• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2019 White Sox opening day roster

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The White Sox roster is set for Opening Day, and yes, Eloy Jimenez is on it

So it's confirmed here that John Jay has been put on IR, altho it appears it will be only a few weeks. And yes, because of the number of off days early on and what will likely be more games lost due to inclement weather, the Sox are only going with 12 pitchers. Look for that to change no later than mid-April. The immediate candidate to be replaced who comes to mind is Ryan Cordell - unless of course he just kills it while he's on the roster. Ervin Santana will likely replace him and also serve as the 5th starter.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're gonna so suck this year.

That SP is a joke.
I wish I could tell you that you're crazy. Unfortunately, I can't and in fact I agree. With a little luck maybe we can hit the 70 win mark, but based on what I see here, I'm think we just might be candidates for a consecutive 100 loss season. I sure hope I'm dead wrong.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish I could tell you that you're crazy. Unfortunately, I can't and in fact I agree. With a little luck maybe we can hit the 70 win mark, but based on what I see here, I'm think we just might be candidates for a consecutive 100 loss season. I sure hope I'm dead wrong.

We could have a "not so shitty" lineup if Yoan takes a big leap and Eloy comes out scorching hot as we all hope. However, yes... it's hard to envision that starting pitching as being even in the realm of league average.

Kopech's injury is still frustrating as all hell to me. I'm not over that.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We could have a "not so shitty" lineup if Yoan takes a big leap and Eloy comes out scorching hot as we all hope. However, yes... it's hard to envision that starting pitching as being even in the realm of league average.

Kopech's injury is still frustrating as all hell to me. I'm not over that.

I think that took the wind out of all our sails. I'm 100% with you on this.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a disaster of a 8th inning

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Five games into the season is by no means an indication how our fortunes will progress. But there are at least several plusses to date. Moncada looks a lot more aggressive and a lot more confident at the plate. The offense in general seems to be holding its own. Only Seattle has scored more runs per game. And our starting pitching so far has fared better than I expected.

Unfortunately, there are two important areas of concern. Our D looks like it will carry over from last year with numerous boneheaded plays. Again, we're only into game 5, but already we're dead last in fielding pct. And our pen, while not atrocious, is nonetheless looking pretty scary.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Five games into the season is by no means an indication how our fortunes will progress. But there are at least several plusses to date. Moncada looks a lot more aggressive and a lot more confident at the plate. The offense in general seems to be holding its own. Only Seattle has scored more runs per game. And our starting pitching so far has fared better than I expected.

Unfortunately, there are two important areas of concern. Our D looks like it will carry over from last year with numerous boneheaded plays. Again, we're only into game 5, but already we're dead last in fielding pct. And our pen, while not atrocious, is nonetheless looking pretty scary.

Remember, this is not a year where they are trying to win yet. 2020 they will make the playoffs, book it

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with ya brutha.
If they can win 80 or so while developing the young guys that's a successful season. Then you spend some money on FAs like a starter and a bullpen

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fun game today. The lineup has looked solid so far, with Anderson and Moncada appearing to make some strides. Just need to see Eloy get going. Perhaps he's trying to do too much at the plate.

I think Rey Lopez might wind-up getting sent down soon enough or bounced out of the rotation. He started strong last year, but has been brutal since. I wish Kopech was healthy... last time I say it. lol

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fun game today. The lineup has looked solid so far, with Anderson and Moncada appearing to make some strides. Just need to see Eloy get going. Perhaps he's trying to do too much at the plate.

I think Rey Lopez might wind-up getting sent down soon enough or bounced out of the rotation. He started strong last year, but has been brutal since. I wish Kopech was healthy... last time I say it. lol
Lopez is just all over the place. When he’s throwing strikes he can be really good but he walks WAY too many guys

ChiSoxFan

FC Bayern Forever #1
Hoopla Cash
$ 400.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lopez is just all over the place. When he’s throwing strikes he can be really good but he walks WAY too many guys
He is probably trying to do too much. We all know he has the stuff to compete considering his success last year. Considering there are zero expectations this year, they might as well let him just keep pitching every five days.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, I feel like he got criticized for not getting enough swings and misses upon coming up to the big leagues. Then, he started looking to do that too much instead of pitching to contact more. Which I think is more of his key to success. Sure, you want those 9-10 K/9 guys at the top of your rotation. However, there's plenty of successful 3's and 4's who are having respectable careers right now the old fashioned way.