• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

That Was The Finest Display Of Iron Play I've Seen In A Long Time.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nate Lashley today.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm embarrassed to say I didn't even know this tournament was coming here until a couple of weeks ago. I used to live 2 blocks from the course. It's no surprise that they're tearing it up. It's a Donald Ross, but more a Donald Ross like a couple of others of his around here that I've played, than a Pinehurst #2. Hopefully he'll keep it under -30.

Zooky

I make chunk plays.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lashley story is truly remarkable.
Parents and girlfriend killed in a plane crash, on route to see him play about 10 years ago.
Gives up the game to pursue real estate.
Gives golf another chance.
The last guy in the field this week, after David Berganio Withdrew.
Wins going away.
Remarkable.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nate Lashley today.

I think the play was incredible, the story of perseverance is probably the best in golf in a long time.

PGAT going to inner city DET for the 1st time was also a big deal.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the play was incredible, the story of perseverance is probably the best in golf in a long time.

PGAT going to inner city DET for the 1st time was also a big deal.
Yeah, I remember the story but didn't realize it was Lashly. As soon as I heard that, I was rooting for him. I thought they over-hyped the Detroit thing but that's just me. The people out there in the suburbs who were at that event never were the ones in any financial trouble.
Now if they went to a muni inside Detroit proper, I'd be impressed.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I remember the story but didn't realize it was Lashly. As soon as I heard that, I was rooting for him. I thought they over-hyped the Detroit thing but that's just me. The people out there in the suburbs who were at that event never were the ones in any financial trouble.
Now if they went to a muni inside Detroit proper, I'd be impressed.

Lashley...yeah, incredible story of just carrying on after such a tragedy.

PGAT...impressed maybe is not the word I'm looking for, but given that DET lost an incredible amount of tax paying residents when the biggest game in town (automotive related jobs) employs a small fraction that it did when DET was a happening place....ANY major sporting event inside the city limits is a big deal economically.

Having seen professional golf and interested investors turn a drug infested, low income, unsafe area of ATL (Eastlake) into a thriving community of people that live and work there gives one hope that maybe DET can experience something similar.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lashley...yeah, incredible story of just carrying on after such a tragedy.

PGAT...impressed maybe is not the word I'm looking for, but given that DET lost an incredible amount of tax paying residents when the biggest game in town (automotive related jobs) employs a small fraction that it did when DET was a happening place....ANY major sporting event inside the city limits is a big deal economically.

Having seen professional golf and interested investors turn a drug infested, low income, unsafe area of ATL (Eastlake) into a thriving community of people that live and work there gives one hope that maybe DET can experience something similar.
Agreed. I’m more impressed with what they did at Eastlake than the wealthy Suburbs of Detroit

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lashley story is truly remarkable.
Parents and girlfriend killed in a plane crash, on route to see him play about 10 years ago.
Gives up the game to pursue real estate.
Gives golf another chance.
The last guy in the field this week, after David Berganio Withdrew.
Wins going away.
Remarkable.

Wow... Hadn't heard any of this!

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And he failed to Monday qualify.
Got in as the 3rd alternate.
He showed more than just the golfing world, what he is made of.

Oh, I thought that was how he got in (Monday qualifier)