• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Team MVPs, ROY

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's fair to say that despite an ok record of 8-8 and postseason appearance, it really was very much a disappointing season for us Bear fans. Still, there were some players worthy of note and of course worthy of the LSD Awards. So without further adieu:

Offensive MVP: Allen Robinson. What a shame that our best offensive player may have suited up for the last time as a Chicago Bear. His most productive year since the '15 season with the Jags.
Honorable Mention: David Montgomery. If he played all year long like he did the back half of the season, Monty might have ended up as the team's OMVP.

Defensive MVP: Roquan Smith. Not only the DMVP, but the overall team MVP as well. Monster season, only to be insulted by not being named to the PB.
Honorable Mention: Kyle Fuller. The only reason Fuller didn't post flashy numbers this year is because teams largely avoided throwing his way. And understated season by an underrated player.

ROY: Darnell Mooney. 5th round pick who put in a 1st round performance. He clearly established himself as the #2 WR almost right out of the gate.
Honorable Mention: Jaylon Johnson. The kid was tested big time all year long and more often than not held his own. A shame that an injury prematurely ended his season.

If you think others deserved the above awards, feel free to state your case. No such thing as a bad opinion here.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would swap Mooney and Johnson. You realize Johnson led the entire league (not just rookies) in pass break ups before his injury? He had a much larger impact than Mooney.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would swap Mooney and Johnson. You realize Johnson led the entire league (not just rookies) in pass break ups before his injury? He had a much larger impact than Mooney.

i concur.

Mooney turned out to be a great pick though. I remember some of the regulars on this board hated this pick.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No argument from me. Of the three categories, the ROY was the hardest one for me to select.