• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tennessee Titans waive QB Zach Mettenberger

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never thought I'd see the day where a thread about Zach Mettenberger could get 5 pages.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be a sixth round rookie QB Mettenberger played well in 2014. When the team bypassed him for starter in favor of Mariota in 2015 i think Mett gave up. However the team had no line,no run game so those were hard games he did well in as a first year player.

I don't know... He struggles to complete passes at a good clip, takes too many sacks, is 0-10 as a starter now, and is just putrid on 3rd down, it's sack, or off-target. That's a big reason why his QBR is the lowest ever by a QB with 10 starts since they started tracking that in 2006. Situationally he's the worst there is.

The "good" games his rookie year.

First start.. Leads the offense to 3 points (on a 4 yard drive), and 68 yards of offense before the throws a couple late garbage time TD's (made it 9-27 late in the 3rd and the other was in the last few minutes of the game to get them within 2 scores.

His 2nd game, "looking sharp" he led the team to 7 points, including 8 straight punt drives where the ONLY non-3 and out was a quick dump off catch and run for a first down on the opening play of the drive (followed by 3 plays and a punt), and of course finished with an INT. 18 yards of offense in those 8 drives that ended in punts.

The Pittsburgh game he was really good in. Nice game.

Philly game was really inconsistent for him, up and down, mostly while playing far behind. Fumbled, took sacks he shouldn't have, bad reads at times... not something you like.

The houston game... how are you calling that one good? He was AWFUL in that one. The only thing he did in the first half outside of lead his team to punts was throw a pick that led to a short field TD for Houston. Threw a TD when down by 24 in the 2nd half, then got hurt and couldn't finish the game.

And the Giants game, took easy sacks, can't do anything productive on 3rd down, a complete mess.

2 years in now with no improvement I think his chances to develop further are slim, even moreso if what you say is true and that he lacks any desire to put forth the effort if he isn't the starter. Lets just say of the last 21 drafted QB's waived before their 3rd season, only one (Weeden) got a chance to start again so far.

Plus the team that saw him in practice every day just decided to spend over three times as much to replace him with Matt Cassel, who the past couple seasons has shown he is a QB you are dreading to have to play.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,306.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know... He struggles to complete passes at a good clip, takes too many sacks, is 0-10 as a starter now, and is just putrid on 3rd down, it's sack, or off-target. That's a big reason why his QBR is the lowest ever by a QB with 10 starts since they started tracking that in 2006. Situationally he's the worst there is.

The "good" games his rookie year.

First start.. Leads the offense to 3 points (on a 4 yard drive), and 68 yards of offense before the throws a couple late garbage time TD's (made it 9-27 late in the 3rd and the other was in the last few minutes of the game to get them within 2 scores.

His 2nd game, "looking sharp" he led the team to 7 points, including 8 straight punt drives where the ONLY non-3 and out was a quick dump off catch and run for a first down on the opening play of the drive (followed by 3 plays and a punt), and of course finished with an INT. 18 yards of offense in those 8 drives that ended in punts.

The Pittsburgh game he was really good in. Nice game.

Philly game was really inconsistent for him, up and down, mostly while playing far behind. Fumbled, took sacks he shouldn't have, bad reads at times... not something you like.

The houston game... how are you calling that one good? He was AWFUL in that one. The only thing he did in the first half outside of lead his team to punts was throw a pick that led to a short field TD for Houston. Threw a TD when down by 24 in the 2nd half, then got hurt and couldn't finish the game.

And the Giants game, took easy sacks, can't do anything productive on 3rd down, a complete mess.

2 years in now with no improvement I think his chances to develop further are slim, even moreso if what you say is true and that he lacks any desire to put forth the effort if he isn't the starter. Lets just say of the last 21 drafted QB's waived before their 3rd season, only one (Weeden) got a chance to start again so far.

Plus the team that saw him in practice every day just decided to spend over three times as much to replace him with Matt Cassel, who the past couple seasons has shown he is a QB you are dreading to have to play.
Good post and the fact that no GM would trade a conditional 7th tells it all.