• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 4 remaining playoff quarterbacks

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know, for some reason that I can't explain, this is true. Luck has accomplished the sum total of 0 in his career but he's still getting sucked off. He can toss the season ending pick tomorrow evening that he tossed last year and he's still going to be the next "elite" QB. The league needs one even if there isn't one.

Wilson could then go on to beat the Pats in the SB and there will still be posters saying that they'd take Luck over Wilson. I can't explain it.

There are other's coated in teflon for some reason too. Flacco totally blew the game against the Pats and it's not even mentioned because his playoff savvy mystique is so precious. Manning sucks ass and it's excuse after excuse because we somehow cannot possibly accept that Brady's better. Cue you know who with a reference to last year's AFCCG.

Then there's the slew of QBs that everyone's ready to jump all over with the slightest fissure to slip the insults through:

Romo
Dalton
Brady
Sanchez
Rivers
Cutler
Kaep
...etc

These guys are responsible for everything. Like I've said before, we need a caveman getting sucked off smilie so I won't have to type so much.

My only bang on Wilson is my wondering why he elects to be stricken with tourette syndrome ....go hawks! God that's annoying but he's def the real deal. The kid can play clutch. Let's see what the Caveman does tomorrow night.

Exceptional post. :agree:

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,306.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neat,

so IF Seattle wins the SB this year, they would become the 12th team to repeat.

also, they would have beaten two opposing QB's wearing the #12, in the NFC Championship and the Super Bowl.

12, Go Hawks:suds:
Uncanny numbers. I adore the fact that in last year's SB, Seattle collected a safety in running off 12 seconds on the game clock..
Just take a shot at how many seconds it took Percy to score the second half opening kickoff?

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,306.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady has already done that with NE.....

At this point (today), I'll go:

Wilson
Brady
Luck
Rodgers
Thank you for the respect for our QB, but honestly I don't get the Luck in high country regard.
The others on that list have proven themselves.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know, for some reason that I can't explain, this is true. Luck has accomplished the sum total of 0 in his career but he's still getting sucked off. He can toss the season ending pick tomorrow evening that he tossed last year and he's still going to be the next "elite" QB. The league needs one even if there isn't one.

A little unfair to Luck. He has had 3 straight 11-5 seasons. Granted he has done that in the weakest division in football but it is still an impressive achievement. But I think a lot of people have been conditioned to believe that Luck is elite before the guy ever played a down in the NFL. The media gush over him and have since he was a sophmore at Stanford. And there is ample reason to gush over him.

Russell Wilson was the guy that everyone said was too short. He gets drafted in the 3rd round and the draftniks all slam the Seahawks for making a foolish pick.

Wilson could then go on to beat the Pats in the SB and there will still be posters saying that they'd take Luck over Wilson. I can't explain it.

Winning is less important to some than compiling stats.

There are other's coated in teflon for some reason too. Flacco totally blew the game against the Pats and it's not even mentioned because his playoff savvy mystique is so precious. Manning sucks ass and it's excuse after excuse because we somehow cannot possibly accept that Brady's better. Cue you know who with a reference to last year's AFCCG.

I completely agree about Flacco. He had an amazing run two years ago but that doesn't invalidate his previous performances which were decent but hardly earth shattering. Manning has been a Hall of Game QB. No way around that. So is Brady. But you can't ignore that one guy went to 2 Super Bowls and the other is on the cusp of going to his 6th.

My only bang on Wilson is my wondering why he elects to be stricken with tourette syndrome ....go hawks! God that's annoying but he's def the real deal. The kid can play clutch. Let's see what the Caveman does tomorrow night.

It is hard to argue with the fact. In 7 postseason games Wilson hasn't thrown a real interception.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Then there's the slew of QBs that everyone's ready to jump all over with the slightest fissure to slip the insults through:

Romo
Dalton
Brady
Sanchez
Rivers
Cutler
Kaep
...etc

These guys are responsible for everything. Like I've said before, we need a caveman getting sucked off smilie so I won't have to type so much.

I haven't been here long, but this far and wide one of the best things I've read here.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russell Wilson isn't mediocre but man did he luck into a great situation. Most people would take Luck for their quarterback over Wilson. I don't think many would argue this fact.

This is a very popular opinion. I think if we could go back in time and re-do the 2012 draft with this last 3 years of data in hand, Luck would still be the #1 overall pick. But instead of #75 overall, I think Wilson is right behind Luck at #2.

But what does Wilson have on offense other than 1 player (Lynch) that makes his situation so great? His line isn't very good, especially at pass blocking, and his WRs are not special at all (the starters were undrafted FAs).

cwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a very popular opinion. I think if we could go back in time and re-do the 2012 draft with this last 3 years of data in hand, Luck would still be the #1 overall pick. But instead of #75 overall, I think Wilson is right behind Luck at #2.

But what does Wilson have on offense other than 1 player (Lynch) that makes his situation so great? His line isn't very good, especially at pass blocking, and his WRs are not special at all (the starters were undrafted FAs).

Totally agree. I just don't like people dismissing Luck because of turnovers when he's still a really young guy who has shouldered a huge burden with that team. At this point in his career, Rodgers had played about 1/2 of a game.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Pats fan I would gladly take luck or Wilson on the team, once Brady retries in a few but I know thats not happening. Luck has been the best college QB prospect since Elway, and in fact he beat Elways Stanford record with 82 tds. Funny thing is Wilson had 109 TD's in his 4 year career. That's 7 more a year in a shorter (10-12 game) college season. So if anyone thinks Wilson cant threw 40 td's a year is just pissing into the wind. He has the defense,running game, scrambling skills and smarts to win games.Luck doesn't have the running games or as good D so he does have to throw it up more, but Wilson can succeed on any team. Jelly just be happy you have Luck, who has done more for Indy than Peyton has done in first 3 years and see the team grabbing more than 1 championship thanks to Luck and not your D like in 06. You'll forget about Peyton like GB forgot about Favre with Rodgers

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally agree. I just don't like people dismissing Luck because of turnovers when he's still a really young guy who has shouldered a huge burden with that team. At this point in his career, Rodgers had played about 1/2 of a game.

I don't think anyone is dismissing Luck. And I think we would all agree that he is responsible for more of the Colts offense than most QBs.

But you also can't just ignore the turnovers either. The fumbles, in particular, are troubling. That is something he has to fix.

But that doesn't change the fact that he is a really good young QB who has all the trappings of being an elite QB for the next 15 years.

What I don't understand is why so many Luck fanboys need to create hypotheticals to hype him. Maybe the Seahawks would be better with Luck and the Colts would be worse with Wilson. Maybe it would be the other way around. The two QBs play a dramatically different style and are explicitly told to focus on different things. Luck is asked to make big plays with the implicit understanding that he needs to take risks at times. Wilson is asked to not turn the ball over and exploit weaknesses in the other team's defense that have a low probability to be hurt the team.

If the two had flipped teams, their play would likely be very different as well. No way Andrew Luck would throw it 600 times a season for the Seahawks.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Pats fan I would gladly take luck or Wilson on the team, once Brady retries in a few but I know thats not happening. Luck has been the best college QB prospect since Elway, and in fact he beat Elways Stanford record with 82 tds. Funny thing is Wilson had 109 TD's in his 4 year career. That's 7 more a year in a shorter (10-12 game) college season. So if anyone thinks Wilson cant threw 40 td's a year is just pissing into the wind. He has the defense,running game, scrambling skills and smarts to win games.Luck doesn't have the running games or as good D so he does have to throw it up more, but Wilson can succeed on any team. Jelly just be happy you have Luck, who has done more for Indy than Peyton has done in first 3 years and see the team grabbing more than 1 championship thanks to Luck and not your D like in 06. You'll forget about Peyton like GB forgot about Favre with Rodgers

Very good post.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hindsight really as to where Wilson would be picked. I recall (on another board at the time) that Seahawk fans were pumped up that they landed Matt Flynn from the Packers. I don't recall any 'Hawk fans jumping for joy with the RW pick at the time....until they saw him during the practices.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hindsight really as to where Wilson would be picked. I recall (on another board at the time) that Seahawk fans were pumped up that they landed Matt Flynn from the Packers. I don't recall any 'Hawk fans jumping for joy with the RW pick at the time....until they saw him during the practices.

I wouldn't say I was jumping for joy when we drafted Wilson but I was pretty happy about it. I thought he looked great at Wisconsin.

But it was definitely rookie camp that started turning heads.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wasn't really my point to insinuate Seattle fans knew something no one else knew. Just pointing out how far above his draft position where Wilson has performed, and to acknowledge that Luck has lived up enough that you would take him #1 again if you could.

As far as Flynn goes, he was the best free agent QB that year aside from Manning. Flynn had shown just enough to make people -- smart people -- think he could be the real deal. He regressed to the mean with more play, and it ended up being a mistake for Seattle. But it was worth the shot since we were coming off a 7-9 season and clearly didn't have a long term answer at QB. We did end up finding one that off-season; it just wasn't the guy we paid a bunch of money to.

geezer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is correct for some of us fans who don't follow the draft and all the stuff that goes with it. We were excited about Flynn because in one game for Green Bay he looked like a pretty good QB. When Wilson was drafted my reaction was Russell Who? I was imagining Flute in our backfield.

In preseason this Wilson guy made accurate deep throws down field. Wow! We don't see much of that around here. He was sort of electric! Wilson did go to a great situation. But he is just as important to this team as anyone else.

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would agree with this^^^^

I remember getting excited to watch the next PRE-season game to see what RW would do next.
He definitely got the fans excited from day one, but it still shocked me when PC named him the starter.
I wanted him to name RW the starter, just surprised he actually did.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is correct for some of us fans who don't follow the draft and all the stuff that goes with it. We were excited about Flynn because in one game for Green Bay he looked like a pretty good QB. When Wilson was drafted my reaction was Russell Who? I was imagining Flute in our backfield.

In preseason this Wilson guy made accurate deep throws down field. Wow! We don't see much of that around here. He was sort of electric! Wilson did go to a great situation. But he is just as important to this team as anyone else.

As we have seen in past most first round QB;s have been a bust while later rounds have panned out great. Montana late 3rd round, Brady 6th round with 6 QB's going before him and none lasted or were any good and Wilson in the 3rd round, has all the intangibles and skill sets

geezer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As we have seen in past most first round QB;s have been a bust while later rounds have panned out great. Montana late 3rd round, Brady 6th round with 6 QB's going before him and none lasted or were any good and Wilson in the 3rd round, has all the intangibles and skill sets

And every draft, the teams that are desperate draft questionable talent in the first round. Even mortgage the future for a "can't miss".
Seattle has RW. We are very glad to have him. Now if we can just draft some lineman to protect him we might win a game or two.