• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Terrelle Pryor?

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to 710 ESPN, the Seahawks have just traded for Terrelle Pryor. I don't have an article or details yet, but I saw the breaking news headline on their Facebook page. I think it's safe to say that nobody could have seen this coming, right?

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. Didn't see this one coming.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love it. Pryor played solid with absolutely nothing on offense and comes over here with a chance to learn under Wilson while giving our PS guys a simulated Kaep/Newton.

For a 7th? Why the heck not. Don't see us doing any better draft wise with QB and at least we get someone proven.

7th - B+, don't see Jackson losing the 2nd spot and this is likely a ploy to get a 2nd string QB or higher draft pick in the future. Seattle is drafting so late you can just go undrafted, it's not an A+ but it's a solid pick.
6th - C, waste at this point.
5th earlier = C-, less. Prob. a straight away D 5th or earlier given glaring needs at OL/WR/DL/CB/OLB and no 3rd. Gotta go needs here, and QB is not a huge need - a luxury hence the above grades.

Raiders would've likely just released him given no roster spot so whatevs. Seattle secure a QB that they might have not done any better in 7th round. You never know what will fall 7th round so hence the knock down from an A- or higher pick.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also wondering if Seattle goes WR with him. He projects VERY well at the position.

tzorn10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has he ever played WR? I'd rather have a player with some actual experience at the position then a project. Not saying its horrible move, but it just seems strange.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has he ever played WR? I'd rather have a player with some actual experience at the position then a project. Not saying its horrible move, but it just seems strange.

To be honest, I'm not excited about this move. I feel it more about crossing up the 49ers who could actually use him.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He has made some plays at WR before although not consistently.

It's the same as when a college team acquires an 'athlete' for college football. Sometimes they work out, most often they don't.

I don't expect Pryor to do anything significant this year.... and would be shocked should he convert to a decent WR prospect, but no question the talent is there. Whether Carroll can mold that into something, we'll see. He certainly molded a bunch of unorthodox secondary players into something great.

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did PC scout him? If so, at what position?

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't think so but who knows. Carroll will probably have him starting at corner at some point. Seattle is a weird team, I've never seen a more confusing setup and draft/FA philosophy in my life. Trying to predict what Seattle is going to do in the draft or with players is like trying to predict an NCAA bracket.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't think so but who knows. Carroll will probably have him starting at corner at some point. Seattle is a weird team, I've never seen a more confusing setup and draft/FA philosophy in my life. Trying to predict what Seattle is going to do in the draft or with players is like trying to predict an NCAA bracket.

Correct… Pete wants athletes and then he grooms them into what he thinks will work with there skill set… He's not shy about taking chances… Just read they might use him as a receiver or corner… Can't wait to watch this play out… One thing you can't argue is the fact that prior is a good athlete...

flaraider

The Real Deal
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also wondering if Seattle goes WR with him. He projects VERY well at the position.

He stated up front that he wanted to be QB only while in Oakland, but playing for the SB champions might sway him to reconsider, TE is a good possibility.

Wow. Didn't see this one coming.

And yet another Raider I really liked heads north.

Love it. Pryor played solid with absolutely nothing on offense and comes over here with a chance to learn under Wilson while giving our PS guys a simulated Kaep/Newton.

For a 7th? Why the heck not. Don't see us doing any better draft wise with QB and at least we get someone proven.

7th - B+, don't see Jackson losing the 2nd spot and this is likely a ploy to get a 2nd string QB or higher draft pick in the future. Seattle is drafting so late you can just go undrafted, it's not an A+ but it's a solid pick.
6th - C, waste at this point.
5th earlier = C-, less. Prob. a straight away D 5th or earlier given glaring needs at OL/WR/DL/CB/OLB and no 3rd. Gotta go needs here, and QB is not a huge need - a luxury hence the above grades.

Raiders would've likely just released him given no roster spot so whatevs. Seattle secure a QB that they might have not done any better in 7th round. You never know what will fall 7th round so hence the knock down from an A- or higher pick.

Again I think Seattle got a great deal for a 7 round, surprising we couldn't get more for him.

To be honest, I'm not excited about this move. I feel it more about crossing up the 49ers who could actually use him.

A very good point, perhaps another shrewd move to keep him out of enemy hands.

Correct… Pete wants athletes and then he grooms them into what he thinks will work with there skill set… He's not shy about taking chances… Just read they might use him as a receiver or corner… Can't wait to watch this play out… One thing you can't argue is the fact that prior is a good athlete...

No doubt Pryor is a very good athlete, and learned quite a bit in his short time in Oakland. I hope he does well in Seattle, he deserves it.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For a seventh rounder, Pryor is a great option. He is better than anything the Hawks could have drafted there, though the Hawks have pulled rabbits out of their hats with late rounders before.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Hope the Niners face him very soon. :hope:

He'll probably get cut in camp. A low 7th-rounder would've had a really hard time making the team anyway; that's essentially an UDFA. So they probably figured Pryor would have a slightly better shot than a rook.