• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 12 Wishes of Christmas

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) Marvin Lewis, Hue Jackson and Bill Lazor fired.

2) Hire John DeFilippo as new HC but keep our full scouting staff.

3) Trade Dalton to move up in the 1st round of the draft and acquire an extra 3rd round pick, also saves us some money so we can go after a couple free agents.

4) Release Burfict. (Saves Money)

5) Trade Kirkpatrick for a 2nd round pick. (Saves Money)

6) Give AJ Green, Mixon and Jackson extensions. (why we needed to save money)

7) Sign the best FA LB on the open market, while signing a GOOD, PROVEN run stuffing DT and quality CB. (Another Reason for Money)

8) Make Westerman our starting RG.

9) With our number one pick, go after Dwayne Haskins.

If we keep losing, we should easily be top 10 in picks, and there are several teams sucking who will not draft a QB #1...San Francisco, Buffalo, New York Jets, Cleveland, Arizona.

More than likely Green Bay, Atlanta and Detroit are not going to go QB, but you never know.

That leaves 3 possible teams in the hunt for Haskins: Oakland (if they feel Carr is not the guy in Oakland), Jacksonville and New York Giants. If we can luck out and trade Dalton to one of them to flip drafting position (or we keep losing and they start winning a couple extra games).

10) We have to hope Glenn comes back healthy, but we need to work on that oline. If Glenn can't stay healthy, we move Boling to LT, as he is actually pretty dang good there.

11) 2nd round pick -Andre Dillard, OT, Washington State

12) 3rd round pick - Cameron Smith, LB, USC

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have some questions for you:

1) Why DeFillipo. What has he done as an OC that makes you want him?

2) Who in the F would trade a 2nd for Kirkpatrick? The Bengals are about the only team in the league that will be willing to pay him his base salary on his contract for next season.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dalton is not worth a first round pick when you can just draft a talented QB in the first round that will likely surpass Dalton (as many already have)

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess my thread title didn't emphatically say Wishes. So I can understand how that may be overlooked.

I like John DeFilippo. I was seeing if I could find anyone else online supporting him as a potential HC hire and the following is what I found...

John DeFilippo: If Minnesota's offense keeps rolling, this might end up being the hottest name in this hiring cycle, period. DeFilippo, 40, is sharp, driven, detailed and a lifetime QB guy going back to his college playing days. He was Carson Wentz's position coach the past two seasons in Philadelphia. Now he's putting his stamp on Kirk Cousins, who's on pace to set career highs in passing yards (4,941) and touchdowns (32) in a new offense, and showing he can put the likes of undrafted receiver Adam Thielen in position to succeed week after week. DeFilippo interviewed with the 49ers after the 2015 season (which he spent as the Browns' OC on a doomed staff) and the Cardinals and Bears this past year.

John DeFilippo, Vikings OC
The 40-year-old former James Madison quarterback is the safest bet on this list to be leading an NFL sideline next season. He built his reputation as Carson Wentz’s quarterbacks coach for the North Dakota State product’s first two years in the NFL, and helped craft the Eagles offense around backup Nick Foles’ strengths during last year’s Super Bowl run. The Eagles’ regression this season, after losing DeFilippo and OC Frank Reich, now in Indianapolis, may serve to boost his esteem in the eyes of decision-makers around the league. While Kirk Cousins is coming off a tough loss to the Bears on Sunday night, the new Vikings QB is on pace for career highs in passing yardage, touchdowns and completion percentage. DeFilippo interviewed for the Bears and Cardinals jobs last offseason, and the 49ers vacancy three years ago. He has experience coaching in Cleveland, where he was the OC in 2015; the Jets, who may also be looking for a new coach to pair with 2018 first-round QB Sam Darnold, wanted to interview DeFilippo for their OC job two years ago but were blocked by Philadelphia.

Regarding Kirkpatrick. I can see this 2nd rounder being a bit of a stretch especially at his salary point, but this was more a WISHFUL thinking for a team desperate for CB help. I just can't stand Kirkpatrick, so this was more a Christmas present than anything.

Regarding Dalton, he is at least a proven commodity in this league and there are some teams desperate for some good QB play. Dalton may not be that guy that can carry you on his shoulders for a SB, but those QB's rarely ever become available. However, he is good enough to help elevate some play of the guys around him. Give him some time in a pocket, he can complete passes. At a team friendly price point, Dalton is worth a few draft positions in the 1st and a 3rd rounder.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You never know with Dalton, because the teams in the league do weird shit from time to time.... For example, look how much money Minny gave to Cousins. I don't think Cousins is as good as Dalton. But as Dan mentioned above, teams are starting to get wise to the idea that a rookie or 2nd year guy might give you just as good a chance at much less money. I even read a compelling article on why the Rams should trade Jared Goff when he gets to the end of his rookie deal.

For the Bengals, I'm not sure how you move on from Dalton. If you did want a rookie QB, you would want to protect him and our tackle game is still pretty weak. He'd be in good shape with Green and Boyd on the outside with John Ross showing some signs of life and Mixon carrying a big load. But I'd only be interested in a qb if I could get one of the top two in the draft.

I'm also not sure how a new coach would feel about breaking in a new qb, while trying to rebuild a crappy D and fixing a the tackle position on offense. We have some talent on this team, but we need help in all the premium positions - QB, OT, and CB.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still think someone would give a first round for Dalton?

whoa.

Just draft a QB in the first round, he'll surpass Dalton after about 6 games.

Even so, teams can already sign Matt Moore or Ryan Mallet, who are both better than Dalton already.

If they are patient enough to endure a media grabbing personality, they could have Colin Kapernick, Johnny Manziel, or Tim Tebow, who are all much better than Dalton.

CB3UK

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If someone will give us 1st rd for Andy and 2nd for Dre then fuck yes make those trades. Dont think theres a chance in hell we could get that for either.

I will say the only way I will support Marvin coming back is if it means that we dont make Hue HC.....rather have more Marvin mediocrity than watch Hue sink the ship even further. Or hell, maybe thats what we need.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only upside to Hue is that it will lead to change....Might take 2 or 3 seasons, but the franchise would be in such shambles they'd either have to rip it up and start over or move. We might be looking at a quality season somewhere around 2024.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2026 is when they lease expires and they leave town. so that seems about right.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2026 is when they lease expires and they leave town. so that seems about right.

They'll be just like St. Louis. Stink it up long enough to move and then turn it on when you get to your new home.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still think someone would give a first round for Dalton?

whoa.

Just draft a QB in the first round, he'll surpass Dalton after about 6 games.

Even so, teams can already sign Matt Moore or Ryan Mallet, who are both better than Dalton already.

If they are patient enough to endure a media grabbing personality, they could have Colin Kapernick, Johnny Manziel, or Tim Tebow, who are all much better than Dalton.

Alright. I know Dalton is no Mahommes, but for goodness sakes, he is not as bad as any of those dudes.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If someone will give us 1st rd for Andy and 2nd for Dre then fuck yes make those trades. Dont think theres a chance in hell we could get that for either.

I will say the only way I will support Marvin coming back is if it means that we dont make Hue HC.....rather have more Marvin mediocrity than watch Hue sink the ship even further. Or hell, maybe thats what we need.

I never said a 1st round pick.

I said TRADE UP a FEW PICKS IN THE FIRST (we may have the 7 to 8th pick, and then you trade up to 3rd or 4th), along with a 3rd round pick.

I fully admit that Kirkpatrick 2nd rounder was just wishful thinking.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright. I know Dalton is no Mahommes, but for goodness sakes, he is not as bad as any of those dudes.

Dalton is worse. hell, I think even ol' Driskel has been playing better than Dalton, how the hell they will justify giving him his starting job back is beyond me.

Savage might even be better than Dalton, I don't know. I can't rightly think of an active QB in the NFL that is as bad as Dalton.

Well, Mark Sanchez is pretty bad. so I'll give Dalton that, he's probably a better leader than Mark Sanchez.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good lord, Driskel has not been playing better than Dalton. What games have you been watching? Driskel has been playing okay, i will give you that, but he is still no where near as good as Dalton. Yes, I am still advocating for Dalton to be traded because I think when you have a chance for a guy like Haskins, you try to take it. If Haskins for some reason does not come out and declare for the draft, then you draft Jawaan Taylor, OT from Florida and you keep Dalton as your QB another year.

CB3UK

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said a 1st round pick.

I said TRADE UP a FEW PICKS IN THE FIRST (we may have the 7 to 8th pick, and then you trade up to 3rd or 4th), along with a 3rd round pick.

I fully admit that Kirkpatrick 2nd rounder was just wishful thinking.
Id be for moving up depending on where we finish, where its move us to, and who we would theoretically be getting by doing so.

Right now, Im not convinced we arent going to end up drafting high anyway. Id almost rather just bolster the roster at points of need, Andy isnt God awful but he isnt the answer. He isnt the problem or the solution. Unless we have a surefire franchise QB sitting there Id rather gut the staff and bolster the holes. Im not going to complain if we move on from Andy either though lol

BKBroiler9000

Glass Eater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Vikings fired John DiFelippo. He should make the ideal MB coaching candidate now.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Vikings fired John DiFelippo. He should make the ideal MB coaching candidate now.

LOL! Crash's top candidate can't even make it a season as a coordinator. He's the Terryl Austin of offense.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw what he was doing with Cousins and Wentz was pretty dang good as a rookie and his second year before he moved on. He is said to be detailed oriented, etc. Seemed/seems like a good candidate still. Just makes it easier to hire.

Not sure who out there is much better. McCarthy is not that good of a coach. Hell he had Aaron Rodger and Brett Farve and only won one championship. Most of the time his teams well under performed with an elite QB.

Once again, who is better?

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dalton even misses the toilet when he tries to go the bathroom. he should not be a pro athlete.