on his rankings, that doesn’t matter - it’s just filled with helpful info.
What I didn’t realize about this 30 day trial subscription for the athletic is that you have to put up a credit card that they will charge after the 30 days unless you cancel. I thought it simply turned it on for 30 days. So if you use the three day sample you don’t want to continue be sure to unsubscribe in whatever manner they suggest.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I thought Kosmider was the Nuggets reporter on the Athletic.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Kosmider was the Nuggets reporter on the Athletic
My understanding is that he is a temporary stand-in. But I could be wrong. Compare, for instance, the number of Avs articles. It must be 7-8 Avs articles for one Nuggets article. That's a disappointment to me.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's been standing in for three years or so - if true.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's been standing in for three years or so - if true.
If so, then replace him with someone more competant! ;)

wasnt Kendra Perkins on the beat last year?

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is sparse - it just seems to me Nick Kosmider has been doing it for some time. I get most of my Nuggets news here:

The Latest Denver Nuggets News | SportSpyder
It’s been a week since Nick has posted an article. During that time the Nuggets went 4-0, are on an 8 game winning streak, and are undefeated since the Gordon trade. Yet Nick can’t make time to write a single article? Me thinks he is very part time, negligent, or stealing money from his employers. ;)

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s been a week since Nick has posted an article. During that time the Nuggets went 4-0, are on an 8 game winning streak, and are undefeated since the Gordon trade. Yet Nick can’t make time to write a single article? Me thinks he is very part time, negligent, or stealing money from his employers. ;)
I usually read the articles without checking on the author, but I have now noticed the Nick Kosmider writes the Broncos articles (which are plenty) and the Nuggets (which are sparse) - so you have a valid point in that Nick for all his faults is spread too thinly. Perhaps it is because the NBA regular season is a grind that doesn't tell you much until the playoffs.

I'm very excited about the Nugs - I don't think they have been beaten since Gordon has arrived. Also - Porter has emerged brilliantly as a starter with frequent double doubles in points and rebounds - managing to impress on his defense now and again. Even without Murray in the lineup other guys pick up. Even when the Nugs decide to sleep through half the game - they seem to have enough to muscle out a victory in the end. I am amazed at their confidence when it is close at the end of a game - these days.

Malone has some faults as a coach, but he seems to really understand how to bring a team around to playing its best at the end - and that is where this Nuggets team is headed. The Western Conference has half a dozen contenders for the conference champ, but I don't see why the Nuggets can't get to the finals this year - as it doesn't seem to be the Lakers year.

Go Nuggets!

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mingo, you are right on target regarding Porter. (I really, really like him despite that name!) The trade that brought Gordon has allowed MPJ to be playing as a 4 and not having to guard quicker 3s, where he was abysmal. He has actually become a slightly plus defender which is a huge jump from where he was last year and even earlier this year.

He‘s getting 20/10 just rolling out of bed each game day.

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My six month loss leader subscription is about to expire. Some of you guys are subscribers, too. Any guidance on re-uping?

I think I have a decent deal, just thought to ask her before committing. I really have enjoyed access for the last six months. The deal I discovered is $1.80mo billed at $21ish annually. I got that by canceling online and during my progression of clicks getting to the final cancel click the offer above popped up. Full retail looks like $7.99mo.

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ve been paying $1.mo for six months. It’s been a great deal. Just trying to keep costs down on the never ending monthly subscriptions. $1.80 still is great value.
Attempting to cancel the subscription definitely puts a better rate in play. (I did it online in the manage subscription section of my account) May be the whole point of my two posts here is to shine a light on that fact.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ve been paying $1.mo for six months. It’s been a great deal. Just trying to keep costs down on the never ending monthly subscriptions. $1.80 still is great value.
Attempting to cancel the subscription definitely puts a better rate in play. (I did it online in the manage subscription section of my account) May be the whole point of my two posts here is to shine a light on that fact.
I think what I'm paying is a good deal for the content I access, but your price beats the crap out of what I'm paying.