• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The '23 NFL Combine

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The combine begins tomorrow and runs thru March 6th. Two quick updates to get this thread rolling. Jalen Carter will not be attending and instead will do his thang on his scheduled pro day, March 15th. And Bryce Young has elected not to participate in the throwing drills, and will instead do this on his pro day, March 23rd. It's assumed he'll perform in the other drills in the combine.

Carter has arguably been the most sought after draft pick by Bears fans, so it might be a little disappointing for those who were anxious to see him at the combine. Not sure how Young's decision to avoid throwing will have any real effect, other than it perhaps gives the top QB prospects a potential leg up with the early looks.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point if we don't trade down and just take Carter at 1, it would be a HUGE disappointment.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now, to be honest, I'm more hung up on the impending trade of the #1 pick. I would like to know where we pick before I get overly invested into certain prospects. Hard for me to get excited before that happens.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now, to be honest, I'm more hung up on the impending trade of the #1 pick. I would like to know where we pick before I get overly invested into certain prospects. Hard for me to get excited before that happens.
I'm with ya and in fact said so on a number of occasions that until we get thru free agency, talking the draft, that is specific players, is kinda pointless. Now trade talking for the draft pick is a whole nuther subject and worth discussing in advance. Because here we're just discussing numbers. But I still thought it was worth starting a thread regarding the combine. Just gives us more stuff to talk about.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The goal should be to get either Carter or Anderson after trading down (unless we get an absolutely haul). If we trade say out of the top 15 which pretty much means we won't get the best player at a premium position, then that would be a huge disappointment. So yes, the player we could get should also be at the forefront.

BigFin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People get so into trading down, bypassing an elite prospect that could impact your team more than the additional players they’d gain on the tradedown.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People get so into trading down, bypassing an elite prospect that could impact your team more than the additional players they’d gain on the tradedown.
Bears could trade down basically anywhere in the top ten and still potentially land one of the top two players on their big board. Trading down to Indy at #4 and you're all but guaranteed to do so while ALSO gaining a package of other picks/players.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m hearing that the QBs are tearing it up (specifically Stroud) and JSN look like ODB. That’s pretty fantastic for us. I also read a rumor that we have a deal ready to trade the pick back to Carolina, which suggests a massive haul. It’s also probably a story put out to get Houston and Indy to up their offers. Creating the illusion of another contender for QB would be very helpful in getting bigger offers for the first pick.

If the deal with Car is real that puts us in prime position to draft Fields Boy JSN, or one of the best olinemen in the draft.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m hearing that the QBs are tearing it up (specifically Stroud) and JSN look like ODB. That’s pretty fantastic for us. I also read a rumor that we have a deal ready to trade the pick back to Carolina, which suggests a massive haul. It’s also probably a story put out to get Houston and Indy to up their offers. Creating the illusion of another contender for QB would be very helpful in getting bigger offers for the first pick.

If the deal with Car is real that puts us in prime position to draft Fields Boy JSN, or one of the best olinemen in the draft.

I read the samething.......

I like tthe Panthers trade,but would hope its the second trade down......

And if JF likes JSN......Im in for that.......He is automatically better than any wr we have,and better than any wr on the market...........
Had better numbers than Olave and offensive ROY in Garret Wilson........I like,Ilike alot.....

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta say over the past few weeks Tyree Wilson had slowly but surely taken over as my #1 wish list draft pick, moving past my previous 1a & 1b, Jalen Carter and Will Anderson. The scouting reports on him were glowing, his game film highlights showed some big time playmaking, and his overall size and length just seemed to be a better fit for what Poles and Eberflus are seeking in a DE/Edge. Unfortunately, he couldn't perform in the combine because he's still recovering from a fractured foot injury. While this in and of itself doesn't necessarily hurt his stock, the fact that Anderson was there and participated definitely helped his own cause. Carter is no longer in the equation for obvious reasons, at least as far as considering him to be a top 5 pick goes.

But back to Anderson. His final season with Bama he was listed at 243 lbs, but I read a number of takes where it was said he was playing under 240 in the bowl game. Naturally, my concern with him was primarily his weight. Playing as a DE/Edge against the behemoths of the NFL at such a weight made me wonder if he'd be too light for the job. But I was pleasantly surprised to see him show up for the combine at a chiseled 253 lbs. And I say chiseled because every single pound he gained was pure muscle. The man is built!! And he tested quite well to boot. So I guess he's at least right up there with Wilson, maybe even getting the edge (pardon the pun), altho in fairness I'll want to see how Wilson performs in his pro day. Of course all this is for naught if the Bears trade far enough back where both players will be gone by the time we pick.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta say over the past few weeks Tyree Wilson had slowly but surely taken over as my #1 wish list draft pick, moving past my previous 1a & 1b, Jalen Carter and Will Anderson. The scouting reports on him were glowing, his game film highlights showed some big time playmaking, and his overall size and length just seemed to be a better fit for what Poles and Eberflus are seeking in a DE/Edge. Unfortunately, he couldn't perform in the combine because he's still recovering from a fractured foot injury. While this in and of itself doesn't necessarily hurt his stock, the fact that Anderson was there and participated definitely helped his own cause. Carter is no longer in the equation for obvious reasons, at least as far as considering him to be a top 5 pick goes.

But back to Anderson. His final season with Bama he was listed at 243 lbs, but I read a number of takes where it was said he was playing under 240 in the bowl game. Naturally, my concern with him was primarily his weight. Playing as a DE/Edge against the behemoths of the NFL at such a weight made me wonder if he'd be too light for the job. But I was pleasantly surprised to see him show up for the combine at a chiseled 253 lbs. And I say chiseled because every single pound he gained was pure muscle. The man is built!! And he tested quite well to boot. So I guess he's at least right up there with Wilson, maybe even getting the edge (pardon the pun), altho in fairness I'll want to see how Wilson performs in his pro day. Of course all this is for naught if the Bears trade far enough back where both players will be gone by the time we pick.

Nice take......

Im gonna be devasted if we take Carter.......
Leave the scene of a horrific accident to let possibly your friends to die,is just unexcusable......( I was put in that position years ago,but thats for another story)

But if we do actually take a defender first and foremost,Im guessing Id take Anderson......If he could perform to a level of Micah Parsons,Id be ecstatic......

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice take......

Im gonna be devasted if we take Carter.......
Leave the scene of a horrific accident to let possibly your friends to die,is just unexcusable......( I was put in that position years ago,but thats for another story)

But if we do actually take a defender first and foremost,Im guessing Id take Anderson......If he could perform to a level of Micah Parsons,Id be ecstatic......
We've discussed in here depending on how far back Poles trades, the offensive side of the equation could very well come into play. Hopefully the OL would then be given a very high priority. But I continue to believe if we remain in the top 5, even the top 7, our first pick will be on the D side of the ball. We can no longer underestimate the possibility that 4 QBs will be taken within the top 10, maybe even sooner than that, what with Anthony Richardson's monstrous showing at the combine. That means there will still be some pretty damn good defensive talent on the board early on.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Latest Sports illustrated draft has the Bears trading back 2 times. Once to Houston for their 1 plus their 2 and 4. Then trade to Seattle for both of their #1's (8 & 20) and a 3rd. Then Atlanta for their #1, 2nd both this and next plus their #1 and 2 next year.

Interesting if it plays out this way. I don't know if this falls under rumor or just wishful thinking from a sports illustrated draft analyst.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Latest Sports illustrated draft has the Bears trading back 2 times. Once to Houston for their 1 plus their 2 and 4. Then trade to Seattle for both of their #1's (8 & 20) and a 3rd. Then Atlanta for their #1, 2nd both this and next plus their #1 and 2 next year.

Interesting if it plays out this way. I don't know if this falls under rumor or just wishful thinking from a sports illustrated draft analyst.
I'm not a math wiz, but I'm counting three trade backs, not two in that scenario. And the booty obtained from those three trades seem way too good to be true. I'd absolutely love for all that to happen, but it just doesn't seem real.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a math wiz, but I'm counting three trade backs, not two in that scenario. And the booty obtained from those three trades seem way too good to be true. I'd absolutely love for all that to happen, but it just doesn't seem real.
Yea, I was re reading the article, memory said 2, article had 3, I forgot to go back and change. The actual mock after was pretty amazing as well.