• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The #1 question of this draft and Free Agency period is...

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where are our difference makers?

Take a moment, scroll through our complete roster and see if you find any because I can't. On offense, perhaps Chris Thompson who was well on his way to being the team's MVP last year. On defense, I looked at the roster, checked it twice and even spelled their names backwards in hopes of finding them. Nope, as close as I could come was Johnathan Allen and the jury is still out on him, primarily because he was injured.

There is still a rather painful history involving this team and its "winning off the field" failures in free agency. Then its follow up ultra conservative approach that saw the signing of more middle of the road type players and hoping for career seasons from them. So, lady and gentlemen, here are my questions.

1. Just how aggressive should this team be in getting impact players first in free agency, then in the draft?

2. What's our Goldilocks or sweet spot when the question is signing free agents?

3. Considering the speed in which other teams appear to have turned things around elsewhere, are we now in an era where rebuilding takes no more than 3 years instead of the 3-5 that we constantly seem to be in? (Please NO Kirk Cousins references)

4. How long are our "core" guys expected to hold on while this team gets its act together?

5. Considering question #4, can this organization currently afford more 2 and 3 year projects?

6. Where exactly, are our Difference makers.

7. If you believe that we already have them answer this, who is/are the current player(s) that other teams have to game plan against?

I know that it all starts at the top and there's a growing consensus that we just don't have the owner or personnel to adequately function in this capacity, but we have what we have, and that's not going to change between now and the end of the draft/ free agency period.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All good questions.

Short answer... Kerrigan COULD be a difference maker.. but he aint a one man show.
Allen MIGHT be a difference maker, and he was last year... but health was a concern to begin with. And might still be.

ON offense..... Thompson... but again that pesky health thing.

Aside from these three...... difference makers ON the field are slim and none, and slim might be dead.

Fear not however my good man, in a mere 22 Days.... moves shall be made. Names shall be acquired, and differences shall be made.

Hope... springs.. eternal

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will just answer question 1. We shouldn’t be aggressive at all in FA looking for a difference maker. Difference makers don’t find their way to FA, unless you are a Redskin. Difference makers in FA are created by schematic fit.