• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2020 NFL Trade/Free Agency Thread

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dang thought jimmy g was a tough name:suds:

Browns hired Kwesi Adofo-Mensah, formerly of the 49ers, as Vice President of Football Operations.
A Princeton alumnus who received his masters degree from Stanford, it's unsurprising Adofo-Mensah landed under GM Andrew Berry and the rest of Cleveland's Ivy League-laden front office. Adofo-Mensah previously worked as the Director of Football Research in San Francisco but will essentially take on duties as the Browns' assistant GM. It remains unclear what title former Colts GM Ryan Grigson, hired prior to April's draft, will have in the interim.
Well say
Manu Tuiasosopo tens times fast. :D

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Miami Herald reports free agent CB Logan Ryan wanted more than $10 million per season from the Dolphins.
It's unclear if the Dolphins maintain interest, but it is looking pretty certain that no one is interested in the 29-year-old at that price point. Ryan seems to be getting closer to a deal with the Jets but insisted on Thursday that he was "open for business." Ryan made big plays from the slot for the Titans last season but struggled on the whole. Brian Poole mans the middle of the field for Gang Green.

Sounds like Logan Ryan might be pricing himself out of range for any good teams.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Miami Herald reports free agent CB Logan Ryan wanted more than $10 million per season from the Dolphins.
It's unclear if the Dolphins maintain interest, but it is looking pretty certain that no one is interested in the 29-year-old at that price point. Ryan seems to be getting closer to a deal with the Jets but insisted on Thursday that he was "open for business." Ryan made big plays from the slot for the Titans last season but struggled on the whole. Brian Poole mans the middle of the field for Gang Green.

Sounds like Logan Ryan might be pricing himself out of range for any good teams.

I think teams are worried handing out big bucks with the possibility of the cap going down next year.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Currently, the top issue for the whole world in general and for each country and individuals in particular, the prevention of rotating epidemics must be on the top priority. Because of the plague you have seen hundreds of thousands of people have died of covid19. Be a responsible person to yourself and the whole society. Maybe you feel boring life when isolated from society but I will give some suggestions to help you relax during isolation. And here are some suggestions

Friv 1000
juegos friv 2020
abcya 24
??????????

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
??????????
Spammer? :noidea:

Wheres a Mod when you need one?
Will you tell them to stop drinking the Hooch in the Lunch room.

We got a real crisis here!

The guy has boston & California teams in his list of teams!!!!

This shit has to get stopped!!!!!

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Latest On Free Agent DE Jadeveon Clowney | NFLTradeRumors.co

So Clowney was looking for $20M but teams reportedly moved to $17-18. Turns out that "lucrative deal the Browns offered" was worth $12M a year lol. Better than any other offer. So Clowney if he doesn't accept that is probably looking at $8-10M, half or less than half of what he was asking. Wow

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn. I was thinking Cleveland was around 15-17, didn't realize it was that low.

Yeah me too. I thought it was $15M. $12M offer and he is looking over his options now...the market doesn't look good. If decides to go back to Seattle they could get him for $8-10M...crazy.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah me too. I thought it was $15M. $12M offer and he is looking over his options now...the market doesn't look good. If decides to go back to Seattle they could get him for $8-10M...crazy.

It's that injury history of his that's scared off everyone giving him big money. I thought Cleveland was in the drivers seat with 15-17mil than Seattle right behind them 12-15mil. I would love Seattle to have him back on those numbers for a 1yr prove it deal. I'm thinking he'll hold out until he can get in facilities to do physicals for teams he wants on his radar.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be happier with Cleveland going after Everson Griffen for about $8-9m instead.

Reactions: GNG

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be happier with Cleveland going after Everson Griffen for about $8-9m instead.
If they are gonna pay this much for a player I'd rather it be a more pressing position of need. Maybe a LB or DB? But wouldn't be upset, of course, if they brought in Griffen.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they are gonna pay this much for a player I'd rather it be a more pressing position of need. Maybe a LB or DB? But wouldn't be upset, of course, if they brought in Griffen.
I'd call DE a way bigger need than DB right now. We seem pretty set at all positions. LB, sure, but we also still have a ton of money, and DE is far from locked down with Vernon's health issues and the lack of depth behind him.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd call DE a way bigger need than DB right now. We seem pretty set at all positions. LB, sure, but we also still have a ton of money, and DE is far from locked down with Vernon's health issues and the lack of depth behind him.
I think signing Claypool helped with the depth at DE. Really all we have at safety is a rookie and a bunch of guys on 1 year deals.

and if they signed Clowney and dumped Vernon they are not really better off in the depth Dept. Sure, easy to say they have cap room for both but the reason they have cap room is the cap carryover and proper planning. Do we want to lose a ton of cap room for next season on a $15 mil backup?

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think signing Claypool helped with the depth at DE. Really all we have at safety is a rookie and a bunch of guys on 1 year deals.

and if they signed Clowney and dumped Vernon they are not really better off in the depth Dept. Sure, easy to say they have cap room for both but the reason they have cap room is the cap carryover and proper planning. Do we want to lose a ton of cap room for next season on a $15 mil backup?
That's why I said I would rather have Griffen for way less. I can handle having him with Vernon at the same time if we're only giving him around $8m per on like a 2-year deal with a 3rd year option. I think that would be ideal.

We also have Redwine at safety, and while he wasn't a star last year, he came on towards the end of the year as he earned playing time and should get plenty of action this year.

I firmly agree with the idea of grabbing another LB. I'd love the idea of Nigel Bradham being added to the fold, or maybe even Darron Lee. I think Mack Wilson is going to be an every-down guy, and I have some faith in Jacob Philips at least as a run defender. Not sure what to think of Takitaki, so adding some veteran help should be a priority as we move along this summer.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's that injury history of his that's scared off everyone giving him big money. I thought Cleveland was in the drivers seat with 15-17mil than Seattle right behind them 12-15mil. I would love Seattle to have him back on those numbers for a 1yr prove it deal. I'm thinking he'll hold out until he can get in facilities to do physicals for teams he wants on his radar.
Wasn't Seattle's original offer in the 15 mil range? I though I saw an article recently that said that.