• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 31st, 34th & 61st pick historically

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Someone usually does this before the draft.

31:

Doug Martin
Cameron Hayward

Jerry Hughes (liked him a lot) :redface:
Beanie Wells (hated him)
Kenny Phillips
Greg Olsen
Kelly Jennings
Mike Patterson
Rashaun Woods <----- :mad2: Still mad about Wilfork.
Nnamdi Asomugha
Robert Thomas (abhorred him)
Todd Heap
Trung Canidate
Al Wilson
Leon Bender
Rick Terry <--- Wasn't following the draft yet

34:

Coby Fleener (thought Dwaaaaaaayne Allen was better)
Aaron Williams
Chris Cook
Patrick Chung
Devin Thomas
Paul Posluszny
D'Qwell Jackson
Brodney Pool
Chris Snee
Boss Bailey
DeShaun Foster
<--- Thought he was an injury waiting to happen
Kyle Vanden Bosch <--- Baker9er loved that guy back in the day if memory serves.
Mark Roman
Chris Terry
Jacquez Green
Jamie Sharper

61:

LaMichael James
Jonas Mouton
Vladimir Ducasse
Sean Smith
Martellus Bennett
Gerald Alexander
Tony Scheffler
Vincent Jackson
Kris Wilson
L.J. Smith
Ryan Denney
Shaun Rogers
Bobby Williams
Lennie Friedman
Eric Brown
Sedrick Shaw

Last edited by a moderator:

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol i forgot about trung candidate. I think that was the start of their decline. Their front office thought they where smarter than everyone else for a while and had a string of really stupid picks.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol i forgot about trung candidate. I think that was the start of their decline. Their front office thought they where smarter than everyone else for a while and had a string of really stupid picks.

I feel like they thought if you were fast then you were good. The old Al Davis approach to managing a team.

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not that I'm a fan of his, and this is basically semantics, but I wanted to show the YPA of a bunch of amazing RBs & compare them to Canidate. If he didn't seriously injure his foot(?) & wasn't stuck behind both a HOFer (Faulk), and a huge trade addition (Portis), he probably would have been pretty decent. Not to mention that the rumors of his fumblitis have been hugely exaggerated. (Plus, I'm pretty bored right now.)

Career Yards Per Rush Average:

Bo Jackson: 5.4
Jim Brown: 5.2
Kendall Hunter: 5.2 (?!?!?!?!)
Adrian Peterson: 5.0
Barry Sanders: 5.0
Trung Canidate: 4.6
Terrell Davis: 4.6
Frank Gore: 4.6
Walter Payton: 4.4
Clinton Portis: 4.4
Shaun Alexander: 4.3
Earl Campbell: 4.3
Marshall Faulk: 4.3
LaDainian Tomlinson: 4.3
Steven Jackson: 4.2
Jamal Lewis: 4.2
Emmitt Smith: 4.2
Marcus Allen: 4.1
Marshawn Lynch: 4.1
Ricky Watters: 4.1
Ricky Williams: 4.1
Roger Craig: 4.1
Edgerrin James: 4.0

I think Canidate got a bit of a raw deal.

All that being said.... Kendall Hunter's YPA is 5.2?!?! :dance:

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kendall Hunters career yards per rush average is 4.6.

Ahhh. I went to NFL.com & used his 2012 YPA on accident. D'OH :smash:

Thank you for correcting me, though. Since I used NFL.com for 3-4 of the players, a few active RBs may show 2012 numbers, not career.

Last edited by a moderator:

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Another thing you have to consider though is carries per game. I would imagine Hunter is up there fairly high in part because he doesn't get 18-22 carries per game. Canidate playing behind Faulk and Portis likely inflated his ypc. He probably had a few draw carries on 3rd and 18 that went for 12 yards but had very few 1 yard carries on 3rd and inches for example.

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another thing you have to consider though is carries per game. I would imagine Hunter is up there fairly high in part because he doesn't get 18-22 carries per game. Canidate playing behind Faulk and Portis likely inflated his ypc. He probably had a few draw carries on 3rd and 18 that went for 12 yards but had very few 1 yard carries on 3rd and inches for example.

Very true. As a backup for Faulk in 01 & 02 Canidate had 95 carries for 489 yards & 6 rushing TDs for a 5.1 YPC, but when starting 10 games for the Redskins in '03 he had only 142 carries for 600 yards & a 4.2 YPC, with only 1 rushing TD. Granted, the Redskins went 5-11, so probably abandoned the run game a lot.

Kendall Hunter in 2 seasons as a Niner has 184 carries for 844 yards, with the aforementioned 4.6 YPC & 4 TDs.

If Hunter did not get hurt this year, he most likely would have surpassed all of Canidates career rushing numbers by the end of the season... taking half the time. I know I've gone way off topic with all of this, and none of it matters, but seeing this has made me like Hunter a lot more, even if his stats are inflated from playing behind Gore.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I like what was at 61 more than 34. Thankfully this draft has a lot of guys I really like loading up the 2nd round. 34 should be a great pick.

4lifer9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
it would be awesome to get a DL at 31, and a DB at 34..

not Margus Hunt or DJ Swearinger(who personally I look at as a 4th/5th limited SS prospect only)..