• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2020 NFL Trade/Free Agency Thread

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
could happen but I wouldn't read much into a baseless report. I mean probably what happened is Browns made an offer, Joe wanted to see if he could get more in FA, Browns were not going to negotiate against themselves, Browns will wait and see what the market is for him.

The problem is...he is going to hit the open market, that we know from the report. That is driving his price up which ultimately even if he ends up with the Browns (not likely), they will be paying a lot more for them. That is a L already bc the goal was to re-sign him without him hitting the FA market.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem is...he is going to hit the open market, that we know from the report. That is driving his price up which ultimately even if he ends up with the Browns (not likely), they will be paying a lot more for them. That is a L already bc the goal was to re-sign him without him hitting the FA market.
Agree, but only one who could have prevented that was Dorsey, and he failed to extend him in 2018 or 2019. Too late to change that. Assuming these guys do what they did last time they wont let guys like Schobert get to FA.

Also keep in mind no matter what you believe about when Schwartz left (I just think he wanted to go) these guys happened to be correct about his market value. When he tested the market, he ended up getting pretty much what they offered. Possible same could happen with Schobert

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol correct.

yep, exactly. Perhaps they low balled him and said they arent going higher.?
and, really, why would they go higher at this point to negotiate against themselves? My guess is they made what they really think is a fair offer. Maybe they'll go higher if he gets a better offer and allows them to match, but who knows at this point?

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big contract, hasn't performed up to it yet.

That is true. And he was pretty lousy last year. But at the same time with Denver likely losing Chris Harris getting a guy 2 years younger and having about $70 million in cap space I think it’s worth the risk. Bouye was an All-Pro 2 years ago so unless he completely shits the bed this year it’ll be a good signing.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big contract, hasn't performed up to it yet.

Wait what? He was an All-Pro CB the first year of his new deal he had with the Jaguars. So not sure I would agree with your statement there. Yes this past season I would agree he had himself a down year. I would also add the entire defense had a down year and had quite a few team distractions going on.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait what? He was an All-Pro CB the first year of his new deal he had with the Jaguars. So not sure I would agree with your statement there. Yes this past season I would agree he had himself a down year. I would also add the entire defense had a down year and had quite a few team distractions going on.
Yeah , if I'm paying that I want you to be a shutdown corner......not good one year, not the next.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah , if I'm paying that I want you to be a shutdown corner......not good one year, not the next.

He was good from 2016-2018. So one down year of the past 4. He also has the lowest TD% of any CB in the NFL since 2016. He might give up a few catches here and there but he is a sound player that doesn't let a catch turn into something bigger.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
true
He was good from 2016-2018. So one down year of the past 4. He also has the lowest TD% of any CB in the NFL since 2016. He might give up a few catches here and there but he is a sound player that doesn't let a catch turn into something bigger.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
REPORT: Browns To Consider Both Trent Williams, Jason Peters

It may not be one of these guys but the Browns look like they are on a mission to improve their OL drastically. It would be ideal to get one of these LT's and then get Conklin in FA.

Peters/Trent - Bitonio - Tretter - RG - Conklin
No way they can afford both Williams (who wants a new contract) and Conklin, who is likely to get a big deal as well. They will likely sign one and take an OT at 10, if I would guess.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way they can afford both Williams (who wants a new contract) and Conklin, who is likely to get a big deal as well. They will likely sign one and take an OT at 10, if I would guess.
Have heard a few people on radio here say if they wanted a guy for 2 years they would take Peters over Conklin and Williams....and could probably get him for $10 mil less.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On another topic, been hearing some say they should cut Kirksey because he is injury prone. Is he? First 4 years in league never had an injury. Last year was a major injury, but also a freak injury. Far as I can recall, one players regularly come back from without lingering issues.

Thinking he should stay whether Schobert returns or not.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Add Kirksey to the FA market....Browns released him.