• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 40 Year NFL Salary Cap Draft : CHAT

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shane and I have agreed to a trade:

Shane trades 13th pick for Sushi's 15th and $1.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, since we are still talking about this. Let's just be honest, the picks you gave Mebert do not matter at all there is still good players available at nearly every position. Fact is no matter who he picks now the value is not nearly what he had in Deion. Why not trade Woodson who was actually $9 or Bruce Smith who was $13? Neither of those players are as valuable in the draft as Deion is and he would have been saving more money with either of them.

If you just step back and look at this trade for what it is you will see this was as one-sided a trade as we have ever had. The 10th and 12th round picks mean absolutely nothing, so he got $5, Five Dollars for what most people consider the best Corner available. To think Mark Haynes is even in the same league as Deion is insane, he's not top 50 CB available in this draft.

Even if he turns that $10 into a better offensive line it will not have the impact that Deion would have had. So now instead of a few $5 linemen he can get a few $8 linemen. As someone who has been in every NFL draft we have ever done I can tell you, Deion holds more weight than a better than average offensive line and it's not close.

Like I said before, it's not a big deal, let's just continue to have fun with our drafts I do not wanna argue with anyone but to try to somehow show this trade wasn't one-sided is ridiculous...

Except you can't ignore the picks. Without them you are looking at half the trade.

Currently I sit $2 less than I did before, but with 2 less players to draft.

I traded Sander and the 21st and 22nd rounds for Gary Zimmermann, Larry Little, and Mark Haynes and I am STILL in a better money situation than before.

If you think a dominant left side of the line is less valuable than the difference between Haynes and Sanders you are plain wrong. The fact is you flew off the handle when the trade was 30% complete and are too stubborn to retract it now. You can say UK got the better of it, but one of the most lop sided ever? You have no ground to make that stand.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trade has been posted on the team page.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except you can't ignore the picks. Without them you are looking at half the trade.

I traded Sander and the 21st and 22nd rounds for Gary Zimmermann, Larry Little, and Mark Haynes and I am STILL in a better money situation than before.

If you think a dominant left side of the line is less valuable than the difference between Haynes and Sanders you are plain wrong. The fact is you flew off the handle when the trade was 30% complete and are too stubborn to retract it now. You can say UK got the better of it, but one of the most lop sided ever? You have no ground to make that stand.

Those 3 players combined do not = Deion Sanders. Not in the eyes of the people voting. I promise...

I could name two players you could have drafted for $6 less than Zimmerman & Little that would have been way more close in value than Haynes is to Deion. The thing you aren't understanding is a dominating secondary is way more important to the people voting than a dominating offensive line and sadly it's not even close.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

100%. Let's look at it another way, and I'm gonna name drop, but it doesn't matter because every guy here knows this guy is on the board. Let's say instead of 3 players with the money he saved, Mebert took CB Mark Haynes and DT Mean Joe Greene with the two picks he got from me. He would still have the same amount of money he had BEFORE the trade, and he'd still have his own picks, which he didn't have to use for those two players. So would Deion and a couple of end of round picks for Mark Haynes and Mean Joe be lopsided? If so, Ronnie Lott for LT is. Look at the difference to his overall team. I think it works out great for Mebert

Last edited:

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shane and I have agreed to a trade:

Shane trades 13th pick for Sushi's 15th and $1.
This is another example of why I think Mebert did well. He cleared $13, which is what he wanted done. If he traded an OTC pick, not only would he lose the pick, he'd only gain $1. That's the going rate. He got $5, which is no worse than 2nd round pick money

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, since we are still talking about this. Let's just be honest, the picks you gave Mebert do not matter at all there is still good players available at nearly every position. Fact is no matter who he picks now the value is not nearly what he had in Deion. Why not trade Woodson who was actually $9 or Bruce Smith who was $13? Neither of those players are as valuable in the draft as Deion is and he would have been saving more money with either of them.

If you just step back and look at this trade for what it is you will see this was as one-sided a trade as we have ever had. The 10th and 12th round picks mean absolutely nothing, so he got $5, Five Dollars for what most people consider the best Corner available. To think Mark Haynes is even in the same league as Deion is insane, he's not top 50 CB available in this draft.

Even if he turns that $10 into a better offensive line it will not have the impact that Deion would have had. So now instead of a few $5 linemen he can get a few $8 linemen. As someone who has been in every NFL draft we have ever done I can tell you, Deion holds more weight than a better than average offensive line and it's not close.

Like I said before, it's not a big deal, let's just continue to have fun with our drafts I do not wanna argue with anyone but to try to somehow show this trade wasn't one-sided is ridiculous...

I have to agree here... Deion at $8 was HUGE... Him, Montana, Moss and Rogers were the best value picks in the draft which is why they went 1, 4, 6, 7.... But here we are so let's move on so I can pick... :nod:

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those 3 players combined do not = Deion Sanders. Not in the eyes of the people voting. I promise...

I could name two players you could have drafted for $6 less than Zimmerman & Little that would have been way more close in value than Haynes is to Deion. The thing you aren't understanding is a dominating secondary is way more important to the people voting than a dominating offensive line and sadly it's not even close.

I build my team like I would build a winning team, and oline is second only to QB on offense in football. And an elite pass rush is just as important to the secondary as cb's and I have 2 of the best rushing

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@wlk3 said earlier that he now had the best CB duo with Woodson/Haynes i'm gonna have to say nope.

Sanders/Bailey > Woodson/Haynes

Woodson/Haynes/Butler > Sanders/Bailey/Harrison

I said secondary...

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I build my team like I would build a winning team, and oline is second only to QB on offense in football. And an elite pass rush is just as important to the secondary as cb's and I have 2 of the best rushing

This isn't the NFL.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who we waitin on? lolzzz

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1