• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tim Tebow trying MLB at age 29 - Now Back In NFL!

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good for him, I've never been a fan of his but I admire his willingness to try something new.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This tool had a much better chance if he stopped being a stubborn assclown and just changed his position to TE

I like people that assume that he could run routes or catch a ball or even block. He has the right to do whatever he wants and has done more with his life then you ever will and has more money then you will ever have. Hate much? Peace.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he is only doing it to drive people bananas. And I love him for that.

Look at the OP, he is in his room right now pacing back & forth because Tebow had the nerve to do this.

Thanks Tim. Good Luck!

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Says who though? Baseball is the hardest sport to project how a guy will do. Jordan was garbage in AA but actually turned himself into a MLB caliber player before he went back to basketball and Jordan was never as good as Tebow in their baseball amateur baseball careers.

No idea who was the better player in high-school... Jordan pitched something like 45 straight shutout innings in high-school. He was recruited for baseball as well but made it clear basketball was his sport. But I'd call Jordan a MUCH better athlete, training ahead of his time as well.

It's been 12+ years I think since Tebow took a competitive at bat in any league. Can't think of any athlete ever to make it into the MLB with a break that long. My guess is he's a long ways from where he was when he was in high school.

I would love to see Tebow succeed, but would put the chances lower than him finding a starting gig in the NFL, pretty much not worthy of paying attention.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No idea who was the better player in high-school... Jordan pitched something like 45 straight shutout innings in high-school. He was recruited for baseball as well but made it clear basketball was his sport. But I'd call Jordan a MUCH better athlete, training ahead of his time as well.

It's been 12+ years I think since Tebow took a competitive at bat in any league. Can't think of any athlete ever to make it into the MLB with a break that long. My guess is he's a long ways from where he was when he was in high school.

I would love to see Tebow succeed, but would put the chances lower than him finding a starting gig in the NFL, pretty much not worthy of paying attention.

See you're going into this thing thinking that MLB is success for Tebow. With his age AA or possibly AAA is the ceiling if he makes it. He's too old for any MLB franchise to give him the minimum just to sell tickets.

I guess I couldn't say who was the better player but from what I've heard Tebow was a solid player. Not taking at bats is overrated, if Tebow is to have any shot he doesn't need to go to AA like Jordan did where he blew balls for 3/4 of the year. A ball would be an ideal landing spot for him as 95% of the pitchers have one good pitch and are working on other pitches just as Tebow would be trying to adjust.

Either he should be able to sink or swim with it. Worst thing is he ends up sucking like how Russell Wilson did but proves to himself he can't make it. It's his life, I just say let him try. He's not disrespecting the game anymore than the old guys in A ball or AAA who are only there to field a team.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See you're going into this thing thinking that MLB is success for Tebow. With his age AA or possibly AAA is the ceiling if he makes it. He's too old for any MLB franchise to give him the minimum just to sell tickets.

I guess I couldn't say who was the better player but from what I've heard Tebow was a solid player. Not taking at bats is overrated, if Tebow is to have any shot he doesn't need to go to AA like Jordan did where he blew balls for 3/4 of the year. A ball would be an ideal landing spot for him as 95% of the pitchers have one good pitch and are working on other pitches just as Tebow would be trying to adjust.

Either he should be able to sink or swim with it. Worst thing is he ends up sucking like how Russell Wilson did but proves to himself he can't make it. It's his life, I just say let him try. He's not disrespecting the game anymore than the old guys in A ball or AAA who are only there to field a team.

Well yes I am considering MLB his sign for success. I don't think he is going into this with the goal of being a minor league player making $11k a year. Even being a decent AA guy I think is nearly impossible for him to be honest.

And I fully agree on the last part. No problem at all with him trying and I'd go watch him and wear one of my Tebow jerseys if he played near me.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I've just been listening to talk shows and stuff who think him getting to the MLB is the only success and in my eyes to be a success is becoming an everyday player regardless of level. I just wish people would realize that the bigs isn't realistic as 1% of pro ball players make it that far. Just the way detractors make it sound as though if he isn't Mike Trout he is a bust.

I see him as a dedicated person who could surpass what Jordan turned himself into and if he actually dedicates himself 100% he can be better than Russell Wilson..those are the only two celebrities I could think of.

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, interesting note, his first pass as a pro QB was a TD. All he does is win.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tebow trying TE now

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many 34 year old TEs are there that aren't either elite blockers or HOF-caliber pass catchers?

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Here we go again.

Does any team other than Jacksonville (for obvious reasons) make this move?

As a Jags fan.....

Fuck Yes GIF by memecandy