• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Teams trying to bubble up for Non-Conf after Thanksgiving.

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If I was doing it I would have all the preconference tournament teams (Like Maui, BFA, etc) Bubble up together and instead of playing a tournament you play every other team once.

For example: The 8 Maui teams would bubble together and play each other once giving each team 7 non conference games.

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If I was doing it I would have all the preconference tournament teams (Like Maui, BFA, etc) Bubble up together and instead of playing a tournament you play every other team once.

For example: The 8 Maui teams would bubble together and play each other once giving each team 7 non conference games.

PAC12 and Ivy League I think have already backed out of fall. Others too I think. Horizon league.

I think best scenario is what you mention in January and then perhaps a truncated conference schedule ... also in a bubble. Scrap the conference tourneys, and go straight to the NCAA tourney.

If you can't keep college kids in a bubble for 2 months, then try to do the home/away games, but it's going to be a mess. The odds of it collapsing will go up exponentially.

The goal is to get to the tournament in late March.

The NBA has shown us that not only is three weeks in a bubble possible, the odds of it working are good. And the bigwigs will do everything possible not to miss out on two NCAA tournaments, that would be financially devastating. Everybody wants this to happen.

The key is to get to March intact. Then ... things have a good chance of turning out well.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Theres no reason kids cant play in a bubble all season and do online learning. The NCAA needs there to be a tourney or a lot of these schools wont have athletic programs left

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Theres no reason kids cant play in a bubble all season and do online learning. The NCAA needs there to be a tourney or a lot of these schools wont have athletic programs left

Going to be hard to keep 18-22 yr kids in a bubble for 2 months. My thought is since a typical college basketball schedule is 2 games per week to 'work around travel and classes', condense that.

12-14 conference games played at NBA pace, in a bubble. 6-7 games every 2 weeks. Within 4 weeks, your conference slate could be done.

Have them make up the classwork remotely when they can, or after March.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going to be hard to keep 18-22 yr kids in a bubble for 2 months. My thought is since a typical college basketball schedule is 2 games per week to 'work around travel and classes', condense that.

12-14 conference games played at NBA pace, in a bubble. 6-7 games every 2 weeks. Within 4 weeks, your conference slate could be done.

Have them make up the classwork remotely when they can, or after March.
I dont mind that but honestly you probably need at least 18-20 games if you want a legit tourney imo