• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tee Martin Headed Back To Tenn.

LongTimeSooner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Further evidence that USC is on the edge of a huge cliff. Weird. They are a blueblood, but totally radioactive right now.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if Badmin?

Tee Martin reportedly joining Tennessee staff

He's done pretty well at USC corchin and recruiting wise
Tee was a great recruiter but then again it's not that hard to recruit to USC. He was decent WR coach with Woods, Agholor, Juju all being coached by him. But as an OC he was pretty much horrible.
But I do agree USC right now is a dumpster fire surrounded by a train wreck.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tee was one of the coaches Swann made CH fire during the season last year. Not surprised he went back to Tennessee. SC got a big spike in recruiting following the AA game and have spots left to work with. Really depends on what direction they go with CH. Right now just a bunch of coaching rumors mostly following next season

usc-clay-helton-fire-plane-banner.jpg

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Further evidence that USC is on the edge of a huge cliff. Weird. They are a blueblood, but totally radioactive right now.

The problem is they don't act like a blue blood when hiring a HC. Besides stealing kiffin from Tennessee when was the last time they made a splash hire?

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem is they don't act like a blue blood when hiring a HC. Besides stealing kiffin from Tennessee when was the last time they made a splash hire?
Pete Carroll

Kiffin was realy just another in house hire imo. Part of Carrolls coaching staffs. If all goes well they go outside the box. On a guy like Meyer after next season. Thats where they had the most success as per recent coaches i.e. Carroll

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pete Carroll

Kiffin was realy just another in house hire imo. Part of Carrolls coaching staffs. If all goes well they go outside the box. On a guy like Meyer after next season. Thats where they had the most success as per recent coaches i.e. Carroll

But Carroll wasn't a splash hire at the time. He was decent in the NFL but was fired before USC got him

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But Carroll wasn't a splash hire at the time. He was decent in the NFL but was fired before USC got him
The last outside the box hire for SC. Kiff was another in house. Which is he direction SC needs to sway way from. Wouldnt say they are a complete trainwreck. The jumped from the low 20's to 13 in the recruiting rankings following the additions of Ford,Bru and Puca. And still have a lot to work with as per remaining stole's. Tee wasn't that big of a loss terrible OC. And SC recruits well regardless. Even in down years. Biggest thing SC needs is an actual coach. To get the talent to play to potential. Keep them out of trouble and have them actually ready to play. No more weak practices etc i.e. CH. That will be what defines the future

CB3UK

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First Fat Phil returns, now Tee? Knoxville PD fittin'a get some OT.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The last outside the box hire for SC. Kiff was another in house. Which is he direction SC needs to sway way from. Wouldnt say they are a complete trainwreck. The jumped from the low 20's to 13 in the recruiting rankings following the additions of Ford,Bru and Puca. And still have a lot to work with as per remaining stole's. Tee wasn't that big of a loss terrible OC. And SC recruits well regardless. Even in down years. Biggest thing SC needs is an actual coach. To get the talent to play to potential. Keep them out of trouble and have them actually ready to play. No more weak practices etc i.e. CH. That will be what defines the future
E.g. Joseph Lewis, I was pissed he stayed home signing with SC, crazy talent, not really now however in hindsight

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
E.g. Joseph Lewis, I was pissed he stayed home signing with SC, crazy talent, not really now however in hindsight
Joseph Lewis is one of several SC recruits. That had major discipline issues off the field. Jack Jones, Bubba Bolden.... One of many reasons I think SC needs to move on from CH.I'm not a fan of Helton. I think he was carried by a couple players before last season and it showed. Both on and off the field

Diego Roll Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pete Carroll

But even then, the pundits questioned the Carroll hire. It was considered anything but a “home run”.

Of course, the pundits looked like fools 3 years later...

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Chip Kelly gets UCLA rolling then USC could be in for a long down period if they don't make the right hire next.