• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Teams calling about Wentz

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,796.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Went actually started every game last season except he stunk badly that he was benched last three games. It was not due to injury.
I know and I think he can revive his career somewhere since he's still relatively young.

Probably Indy.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are a LOT of Wentz rumors gaining steam. It looks like most NFL people think the Eagles will be able to trade him for a first and a second or similar type of compensation, but likely a mid to late first rounder, not a top 10 pick--if they choose to take the offers.

I'd do it. I think there is a lot of water under the bridge with Wentz and both sides need to move on. Start Hurts for a season and see if he looks like he can be the guy. If not, well you need to rebuild anyway.

Center Ice

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,004.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are a LOT of Wentz rumors gaining steam. It looks like most NFL people think the Eagles will be able to trade him for a first and a second or similar type of compensation, but likely a mid to late first rounder, not a top 10 pick--if they choose to take the offers.

I'd do it. I think there is a lot of water under the bridge with Wentz and both sides need to move on. Start Hurts for a season and see if he looks like he can be the guy. If not, well you need to rebuild anyway.
roflbot.jpg

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ESPN's Tim McManus reports the Eagles have "already received aggressive offers" for Carson Wentz.​

The Eagles have been fielding trade calls for Wentz, with the Colts showing the most interest. It's not a surprise given Wentz's ties to Frank Reich, but Philly's asking price — they reportedly want "significant compensation" for Wentz — is going to make any deal difficult coming off a season where Wentz played like one of the worst quarterbacks in the league. The Eagles likely want a first-round pick to justify taking the $30 million dead cap hit to trade Wentz. Even with Doug Pederson fired, Wentz has made it clear he wants out of Philly.

There is no way the eagles are getting a 1st for him.
Sounds like they will be stuck with him, because no one is going to give them their asking price.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ESPN's Tim McManus reports the Eagles have "already received aggressive offers" for Carson Wentz.​

The Eagles have been fielding trade calls for Wentz, with the Colts showing the most interest. It's not a surprise given Wentz's ties to Frank Reich, but Philly's asking price — they reportedly want "significant compensation" for Wentz — is going to make any deal difficult coming off a season where Wentz played like one of the worst quarterbacks in the league. The Eagles likely want a first-round pick to justify taking the $30 million dead cap hit to trade Wentz. Even with Doug Pederson fired, Wentz has made it clear he wants out of Philly.

Sounds like they will be stuck with him, because no one is going to give them their asking price.
If they've received "aggressive offers" then they should have aggressively accepted by now. Most expect that the Colts are the most likely landing spot, but it's pretty clear from all the smoke that the Eagles want too much for their backup QB.

Center Ice

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,004.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

wigflip-saywhat.jpg

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles shoulda kept Foles, they had a special chemistry with that guy, and chemistry is hard to find...

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wentz to the bears rumors BIG TIME RIGHT NOW........supposed top offer on the table...........

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll see what they get for him, but the reports suggest a first plus more is likely here.

Da Bears??? I still predict Indy trades for Wentz, but maybe Da Bears bid higher, and throw Big Dick Nick in for good measure?

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where are you seeing this?

Jokes aside this dude seems to be fanning the flames, some Bears podcaster? I doubt he has any actual sources. But...it's the kind of thing Da Bears would do, isn't it?

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll see what they get for him, but the reports suggest a first plus more is likely here.

Da Bears??? I still predict Indy trades for Wentz, but maybe Da Bears bid higher, and throw Big Dick Nick in for good measure?

ballard says hes not pulling the trigger today if hes doing anything, so if it happens today, its not the colts.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This Eagles beat writer, who is not sensationalistic at all and pretty reliable, says he hears a trade is close

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carr is a borderline top 10-12 QB in the League. He had his best season passing the ball.

67.3%, 256ypg, 7.9ypa, 27 TD's, 9 INT's. That would have made the Bears or WFT, heck even the 49ers a lot better than they actually were this past season.

No rookie is giving you that.
He was better this year when pushed by Gruden bringing in Mariota and Carr was pretty good in 16 or whatever it was until he broke his leg but in between, he's been pretty mediocre. I don't think Derek is awful. It's just that we've seen enough to believe he will never be elite. And top 12ish for 1 season out of 5 doesn't scream multiple firsts. That's just how I see it though. He is a far cry better than Wentz imo, though so there's that going for him. Anyway, cheers DJ, I would rather see you guys get Watson than an NFC team.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This Eagles beat writer, who is not sensationalistic at all and pretty reliable, says he hears a trade is close

imagine building your coaching staff around "fixing wentz", then trading wentz.