• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texans coach Kubiak fired

Inquisitor95

Unexpected Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess trying to get the top draft pick wasn't a good idea.

Wade Phillips named interim coach.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kubes is top-notch. I would be DELIGHTED for the Titans to get him next year if we don't get Mike Tomlin or Jim Schwartz.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty amazing that Houston went from starting 11-1 last year to having lost eleven in a row this year. Not many coaches can survive that.

I expect Kubiak will at least get another OC gig, if not another HC job.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kubes is top-notch. I would be DELIGHTED for the Titans to get him next year if we don't get Mike Tomlin or Jim Schwartz.

You don't like Munchack?

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess trying to get the top draft pick wasn't a good idea.

Wade Phillips named interim coach.

Wow !! that owner is demented , Wade Phillips couldn't coach a toddler team, and to fire a productive HC on a down year that just had a mini stroke on the field and recovered, is about as low and stupid as it gets.....
Maybe if he would have gotten Kube an upscale qb with all the other talent, they'd have a ring now or at least been to the big show.....
That owner is trying to cover his own hide and manipulate their fans with some smoke and mirrors....Wade ??? Paaa lease !!!! :scratch:

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, he had lost his players. It was time for a change

depraved

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,130.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awesome now they're really mailing it in for that number 1 pick!

TexasMan

mfw reading SportsHoopla
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

4eMjkto.jpg

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Funny post, but I'm wondering how you get 42,000 posts in 4 yrs....I've been posting on boards since pre 1999 and I don't think I have anywhere near half of that amount...Astounding !!!:scratch:

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny post, but I'm wondering how you get 42,000 posts in 4 yrs....I've been posting on boards since pre 1999 and I don't think I have anywhere near half of that amount...Astounding !!!:scratch:

Posting in game threads

Inquisitor95

Unexpected Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That must take some time and require multi tasking , too high tech for me...:lol:

All it takes is posting "You idiot!" or "Refs suck!" or "That was pass interference!" every 15 seconds or so.

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All it takes is posting "You idiot!" or "Refs suck!" or "That was pass interference!" every 15 seconds or so.

I thought you meant multiple games, ok I got it now....A little slow but very dependable ..:lol:

Toucanbird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a little mixed on this firing. For starters, where were the Texans before Kubiak? He built them into a pretty good team over the last few years. The Texans also aren't nearly as bad as their record indicates. They've lost 8 games by 7 points or less, including 7 in a row. I don't think it's necessarily Kubiak's fault that his QB (Schaub) was awful this season. Then again, you could also question the playcalling a little bit.

Generally speaking though, I don't think it'll be hard for Kubiak to get another job in the league, even if it's another HC job. I don't think the Vikings are too sold on Leslie Frasier, the Redskins are on-the-fence about giving Shanahan an extension, and it always seems like a team like the Raiders, Browns, and Bucs are looking for head coaches. If he can't get a HC job, I'm sure he will find an OC job, as TDs3nOut suggested.

As for the Texans, it would be huge if they were able to hang on and get the 1st pick in the draft. That team really isn't very far from being a Super Bowl contender and the ONE thing they need the most is a quarterback. I see them taking one in the draft next year.

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a little mixed on this firing. For starters, where were the Texans before Kubiak? He built them into a pretty good team over the last few years. The Texans also aren't nearly as bad as their record indicates. They've lost 8 games by 7 points or less, including 7 in a row. I don't think it's necessarily Kubiak's fault that his QB (Schaub) was awful this season. Then again, you could also question the playcalling a little bit.

Generally speaking though, I don't think it'll be hard for Kubiak to get another job in the league, even if it's another HC job. I don't think the Vikings are too sold on Leslie Frasier, the Redskins are on-the-fence about giving Shanahan an extension, and it always seems like a team like the Raiders, Browns, and Bucs are looking for head coaches. If he can't get a HC job, I'm sure he will find an OC job, as TDs3nOut suggested.

As for the Texans, it would be huge if they were able to hang on and get the 1st pick in the draft. That team really isn't very far from being a Super Bowl contender and the ONE thing they need the most is a quarterback. I see them taking one in the draft next year.

:agree: I would love for Ozzie to bring him to Baltimore as our OC an qb coach....He still knows how to get it done on the ground and air, I believe he would bring a more balanced O than Caldy has...

Inquisitor95

Unexpected Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kubiak is a good coach who was never quite able to put it together.

Now coaching the Texans is the Grand Emperor Supreme of never quite able to put it together.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00

I agree with all of this except Schwartz. The Schwartz has the intellectual chops of a really good head coach, but I think he lacks the personality of one. And as Jules in Pulp Fiction said, "Personality goes a long way."

Kubiak never even had an average QB in Houston. A great head coach can look mediocre with a bad QB; and the reverse is true (see Mike McCarthy).

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kubiak firing should be a wake up call to all NFL coaches who bank on the wrong QB ( Jim Harbaugh should take note). Why they couldn't wait until the end of the year is strange , but I guess losing to the Jags on national TV was to hard to swallow.