• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 4 remaining playoff quarterbacks

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think this guy realizes he's embarrassing himself the more he talks.

Let's disregard him and disregard this thread. Any real football discussion has already been lost by page 4.

true.

i'm indifferent about the colts vs pats. i like luck and brady, and i just want to see a good game. best of luck to both. please injure each other lots.

cwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bottom line is Luck would go ahead of Wilson if teams redrafted the current NFL players. Replace Luck with a mediocre quarterback and the Colts aren't in the playoffs. Replace Wilson with a mediocre quarterback and the Seahawks might still be in the NFC Championship game. Wilson is a very good quarterback, but he has never had to carry much of a burden.

Edit - I started writing this before the Bears fan with the *horrible* name ( :) ) said pretty much the same thing.

Last edited by a moderator:

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is how every RW argument goes with a Seahawks fan....

Non Seahawks fan: Statement about Russell Wilson.
Seahawks fan: Russell Wilson is the greatest!

no seahawks fan has ever said wilson is the greatest or anything close to it.

try again, but this time, pretend to be beyond your tween years.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bottom line is Luck would go ahead of Wilson if teams redrafted the current NFL players. Replace Luck with a mediocre quarterback and the Colts aren't in the playoffs. Replace Wilson with a mediocre quarterback and the Seahawks might still be in the NFC Championship game. Wilson is a very good quarterback, but he has never had to carry much of a burden.

i just don't know about that. i think luck is more gifted than wilson as a passer by a longshot, but our receivers aren't all that great. it's hard to tell whether or not luck would be that much greater with seattle if you really think about it. all i know is that wilson's ability to read and scramble are pretty good, and he's uniquely suited to this team.

give both of them an above average to excellent receiver core, and i think luck would indeed outplay wilson. that's a different argument, though.

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol:

NSF: Not really, QB a, b, c, etc are better. I would take them over RW. Wilson is good though.
SF: No RW is the greatest he's a Super Bowl winner! He wins so many games!
NSF: well those QBs have never had that great of a defense and running game.
SF: regurgitates meaningless stats that have more to do with the situations than talent.

Seahawks fans need to take a much better QBs advice and "relax". Wilson is very good, but if he were on the colts, the colts wouldn't even sniff the playoffs. Give Russell Wilson a shitty running game and an average defense and he will look okay, but not near as good as he does now. Just enjoy the several good years you have ahead.

:lol:you are so fucking clueless:lol:.
Very few have EVER stated that RW is the greatest, not yet:agree:, but, he's pretty fucking good huh. You wish you had RW, cutler,,,,,blah. RW is a winner. Is he the GREATEST? idk, but I'm willing to take the RISK for another 8-10 years to find out. I like Luck, this is not about AL vs RW, it is about how good is RW. Right now!!!!! Better than AL. sorry:nod:

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
true.

i'm indifferent about the colts vs pats. i like luck and brady, and i just want to see a good game. best of luck to both. please injure each other lots.

I'm the same way. I like Luck as well. Sherman and Baldwin love him too. I think most Seahawk and fans in general respect Luck and see his great potential. But he's just not there yet. He still makes a lot of mistakes. And that's just the facts.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Edit - I started writing this before the Bears fan with the *horrible* name ( :) ) said pretty much the same thing.

The first bolded part is true and honestly I don't think anyone here would argue against that. Luck is fricking 6'5 with all the tools and the IQ to be one of the best ever if he continues to develop.

Second bolded is one of the biggest myths on SportsHoopla. The playoff benchmark this year is 11 wins. Replace Russell with a mediocre QB for 16 games...there's NO way the Seahawks make the playoffs let alone make it to the NFC Championship

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont understand this narrative that Wilson would somehow struggle in a different offense. I get that he may not play for a SB favorite If he was with another team, but he would make damn every offense in the league would be better If he were on them. Seriously, what does he not do well? What liabilities would he bring with an increased volume of dropbacks?

cwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The first bolded part is true and honestly I don't think anyone here would argue against that. Luck is fricking 6'5 with all the tools and the IQ to be one of the best ever if he continues to develop.

Second bolded is one of the biggest myths on SportsHoopla. The playoff benchmark this year is 11 wins. Replace Russell with a mediocre QB for 16 games...there's NO way the Seahawks make the playoffs let alone make it to the NFC Championship

We only had Russell for one year, but he's *almost* as popular in Wisconsin as he is in Seattle. I absolutely love the guy. I just don't think he's faced much adversity yet. He was put into an extremely good position. Luck wouldn't win many games only throwing for 200 yards on average. I'm waiting to see what Wilson does when he *needs* to throw for 300 yards and 2-3 TDs per game... because Luck wouldn't have anywhere near his current number of turnovers if he played in Wilson's situation.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These 4 QB's make up the top 2 tiers of NFL quarterbacks. Brady and Rodgers are obviously tier 1 and Luck + Wilson are tier 2. Wilson has the best all around team in the league around him. It's gonna be a fun day on Sunday.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NSF: Not really, QB a, b, c, etc are better. I would take them over RW. Wilson is good though.
SF: regurgitates meaningless stats that have more to do with the situations than talent.

Seahawks fans need to take a much better QBs advice and "relax". Wilson is very good, but if he were on the colts, the colts wouldn't even sniff the playoffs. Give Russell Wilson a shitty running game and an average defense and he will look okay, but not near as good as he does now. Just enjoy the several good years you have ahead.

I have always admired your honesty BoP!

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly...so why would hawk fans bring up the division argument? Oh I know........ignorance with a massive inferiority complex.

Here, let me lay some statistical knowledge on you that you'll most likely ignore, but I'll do it any way. I'll compare divisions for 3 time periods: since 2002; last 5 years and this season, and maybe you'll understand something after this.

B]2002-2014[/B]

Divisions overall record:
1. AFC East 436-396 .524
2. AFC North 428-401-3 .516
2. NFC East 429-402-1 .516
4. AFC South 418-414 .502
4. NFC South 417-413-2 .502
6. AFC West 400-416 .490
7. NFC North 403-427-2 .486
8. NFC West 384-446-2 .463

Division win % without best team (or in other words, record of supporting cast):
1. NFC East (Philadelphia) .490
2. NFC South (New Orleans) .486
3. AFC North (Pittsburgh) .476
4. AFC West (San Diego) .459
5. AFC East (New England) .444
6. AFC South (Indianapolis) .439
7. NFC North (Green Bay) .438
8. NFC West (Seattle) .429

Last 5 Seasons

1. AFC North 172-147-1 .539
2. NFC West 168-150-2 .528
3. NFC North 167-151-2 .525
4. AFC East 167-153 .522
5. AFC West 158-162 .494
6. NFC South 156-163-1 .489
7. NFC East 153-167 .478
8. AFC South 136-184 .425

Division win % without best team (or in other words, record of supporting cast):
1. AFC North (Batimore, by 1 game) .502
2. NFC West ( San Francisco, by 1/2 game) .494
3. NFC North (Green Bay) .465
4. NFC East (Philadelphia/Dallas, tie) .463
5. AFC West (Denver) .450
6. NFC South (New Orleans) .465
7. AFC East (New England) .443
8. AFC South (Indianapolis) .379

This Season

1. AFC North 38-25-1 .602
2. NFC West 37-27 .578
3. NFC North 35-29 .547
4. NFC East 33-31 .516
4. NFC West 33-31 .516
6. NFC East 32-32 .500
7. AFC South 25-39 .391
8. NFC South 22-41-1 .352

1. AFC North (Pittsburgh) .573
2. NFC West (Seattle) .521
3. AFC West (Denver) .500
4. NFC North (Green Bay) .479
5. NFC East (Dallas) .458
6. AFC East (New England) .438
7. NFC South (Carolina) .323
8. AFC South (Indianapolis) .292

So, yes, the NFC West had a long run in the cellar, but as you can see, they have climbed out of it and are currently the second toughest division in the NFL (both the last 5 years and this season). We understand the lack of respect that is given to any team from a horrible division. This fact is exactly why division is brought up here, cause getting a free ride according to your competition doesn't make you a better team, just makes your opponents worse.

So, why not bring up the horrible division that Indy is in (and always has been)? We remember every time someone wanted to talk about how good a team was compared to ours and all our accomplishments were discounted for having a terrible division. So, why not bring up Indy's terrible division (and it always has bee)?

I admit that some Seahawk fans have a Napoleon complex when wanting respect for their teams accomplishments and players, but it appears that some Indy fans are the Emperor without any clothes, delusional about what's really been going on.

geezer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

These kinds of posts are typical, but if they trash Wilson or make him out to be average, then that means the rest of the Seattle team must be some kind of incredible juggernaut. Must be the greatest team ever to carry an average guy to the Superbowl. Maybe twice.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont understand this narrative that Wilson would somehow struggle in a different offense. I get that he may not play for a SB favorite If he was with another team, but he would make damn every offense in the league would be better If he were on them. Seriously, what does he not do well? What liabilities would he bring with an increased volume of dropbacks?

Wilson would struggle in a different offense? I dont agree with that, although a running attack helps. Why you Seahawks fans get butthurt...I havent a clue. He's a good QB, but not close to being elite

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We only had Russell for one year, but he's *almost* as popular in Wisconsin as he is in Seattle. I absolutely love the guy. I just don't think he's faced much adversity yet. He was put into an extremely good position. Luck wouldn't win many games only throwing for 200 yards on average. I'm waiting to see what Wilson does when he *needs* to throw for 300 yards and 2-3 TDs per game... because Luck wouldn't have anywhere near his current number of turnovers if he played in Wilson's situation.

I do agree that Luck has to shoulder the load more on offense, but it's hard to guess what Luck's numbers will be in this situation or what Russell's numbers will be in a different situation.

Maybe Russell throws for 4000 yds and 35 tds and runs for 600 yds in a spread offense with a good offensive line. Maybe Luck is ultra efficient playing on a run first team and has a 105 qb rating.

Either way...both Quarterbacks get it done for their team and both are winners.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These kinds of posts are typical, but if they trash Wilson or make him out to be average, then that means the rest of the Seattle team must be some kind of incredible juggernaut. Must be the greatest team ever to carry an average guy to the Superbowl. Maybe twice.

They dont want to aknowledge what Wilson brings to his team. Only the other way around. Cant blame them though, espn has conditioned them well.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson is a good QB.....he'd still be a good QB on the Colts, but were 6-win team with him. It is what it is.....

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
jelly u jelly?

Yes u r. sorry the Seahawks are successful, it hurts u, but RW WILL win another SB before AL wins his first, Just my opinion.