• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tennessee vs Vanderbilt

UTVolCountry

(>',')> Laser_Mike_89
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UTvsVandy.png

UTVolCountry

(>',')> Laser_Mike_89
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does Vanderbilt beat Tennessee Saturday? I think they are favored. Honestly, without Tyler Bray, I think they do. But I believe UT wins if Bray plays. The players know their backs are against the wall and that they have to win-out to become Bowl eligible (same situation as last year). A must win game on Senior Day, I think the Vols find a way to get it done. It won't be easy, though. Franklin will have Vandy ready to go.

TN, 21-17. (I might change my prediction if Bray plays)

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You really think Dooley's on the hot seat? He started with nothing and was just beginning to build with his players, then his QB and best player get hurt. I could see a shake-up with some staff, maybe. But I think Dooley is safe for another year or two.

trancemeister

Niner Faithful
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think anyone who says that Dooley should be in the hot seat is downright insane! He took over a team in complete shambles, with his back against the wall from a recruiting standpoint. He needs to be given at least a few years to bring his own recruits in (which he is doing a fantastic job at IMHO) get his system set up and with lastly, hope that his ill luck turns around at some point! He seriously has to have the shittiest luck I have seen anyone have in forever!

I still believe he can do a good job given some time. About the only statistic that worries me a little is one they put up during the Arkansas game - I can't remember the exact number but he is something like 0-20 or 21 when tied or trailing at the half. That has GOT TO change!

SouthPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
We're one of the shitiest second half teams the past two years. Every game we've played has been close at half (exception of the Georgia game last year and Arkansas this (that I can think of))

UT has too much invested to wait 5 years for a decent team, the fan base is falling with attendance. People want W's and the HC is always a scapegoat.

I love coming down to the having to win the last 2-4 games to make a bowl :L fucking vols lol

SouthPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
and don't get me wrong, I love Dooley. He's a really great guy and funny as hell but maybe its too much to handle. Idk he'll probably have one more year with out a doubt unless the KY streak ends lol

Volbound1700

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tennessee is 0-6 in the SEC for the FIRST TIME EVER. It is cleary Tennessee has fallen then ever before even the early 80s. Even then we beat a big SEC team sometimes.

The issue is our Offensive line which has not grown up at all. As coach, I would have benched them and Poole in some of the bigger games after we were losing and put in the back-ups hopefully to motivate them. They seem to be losers to me.

Our QB and WR play is good, even Worely hasn't been that bad considering what he has had to work with.

Our secondary is terrible but it isn't their fault that they are slow. Recruiting will have to solve that.

No excuse for the offensive line, however. They are big, talented, and fast. They are just not playing up to par and their is no excuse for that other than coaching.

UTVolCountry

(>',')> Laser_Mike_89
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Upset special: Tennessee over Vanderbilt - College Football Nation Blog - ESPN

Tennessee is a disappointing 4-6, 0-6 in the SEC, the first time it has lost six conference games since 1962. Things are going so bad in Knoxville that the Volunteers are actually an underdog to Vanderbilt in Saturday's game at Neyland Stadium. It's only the second time in 26 seasons that the Commodores are favored to defeat UT. In 2008, Vanderbilt was favored to win in former Vols' coach Phillip Fulmer's final season. Tennessee won that game 20-10. The Volunteers will win this time, too, and they'll defeat Kentucky next week to become bowl-eligible with a 6-6 record. Vols quarterback Tyler Bray might return from a broken thumb, which sidelined him for the past five games, but UT will win with its defense. There's more pressure on the Commodores, who will have to win at Tennessee or at Wake Forest next week to become bowl-eligible.

Tennessee over Vandy in Neyland is an uset?? Vols should have all the motivation they need right here... :target:

UTVolCountry

(>',')> Laser_Mike_89
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
THE VANDERBILT GAME

University of Tennessee Athletics: Football

. The Tennessee Vols continue their 115th season with their 105th all-time meeting against the Vanderbilt Commodores. Kickoff in Knoxville is slated for 7:02 p.m. on ESPNU. UT is 793-345-53 (.688) all-time.

. Tennessee is 72-27-5 all-time vs. Vanderbilt, including a 36-10-1 record in Knoxville and a 36-17-4 mark in Nashville. UT's 72 wins over the Commodores its most against all but one other opponent (74 wins over Kentucky). Tennessee has won five consecutive games over Vanderbilt since 2006.

. UT has won 27 of its last 28 games against Vanderbilt since 1983, including a series-best 22 consecutive wins from 1983-2004.

. The Vols are averaging 32.2 points per game in the last 13 games vs. the Commodores since 1998.

. With a 7:02 p.m. kickoff, the Vanderbilt game extends the school record for regular season night games, set this season, to seven.

. Tennessee defeated Vanderbilt 24-10 in Nashville last season and has won two consecutive in Knoxville from 2007-09. The last win for Vanderbilt in the series was 28-24 in 2005 at Neyland Stadium.

. UT has won 16 of the last 17 games vs. Vanderbilt in Knoxville since 1977. The Vols are 23-2 vs. the Commodores at Neyland Stadium since 1961.

. Tennessee Legend of the Game: Jason Allen (2002-05)

Last edited by a moderator: