• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas Gives Tom Herman 2-Year Extension

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kirk Ferentz 2.0

That title should belong to your very own Mark D:

Mark Dantonio $4.3 million salary 32 - 20 in the last 4 seasons, 1 conference title in that span
Kirk Ferentz $4.7 million salary 37-16 in the last 4 seasons, 1 conference title in that span

They're basically identical at this point.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mark Dantonio $4.3 million salary 32 - 20 in the last 4 seasons, 1 conference title in that span
Kirk Ferentz $4.7 million salary 37-16 in the last 4 seasons, 1 conference title in that span

Wait, what year did Kirk Ferentz win a conference title again?

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Harbaugh is 38-14 with no division titles, no conference titles and at the low discount price of $7.5 million salary.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harbaugh is 38-14 with no division titles, no conference titles and at the low discount price of $7.5 million salary.
So better than all previously mentioned, except division titles. I'll take it!

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So better than all previously mentioned, except division titles. I'll take it!
If you’d rather have more meaningless wins with no hardware, more power to you.

Longyac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if he would have won the Big 12 championship this year an extension is warranted. This year the Longhorns could take a step back, the AD and company should have waited one more year.

What happened with Strong and Herman being in year 3 of his contract was being used to negative recruit against Texas for the 2020 class. Other coaches were telling kids if Herman didn't getting it done he'd be gone after their Freshman year as Texas would only have to buyout a single year.

Mike Elko, at A&M, got a nice pay raise as teams were telling kids he'll be an HC in the next year or two.

Longyac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is 17-10 at Texas. Texas threw a lot of money at Charlie Strong, at least Texas is buying more wins with Herman.

2017 7-6
2018 10-4

According to @TexasExes98 that means irrelevancy. Heck, Bo Pelini never had a season worse than 4 losses.(or better for that matter)

Texas also plays most of their games in the State of Texas. 2019 Texas plays in West Virginia and Iowa, that is it. All other games are in Texas. Imagine what Alabama would be like if they only played two outside Alabama? Or Clemson? or Oklahoma? or Ohio State?

Oklahoma plays five games outside of Oklahoma
Ohio State plays five games outside of Ohio
Clemson plays four games outside of South Carolina
Alabama plays four games outside of Alabama
Notre Dame plays five games outside of Indiana
Georgia plays four games outside of Georgia

Other teams in Texas
Texas A&M plays four games outside of Texas
TCU plays five games outside of Texas
Baylor plays three games outside of Texas
Texas Tech plays four games outside of Texas

Texas is afraid to play outside the State of Texas. Historically, when texas plays an OOC Power 5 team as an away game, Texas loses. 1-5 in the last 7 years against OOC opponents on the road, and 2-6 vs OOC at home. That makes Texas 3-11 vs power 5 OOC over the last seven years.

2018 Lost @Maryland, @ Okie State
2017 lost @USC
2016 lost @California, @Okie State, @K State, @Kansas
2015 lost @Notre Dame, @Iowa State,
2014 lost @K State, lost to both BYU and UCLA in Austin, TX
2013 lost @BYU
2012 lost @ K State, did play Mississippi in Mississippi and won

Based on that knowledge, betting LSU to win in Austin might not be a bad bet.

So you're punishing Texas for how big their state is? Beaumont, Tx is closer to Jacksonville, Fla than it is to El Paso. El Paso is closer to LA than it is to Beaumont. There are only 2 teams in the SEC West further from Tuscaloosa than Austin to Lubbock is.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Derp

Phantom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting them back to double digit wins for the first time in a long time I guess.

Still amazes me someone can't go in there and get them back to Championship quality

He kind of has if you look at the last 7 or 8 years. For the first time in a very long time, they are probably just as likely to win the Big 12 as Oklahoma. Oklahoma has dominated the Big 12 over the last few years when it comes to talent. Yes, I know talent doesn't always mean a win, but now the playing field is starting to even. Big difference.

P.S. Calm down OU fans. This doesn't mean I don't think you aren't still the best team. It just means I think Texas has an equal chance to win the big 12 as OU. There is a difference.

P.S.S. Trust me OU. You want a strong Texas on the football field, just like Texas wants a strong OU.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bottom line, it just means UT will have to spend more to buy out his contract when they dump him. Tom Herman is a dirt bag. He'll win some games and have at least one great season when the Horns are singing his praises but he'll get caught pulling something......just wait and see. He will embarrass Texas and get his ass run off.
?

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He kind of has if you look at the last 7 or 8 years. For the first time in a very long time, they are probably just as likely to win the Big 12 as Oklahoma. Oklahoma has dominated the Big 12 over the last few years when it comes to talent. Yes, I know talent doesn't always mean a win, but now the playing field is starting to even. Big difference.

P.S. Calm down OU fans. This doesn't mean I don't think you aren't still the best team. It just means I think Texas has an equal chance to win the big 12 as OU. There is a difference.

P.S.S. Trust me OU. You want a strong Texas on the football field, just like Texas wants a strong OU.

Ohh my gosh, why are you talking down OU so much? Who do you think you are?

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas in the College Football Playoff? Why the Longhorns will break through in 2019

9010487.jpg

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is 17-10 at Texas. Texas threw a lot of money at Charlie Strong, at least Texas is buying more wins with Herman.

2017 7-6
2018 10-4

According to @TexasExes98 that means irrelevancy. Heck, Bo Pelini never had a season worse than 4 losses.(or better for that matter)

Texas also plays most of their games in the State of Texas. 2019 Texas plays in West Virginia and Iowa, that is it. All other games are in Texas. Imagine what Alabama would be like if they only played two outside Alabama? Or Clemson? or Oklahoma? or Ohio State?

Oklahoma plays five games outside of Oklahoma
Ohio State plays five games outside of Ohio
Clemson plays four games outside of South Carolina
Alabama plays four games outside of Alabama
Notre Dame plays five games outside of Indiana
Georgia plays four games outside of Georgia

Other teams in Texas
Texas A&M plays four games outside of Texas
TCU plays five games outside of Texas
Baylor plays three games outside of Texas
Texas Tech plays four games outside of Texas

Texas is afraid to play outside the State of Texas. Historically, when texas plays an OOC Power 5 team as an away game, Texas loses. 1-5 in the last 7 years against OOC opponents on the road, and 2-6 vs OOC at home. That makes Texas 3-11 vs power 5 OOC over the last seven years.

2018 Lost @Maryland, @ Okie State
2017 lost @USC
2016 lost @California, @Okie State, @K State, @Kansas
2015 lost @Notre Dame, @Iowa State,
2014 lost @K State, lost to both BYU and UCLA in Austin, TX
2013 lost @BYU
2012 lost @ K State, did play Mississippi in Mississippi and won

Based on that knowledge, betting LSU to win in Austin might not be a bad bet.

To be fair, AnM playing 4 games a year outside of Texas annually is a bit of a WTF considering they are the only team in their conference from Texas.