• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texans fire Kubiak

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love to see Kubiak come back to Denver in some form but I like the OC we have right now in Gase so not sure where he would fit in.

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love to see Kubiak come back to Denver in some form but I like the OC we have right now in Gase so not sure where he would fit in.

With the health scare he had, if I were him, I would rest, get healthy, and reassess where I was at and what I wanted to do.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They could always pull hin in as a "special advisor" ala New England when they hired McDaniels back.

I wouldn't be surprised if Elway extends something Kubiak's way. An advisoral role would be less stressful, and keep any doors open in case he wanted to be a QB's coach or something.

This does help our chances in the upcoming Houston game though.

Another possibility could be as an advisor to Shanny in Washington.

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinda bummed for him. He really had that team on the rise until this year. Texans jumped the gun on this one IMO.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinda bummed for him. He really had that team on the rise until this year. Texans jumped the gun on this one IMO.

Yeah, I think they could have given him a Mulligan on this season to see what his QB solution would have been. But maybe he stuck with Schaub way too long? :noidea:

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kubiak never really left the hot seat in my opinion. Up until the last 2 years his teams were mediocre at best. And those last 2 years his teams were out of the playoffs in the divisional round. Last year they went from a 1 seed to a 3 in a few weeks.

It is similar with Coughlin. The dude is constantly on the hot seat but when they talk of firing him he wins a SB and gets a reprieve.

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kubiak never really left the hot seat in my opinion. Up until the last 2 years his teams were mediocre at best. And those last 2 years his teams were out of the playoffs in the divisional round. Last year they went from a 1 seed to a 3 in a few weeks.

It is similar with Coughlin. The dude is constantly on the hot seat but when they talk of firing him he wins a SB and gets a reprieve.

Mediocre? I would say above average for the last few years. Just either inconsistent play from Schaub or injury the year they played a rookie at QB in the playoffs against the Bengals.

A lot of talent on that team and they lost 7 games out of these last 11 by a score or less.

Tough breaks.

But I noticed last night how undisciplined a lot of the younger players are on that team. They killed themselves with penalties and mistakes last night and that has been a trend this season.

Falls on the coach eventually.

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmm..Looking at the Texans record/schedule this seaosn...

Houston Texans Schedule - NFL - CBSSports.com

And then reading this article that says Wade Phillips will get a chance to interview for the job...

Y! SPORTS

Makes me wonder why they would even give Phillips an interview?

I know the HC is responsible overall for the team but when you lose 7 games in a row by a score or less, you have to look at your defense. Especially a defense that was touted as good as the Texans last year.

I know Schaub had 6 pick 6 INT in the early part of the season, but they were 2-4 when he got injured/benched and besides the OT loss to Seattle, they got blown out those games. Defense could not stop anything.

I know the turnovers and pick 6 put their defense in a bad spot, but why is Wade getting a pass or even being considered for HC?

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you lose to the Jags 2 times that would almost fire anyone.

The Jags are not the pushovers they started out the season being. Unfortunately for them they're playing themselves out of a prime draft pick they could have used to get a real QB. Henne will get them through the season , but neither he nor Gabbert is the long term solution for that team.

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mediocre? I would say above average for the last few years. Just either inconsistent play from Schaub or injury the year they played a rookie at QB in the playoffs against the Bengals.

In 8 years the texans had 3 winning seasons. The 2011 and 2012 being the best by far. I was taking Kubiak's entire body of work with the texans. You have eight years to make something happen which is a lot longer than most coaches get starting with 4 losing seasons. No one said this league was fair. Some coaches have to prove very little to stay employed while others need to bring a SB in a couple years. If you argue the team has talent, which I think they do, it still goes back on the coaches for not getting the team motivated enough to win.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am sad to see a former Bronco fired, but the truth is he is a Texan (or was) and ultimately my concern is how will this shape the Broncos-Texans tilt in a couple weeks. The Texans are 2-11 but we can all agree they have a solid amount of talent. When a coach is fired it can sent ripples throughout a locker room. The Broncos should win that game either way, but if they doze off, even for a second, the Texans are more than capable of giving a solid gut punch.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am sad to see a former Bronco fired, but the truth is he is a Texan (or was) and ultimately my concern is how will this shape the Broncos-Texans tilt in a couple weeks. The Texans are 2-11 but we can all agree they have a solid amount of talent. When a coach is fired it can sent ripples throughout a locker room. The Broncos should win that game either way, but if they doze off, even for a second, the Texans are more than capable of giving a solid gut punch.
Ironically, knowing Wade Phillips will take over coaching the Texans makes me more confident in this game.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ironically, knowing Wade Phillips will take over coaching the Texans makes me more confident in this game.

This is what I was thinking as well. I would rather face him than Kubiak any day of the week but who knows what this does in the organization. As for the Jags pushing themselves out of a prime pick that you alluded to earlier depending who decides to declare this year this is looking like a very deep quarterback draft class so I think as long as they don't go too crazy over these final few weeks they should still be able to land one of the quarterbacks with a 1st round grade on them.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Jags are not the pushovers they started out the season being. Unfortunately for them they're playing themselves out of a prime draft pick they could have used to get a real QB. Henne will get them through the season , but neither he nor Gabbert is the long term solution for that team.

Jags need alot more then a real QB.