• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thanks To Dan Bailey

TheStarOne

Militem Octoginta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great job with the COWBOYS......Thanks buddy

The COWBOY geniuses saved 3.4 mil, by cutting you..........
The COWBOYS will be spending $4,000,000 on no Dez Bryant this year and 4 mil next year.
By the way......

How much money, is any victory worth, in the NFL?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't even keep your agenda out of a "Thanks" post:L

I thought they took the whole $8M for Dez this year. I'm surprised anyone is still questioning that move. I know the GMs around the league seem to agree with it...

Good luck to Bailey. Loved that guy. He's either injured or will be on another team by next week

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he was released. He must not be the same sine Injury. Happens a lot when a kicker gets injured.

It sucks though. Now we are back a question mark at Kicker. I was getting used to not having to worry about that spot.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked bailey. I understand the move in some ways,but he did not miss many kicks until the injury. Bailey easily best kicker in franchise history

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FRISCO, Texas –

The Cowboys are well aware that Brett Maher has never attempted a regular-season NFL kick in his career.

Ultimately, after much deliberation, they chose efficiency over inexperience.

In keeping Maher over veteran Dan Bailey, the second-most accurate field goal kicker in NFL history, head coach Jason Garrett and team brass decided they couldn’t ignore this simple fact during a five-week preseason: Maher made kicks over and over again.

Signs of potential decline from Bailey – his back and groin injuries in recent years, plus his career-worst 75.0-percent field goal conversion rate in 2017 – also factored into Saturday’s stunning decision to cut their former special teams captain.

When the Cowboys take the field for Sunday’s opener at Carolina, Maher is their kicker.

“I think a combination of approach, very professional in his approach right from the start,” Garrett said when asked about Maher’s strengths. “Comes in, gets his work done, really good practice habits, kicked the ball really well, every day, virtually every time he kicked it all throughout training camp. Certainly he has an ability to help us in a lot of different ways. Very good kickoff guy, he punted throughout training camp, handled all that work really well.

“He’s a very talented guy. He’s got a strong leg. We saw that with the 57-yarder the other day in the (preseason) game (at Houston). So he has all the physical traits you’d want.”

Maher has been on the Cowboys’ radar since 2013, when they brought him to training camp as an undrafted rookie out of Nebraska. The former All-Big Ten kicker gained experience with a handful of Canadian Football League teams over the last four years.

The Cowboys signed him this offseason as a dual kicker/punter who could spell Bailey and Jones in camp. Somewhere along the way, his competition with Bailey got serious.

Now he’s got the job.

“He did a really good job from Day One,” Garrett said. “We recognize this decision and what we’re doing, but when we put it all together we felt like this was the right thing for our team right now.”

TheStarOne

Militem Octoginta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought they took the whole $8M for Dez this year. I'm surprised anyone is still questioning that move. I know the GMs around the league seem to agree with it...

Where did I post .We should keep Dez.....And who has an agenda?

the agenda remains strong.
Let's blame Garrett.

Where in my brilliant post, did I blame Garrett? You have an agenda in your reading between my lines.
I have never blamed Garrett, the spokesman for the "CLAPPER". I would never blame Jerry Jone's organ tuner.
I think Jason Garrett is the best coach a Pop Warner football team could ever have. (assistant coach that is)
Someday, Jason Garrett, will develop into one of the best coaches Jerry Jones ever fired.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where did I post .We should keep Dez.....And who has an agenda?

Where in my brilliant post, did I blame Garrett? You have an agenda in your reading between my lines.
I have never blamed Garrett, the spokesman for the "CLAPPER". I would never blame Jerry Jone's organ tuner.
I think Jason Garrett is the best coach a Pop Warner football team could ever have. (assistant coach that is)
Someday, Jason Garrett, will develop into one of the best coaches Jerry Jones ever fired.
that would be Tom Landry.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dan bailey could go from starting the season on the unemployment line to kicking for a Superbowl Contender. Looks as if the Rams & the Vikings need a kicker now.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dan bailey could go from starting the season on the unemployment line to kicking for a Superbowl Contender. Looks as if the Rams & the Vikings need a kicker now.

I am very sad to see him go and since I don't think this is Dallas's year yet, Dan has my blessing to get a ring with the vikes. (as long as we are not playing them in the playoffs).

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am very sad to see him go and since I don't think this is Dallas's year yet, Dan has my blessing to get a ring with the vikes. (as long as we are not playing them in the playoffs).
I'll be rooting for him too. Probably my favorite kicker ever

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be rooting for him too. Probably my favorite kicker ever

First K I ever remember for the Cowboys was Effrum Herrera. Not sure if that’s even close to the right spelling. Then it went to Septien.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It’s kind of easy to cheer for the Vikings for me. For one I hate the Packers. Then there is Zimmer who I always liked. Then it’s those helmets. I have always liked them except when they went to white face masks for while. Now that Stadium. Wow.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First K I ever remember for the Cowboys was Effrum Herrera. Not sure if that’s even close to the right spelling. Then it went to Septien.
Septien...went to jail right?

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s kind of easy to cheer for the Vikings for me. For one I hate the Packers. Then there is Zimmer who I always liked. Then it’s those helmets. I have always liked them except when they went to white face masks for while. Now that Stadium. Wow.

I am a huge Zim fan. And to think we coulda had his as our coach a long time ago.