• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Terrible round

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only played nine holes, shot a 51. Between my skills and Mother Mature, I think I hit a tree on every hole...and of course i never got a favorable bounce once i hit one.

Noticed mid way down the seventh hole i was straightening my right leg, lifting my hip instead of rotating.

I mentioned it to my wife and she said she noticed that too...of course she didn't mention it as she continued to pad her lead.

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh..and i also injured the LCL on my left knee...no idea when, but could barely walk after the round.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh..and i also injured the LCL on my left knee...no idea when, but could barely walk after the round.

I'm assuming that's your forward knee as a right-hander ? I have something similar. I went to the range 2 weeks ago... first time I've hit a ball in 2 years. Pain in my left knee hit me a couple of days later. Idk when or how it happened either, whether I did something to it while hitting or stepped in a rut while walking my dog or something. But if it doesn't go away it's going to make playing golf very difficult. That would suck, because I hit the ball surprisingly well considering how long it's been. This getting old sucks. Good luck.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buncha geriatric old fucks we are around here.

I hit the club to pitch and putt for a while this morning. 18 days post surgery and I can walk without a cane and I can hit short wedges.

Can't wait to have a crappy full round!

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only played nine holes, shot a 51. Between my skills and Mother Mature, I think I hit a tree on every hole...and of course i never got a favorable bounce once i hit one.

Noticed mid way down the seventh hole i was straightening my right leg, lifting my hip instead of rotating.

I mentioned it to my wife and she said she noticed that too...of course she didn't mention it as she continued to pad her lead.

This is why I play 18...just made a mess of the front 9 after starting with 3 consecutive pars...all GIR easy 2 two putts.

Then the next 6 holes I went +3, +3, +2, +2, +1, +2 and finished with a big fat +13 for 49...most of those were from the FW, only 2 balls in the hazard (both playable punchouts), iron game/short game was terrible. Back 9 was more consistent ball striking, posted 41 with 3 missed par putts and one birdie inside 6' on the back alone and seven 3 jacks for the round.

I guess that's what a two week layoff can do.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Had you been drinking enough during and after your round, your score would have been put into proper perspective and your more "relaxed" state during play would have prevented your injury.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why I play 18...just made a mess of the front 9 after starting with 3 consecutive pars...all GIR easy 2 two putts.

Then the next 6 holes I went +3, +3, +2, +2, +1, +2 and finished with a big fat +13 for 49...most of those were from the FW, only 2 balls in the hazard (both playable punchouts), iron game/short game was terrible. Back 9 was more consistent ball striking, posted 41 with 3 missed par putts and one birdie inside 6' on the back alone and seven 3 jacks for the round.

I guess that's what a two week layoff can do.

Golf tip of the week......take up bowling; the ball comes back when you miss.

Friggin' game. Hang in there brother!

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Golf tip of the week......take up bowling; the ball comes back when you miss.

Friggin' game. Hang in there brother!

Even with my "excuse" of laying off for a couple of weeks, I think I would've fared better if my best golf buddy were not playing....I should call us best buddies now...there's a reason we don't play golf much anymore. His game, due to lack of practice and playing has digressed to the point that breaking a 100 is a major accomplishment.

That in of itself is not that bad, but...he lives and dies verbally on every swing...literally has something negative (even bad swings with good results) to say on nearly every golf swing.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even with my "excuse" of laying off for a couple of weeks, I think I would've fared better if my best golf buddy were not playing....I should call us best buddies now...there's a reason we don't play golf much anymore. His game, due to lack of practice and playing has digressed to the point that breaking a 100 is a major accomplishment.

That in of itself is not that bad, but...he lives and dies verbally on every swing...literally has something negative (even bad swings with good results) to say on nearly every golf swing.

Oh that can get tiring. I'm very lucky to have Phil. He's my best friend on earth and we always pull for each other and push each other. Playing with us, you'd have scored much better.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh that can get tiring. I'm very lucky to have Phil. He's my best friend on earth and we always pull for each other and push each other. Playing with us, you'd have scored much better.

Yep, it just wears on you after a few holes.

I'm sure I would be more focused for sure. My two regular playing partners are ultra competitive, but ultra supportive of each other, just a few weeks ago, John (one of the my regulars) and myself were both even par going into 9 and we're trying to keep each other up and the same time take the money...I got him on the front with 36 to his 37, but he finished with 78, me 81 so he took the back and the overall. I couldn't have been more happy for him....John was also there Sat. and he called me after the round and said how did you play so long with this guy? Nice fella, but very much a golf diva.

The friendship goes much deeper than golf now, but for most of the 20+ yrs we've been playing, he was pretty competitive, but the last 5 or 6 yrs, diving, getting certified for coral reef restoration has been a big deal with him and golf not so much...now he wants to play golf again.

Considering the only body of water near ATL is the Chattahoochee River and Lake Lanier, I wondered why he would invest so much time in that...not much coral in either of those spots...lol

That said, when he calls me wanting to play it's hard to tell him no...fortunately he doesn't call to play much anymore.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had one a few weeks ago. Tough day at the club. Windy as shit and still colder weather. My score wasn’t below 80 and it wasn’t over 90.

Found something last week tho ;)