• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 4 remaining playoff quarterbacks

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excellent posts all around fellas. Amazing how posters can have actual football discussions when a certain few aren't around to troll

I think the topic of redrafting 2012 is interesting

Luck would probably still go 1 and Russell would probably go 2. But who goes 3 and 4...Kuechly and Wagner or does RG3 still get one of those spots.

Here's one to ponder...

Tannehill, Foles, or RG3 in the 2012 draft...who goes higher if there's a redraft

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,306.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson is a good QB.....he'd still be a good QB on the Colts, but were 6-win team with him. It is what it is.....

From what I gather Russell has won everywhere he has played at all levels.
Yet, if he played on the team you cheer for the team would be a disaster at 6-10.
Are the Colts that fucked up?

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would agree with this^^^^

I remember getting excited to watch the next PRE-season game to see what RW would do next.
He definitely got the fans excited from day one, but it still shocked me when PC named him the starter.
I wanted him to name RW the starter, just surprised he actually did.

I didn't notice the talent he had in the draft and yes ,I was one of those who called him the Hobbit. He has proven his worth and made me eat my words for sure.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hindsight really as to where Wilson would be picked. I recall (on another board at the time) that Seahawk fans were pumped up that they landed Matt Flynn from the Packers. I don't recall any 'Hawk fans jumping for joy with the RW pick at the time....until they saw him during the practices.

IDK, you obviously weren't on the Seahawks board on cbs that year. Man, I was so stoked to get Wilson, thought he was the starter for the Seahawks the second he was drafted (granted I thought he's sit a year and then take over in '13, but we can't always be right).

I loved the 2012 draft. Not only did I get Wagner, Wilson and Turbin correct in my pre-draft mock (and anyone who knows the Seahawks drafts, knows how hard that achievement is!), but I was jumping up and down like we'd just won the SB with those picks. And, in "hindsight", I guess I was right with that, too. :yahoo:

Ok, enough kidding aside, that was the second year that I really dove into the college prospects, and Wilson always seemed to be way underrated for what he brought to the table. I honestly thought my mock of us getting him was more a pipe dream than reality, cause someone had to see the same potential that I saw. A lot of fans on cbs weren't sold on Flynn as the long term answer, and so many weren't surprised that Wilson beat him out, especially since initial reports out of camp were that Wilson was just wowing everyone.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And every draft, the teams that are desperate draft questionable talent in the first round. Even mortgage the future for a "can't miss".
Seattle has RW. We are very glad to have him. Now if we can just draft some lineman to protect him we might win a game or two.

Now your reaching Geezer

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,306.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hindsight really as to where Wilson would be picked. I recall (on another board at the time) that Seahawk fans were pumped up that they landed Matt Flynn from the Packers. I don't recall any 'Hawk fans jumping for joy with the RW pick at the time....until they saw him during the practices.

For me, it was watching his 1st PS game. By the 3rd PS game I told my oldest son, Russell will become the greatest QB we have ever had.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IDK, you obviously weren't on the Seahawks board on cbs that year. Man, I was so stoked to get Wilson, thought he was the starter for the Seahawks the second he was drafted (granted I thought he's sit a year and then take over in '13, but we can't always be right).

I loved the 2012 draft. Not only did I get Wagner, Wilson and Turbin correct in my pre-draft mock (and anyone who knows the Seahawks drafts, knows how hard that achievement is!), but I was jumping up and down like we'd just won the SB with those picks. And, in "hindsight", I guess I was right with that, too. :yahoo:

Ok, enough kidding aside, that was the second year that I really dove into the college prospects, and Wilson always seemed to be way underrated for what he brought to the table. I honestly thought my mock of us getting him was more a pipe dream than reality, cause someone had to see the same potential that I saw. A lot of fans on cbs weren't sold on Flynn as the long term answer, and so many weren't surprised that Wilson beat him out, especially since initial reports out of camp were that Wilson was just wowing everyone.

That is right blstoker did call it.

By the way Wilson-Luck,,,:yahoo:

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Never was on the CBS board but it looks like you had a great draft prediction that year. Most of my predictions for the 9ers fall flat and leave me....:scratch:

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want to get too deep into this because it's been discussed way too much but anybody that brings up Seattle's rushing game as a bonus for Wilson doesn't know what the hell they're talking about. Yes, Seattle has the #1 rushing yards in the league. But if you take out Wilson's yards (the bulk of which weren't from designed plays) then they aren't even top 10. He's the #2 rusher on the team and the #16 rusher in the league, with the #1 YPA.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I took a lot of abuse from a certain Denver "fan" when I said that Russell Wilson was going to be a Super star. I watched him at the games in NC State. He was amazing. His success was/is no surprise to me.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't celebrate when Wilson was drafted. I felt indifferent but intrigued. But I remember watching the Hawks war room when they made the pick, and they were celebrating like they just won a playoff game.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't celebrate when Wilson was drafted. I felt indifferent but intrigued. But I remember watching the Hawks war room when they made the pick, and they were celebrating like they just won a playoff game.

And now they are celebrating like they won a Superbowl or something!!!!!

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excellent posts all around fellas. Amazing how posters can have actual football discussions when a certain few aren't around to troll

I think the topic of redrafting 2012 is interesting

Luck would probably still go 1 and Russell would probably go 2. But who goes 3 and 4...Kuechly and Wagner or does RG3 still get one of those spots.

Here's one to ponder...

Tannehill, Foles, or RG3 in the 2012 draft...who goes higher if there's a redraft

Knowing what we know now you saved me from having to type my draft order.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of the 2012 NFL draft, the 3rd pick Trent Richardson probably played his last NFL game 2 weeks ago.

Cleveland really screwed up in the first round of that draft. They picked Richardson & Weeden.

There are a lot of bust in this draft. Stephen Hill was drafted ahead of Alshon lmao. I had no idea Devon Still was drafted so high (53rd overall pick)

As much as I dislike Seattle fans, man they had a heck of a draft that year. Their first 3 picks that year were Irving, Wagner, & Wilson.

The Colts also had a heck of a draft that year. They drafted Luck, Fleener, Allen, & TY with their first 4 picks.

It is amazing how the draft can turn a team around if you actually make good selections

2012 NFL draft - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of the 2012 NFL draft, the 3rd pick Trent Richardson probably played his last NFL game 2 weeks ago.

Cleveland really screwed up in the first round of that draft. They picked Richardson & Weeden.

There are a lot of bust in this draft. Stephen Hill was drafted ahead of Alshon lmao. I had no idea Devon Still was drafted so high (53rd overall pick)

As much as I dislike Seattle fans, man they had a heck of a draft that year. Their first 3 picks that year were Irving, Wagner, & Wilson.

The Colts also had a heck of a draft that year. They drafted Luck, Fleener, Allen, & TY with their first 4 picks.

It is amazing how the draft can turn a team around if you actually make good selections

I doubt Trent Richardson is done. His 2015 salary is 100% guaranteed.

Trent Richardson Contract, Salary Cap Details & Breakdowns | Spotrac

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thank you for actually contributing to the football discussion

Let's stop this whole Bk vs All Seahawk fan nonsense. You're usually a good poster and I have no issue with you unless you aim hatred our way (whether intentional or unintentional).

It's already annoying enough having to deal with actual trolls.

Let's call truce and ceasefire from both sides :suds:

GO HAWKS!

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you for actually contributing to the football discussion

Let's stop this whole Bk vs All Seahawk fan nonsense. You're usually a good poster and I have no issue with you unless you aim hatred our way (whether intentional or unintentional).

It's already annoying enough having to deal with actual trolls.

Let's call truce and ceasefire from both sides :suds:

GO HAWKS!

Good Luck, bskballer promised once already to quit, but he jumped right back on board.

In terms of the 4 remaining QB's.
They are all quality QB's, Brady and Rodgers are quite 'established' and the other youngsters are finding their way. One got there already, the other is trying to live up to expectations.

I expect both favored home teams to win tomorrow.:suds:

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In terms of the 4 remaining QB's.
They are all quality QB's, Brady and Rodgers are quite 'established' and the other youngsters are finding their way. One got there already, the other is trying to live up to expectations.

Well said^^^
I expect both favored home teams to win tomorrow.:suds:[/QUOTE]
I agree as well but hoping GB pulls the upset

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,405.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt Trent Richardson is done. His 2015 salary is 100% guaranteed.

Trent Richardson Contract, Salary Cap Details & Breakdowns | Spotrac

Most disagree:suds:

Trent Richardson did not travel with the team to New England due to "personal reasons."
Richardson will miss Sunday's AFC Championship Game after being a healthy scratch last week. He's fallen behind Dan Herron and Zurlon Tipton on the depth chart, and likely wouldn't have been active for special teams. Despite a fully guaranteed $3.2 million salary, Richardson is a candidate for offseason release. Jan 17 - 3:03 PM