• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

That was some bad football!

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL @ Bruce Arians. What a joke.

There he is. I was waiting for you customary Arians hate post. Let me guess....

He is a total distraction to his team which is why they lost. How's my aim?

Golden Spur

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, and only 11 teams gave up more point than Carolina this year, right?

You're missing some specifics, there. Panthers were struggling on D early in the season, mainly due to bad coverage. They moved the rookie Benwikere in at CB, another one, Tre Boston, in at S, picked up Colin Jones, Josh Norman stepped up his game, and Roman Harper is healthy and solid. They've reconstructed the Defensive backfield, and that's the main reason for winning the last 5. AZ was held to an all-time NFL playoff low today.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're missing some specifics, there. Panthers were struggling on D early in the season, mainly due to bad coverage. They moved the rookie Benwikere in at CB, another one, Tre Boston, in at S, picked up Colin Jones, Josh Norman stepped up his game, and Roman Harper is healthy and solid. They've reconstructed the Defensive backfield, and that's the main reason for winning the last 5. AZ was held to an all-time NFL playoff low today.

Yep since they got destroyed by Philly on MNF, the Panthers defense has been amazing

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It could mean that. It could also be the result of an offense that turns the ball over a lot or a ST unit that isn't good in coverage. Or a D that benefits from having an O that keeps the ball most of the game. I'm not saying this describes the Panthers, just point out that there are other possibilities.

I agree. Yards per play is probably the single best stat to look at for a defense.

Panthers lost a half dozen by > 3 scores which were over well before the final whistle. When you're up against offenses that are basically in victory formation in the 4th quarter, PPG surrendered probably isn't a bad metric.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was sloppily played for a playoff game. Both teams looked out of sync.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wont even have to watch the late game tomorrow since everyone in this thread has Dallas winning tomorrow.

At least Carolina was able to pad their defensive stats with the Cards only able to generate 70 some yards of offense. I bet they wished they were in the NFC west with all those poor offenses and playing them twice each season it has to help the defensive stats making the NFC West defense's look better than they are.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is too bad the Panthers can't be disqualified for boring a national television audience.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I know there's context there. Every team has a narrative on why things went south. Seattle has one too for losses early on, but you know what? That's the way it goes, the up and down of a 16 game season in a tough league.

Carolina played some good football today, especially on D. One of the better performances on that side of the ball I've seen this year. Things only get tougher from here, however.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wont even have to watch the late game tomorrow since everyone in this thread has Dallas winning tomorrow.

At least Carolina was able to pad their defensive stats with the Cards only able to generate 70 some yards of offense. I bet they wished they were in the NFC west with all those poor offenses and playing them twice each season it has to help the defensive stats making the NFC West defense's look better than they are.

How has GB looked against the NFC west the past few years?:L

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have a weird obsession with him. You are the only guy I know that hates him. :noidea:

Because of his hat?

I think I've commented on Bruce Arians maybe 3 times.