• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Teams facing a QB crisis

QuestionSocratic

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my opinion, more than half the NFL teams are facing an impending QB crisis. And this includes six playoff teams.

The Saints, Colts, Steelers, Redskins, Bears and Bucs will have unsettled off seasons planning on who will be their QB next season (well maybe the Bucs have another year of Brady). Two years from now, all six will almost certainly have new guys taking snaps.

Other teams that don't have problems today, must be feeling the heat for a year or two down the road include the Lions, Falcons, Raiders and Vikes. Teams like the Broncos and Panthers aren't on solid ground with their starters. I'm not confident the Eagles or Giants are set for the long run. And Tua hasn't convinced me he's the answer for the Dolphins.

Then there are the teams that are in crisis right now. The Jags, Pats and Niners need immediate help. IMO the Jets probably have a quality QB in Darnold but are a complete disaster elsewhere. No QB change will do that team any good.

The Cowboys are unique in that they have Dak and the power to solve the problem. It's just a question of if they will.

So that should make for an interesting draft and off-season.

Wild cards: could Andrew Luck be tempted to return to the Colts and will a team trade for Darnold.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steelers will likely look to extend Ben this offseason or some other cap wizardry. His cap hit next year is $40m or something close to that. Pretty outrageous.

But yea once Ben hangs em up... Its going to get ugly. Suddenly people are putting faith in Mason Rudolph but that seems misguided at the moment. I’d need to see more from him before I felt comfortable.

Still have to revamp the O-line and get a real offensive coordinator before anyone stands a real chance at succeeding Ben.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing I'm pretty much sure is Andrew Luck will not come back. He made his money and his body was breaking down. No reason to risk further injury now being out for 2 yrs.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big Ben will be back next year I'm sure. Rivers has made it clear he wants to be back, it's just a question of if the Colts want him back or if they want to trade for Wentz. Brady for sure is going to be back.

So yeah that does leave the Saints, Redskins & Bears looking for a new QB. Bears and Redskins will probably sign someone washed like Newton. Saints will be interesting to see. I could see them being aggressive trading up for a QB that slips in the draft outside of the top 10.

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russell Wilson. Patrick Mahomes and Aaron Rodgers the elite now.

Then everyone else.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big Ben will be back next year I'm sure. Rivers has made it clear he wants to be back, it's just a question of if the Colts want him back or if they want to trade for Wentz. Brady for sure is going to be back.

So yeah that does leave the Saints, Redskins & Bears looking for a new QB. Bears and Redskins will probably sign someone washed like Newton. Saints will be interesting to see. I could see them being aggressive trading up for a QB that slips in the draft outside of the top 10.
Big Ben should retire, If I'm the Steelers coaching staff, I'm not only drafting a qb but tell everyone it is open competition for the starting quarterback position