• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Team Assessment...

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, it's about the midway point and I am looking over my team and have to shift a little in my thinking the past couple of weeks with injuries and underperformances. I wanted to type it all out and figure out what I should be focusing on the next couple of weeks.

Redraft, 12 teams, PPR with bonus points for long TDs. Start QB, 2 RBs, 2 WRs, TE, R/W/T, K, P, 7 IDPs, and 7 bench. We are going by all play record to determine playoff seeding, then a 6 team playoffs with the top 2 teams getting a bye. Going into this week, I was in 2nd place overall and 1 game back from 1st. 3rd place is 2 games behind me and 4th place is 8.

I also have to mention that this is on Fantrax, so these standings may or may not be correct, but it is all I have to go on now.

QB - Goff, Burrow
RB - Cook, AJones, Gaskin, Swift, Singletary, Chase Edmonds
WR - OBJ, ARob, Woods, Boyd, Mike Williams
TE - Hurst

I was thinking that I could spare one of my bench RBs and a starting WR to try to improve my TE or get a bona fide QB. I wanted Singletary to be that bench RB, but his value is a little better than a flaming bag of shit right now. The guy who has Zack Moss could be interested and he has Mattison, who I tried to trade for a couple of weeks before Cook got hurt. His team is 2nd to last right now and doesn't have much hope, so he may have absolutely no motivation to make a move. But maybe a straight up Singletary for Mattison deal may be worth it for me to have security if he even goes for that?

The guy with Kittle is sitting in 9th place and was talking like he didn't have much hope for getting back into it, but he is a solid manager and I think he knows better. We have been lightly chatting about a deal for Kittle and I think he wants a RB, WR and would want Hurst in a package for Kittle. Again, it doesn't look like Singletary has enough value to be part of that package now. He does have Drake, so maybe Edmonds is enough to be a part of it without having to include another RB.

There is a guy who has Russ Wilson and Ertz and he is dead last. I hit him up last week and asked about Wilson and he didn't respond, but he is probably busy. He's not the type to ignore trade talk.

A couple of names on the wire that are interesting...

QB - Tanny, Wentz, Teddy B.

Tanny jumps out obviously, but his schedule gets a little tougher in the next couple of weeks. Wentz is inconsistent, but should be getting some healthy weapons back soon. Bridgewater could be interesting. He should be getting McCaffrey back and has been decent. But is he better than what I have?

RB - Jamal Williams, Hyde, Perine, Gallman, Justin Jackson

Jamal would be my cuff to AJones and he is who I am leaning towards right now when I drop Odell. Perine could win the permanent job with the Jets, but what is that worth? The others look like temporary holders until the starter gets healthy and probably wouldn't start over my other guys.

WR - Crowder, Jeudy, Tim Patrick, Ruggs, Higgins, Shenault, Keelan Cole, Randall Cobb

Crowder is the other name I am considering when I drop Odell. I feel like I may have to use a wire move if I want Crowder, where Jamal Williams could probably fly under the radar or get picked up, then dropped when it is Jones comes back. Not sure how I feel about any Jax WR right now with the uncertainty at QB. Feel the same about the Broncos WRs, not so much the uncertainty there, but inconsistency. Higgins makes sense as a replacement for Odell, since he is pretty much, the replacement for Odell.

TE - Robert Tonyan, Irv Smith

Tonyan was banged up yesterday, so not sure what to make of his quiet day. Irv Smith had a couple of decent games before the bye, after being asleep for the first couple weeks of the season. Could they use the bye week to draw up some plays to involve him a little more in the offense? I read somewhere that he was on his way to overtaking Rudolph as the TE threat to watch up there in Minnesota. Are either of those guys better than Hurst moving forward?

Like I said, I am doing pretty good in this league and I like my depth, which is very much needed to make a run, imo. Odell's injury doesn't hurt me all that much because of that depth, although, if I do decide to make a deal, it would leave me a little thinner at WR than I would like. But I could keep chugging along and be fine. I don't know. What do you guys think?

As always, any input is appreciated.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't trade assets for a QB in your situation. Might drop Goff and grab Tannehill.

Offer Edmonds, Williams and Hurst... for Kittle and a WR?
yes

Not sure that WR waiver list is anything to settle down on. I thought Higgins was gonna be decent this year... didn't think he'd need injuries to find his way onto the field. That said, not sure I'd rush to get him.

I think though, I would focus less on getting that Kittle TE, and more so on getting a solid WR1. Easier said than done... and certainly depends on what WR the Kittle owner has.

I bailed on Hurst, so I'm a hypocrite, but he is decent enough and more likely to have production than Tonyan with Adams on the field.

:2cents:

speaking of which, as a Mike Evans owner, I might be less reluctant to move him after his curious usage most of the season. Could be a buy low option.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jamal wlliams is a must get for you...

I would do anything I could to trade singletary… package him with any of your WRs to get a better WR...

Your TE is weak, but unless you trade for a stud, you can survive a weak TE... 9 other teams are doing that too...

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, it's about the midway point and I am looking over my team and have to shift a little in my thinking the past couple of weeks with injuries and underperformances. I wanted to type it all out and figure out what I should be focusing on the next couple of weeks.

Redraft, 12 teams, PPR with bonus points for long TDs. Start QB, 2 RBs, 2 WRs, TE, R/W/T, K, P, 7 IDPs, and 7 bench. We are going by all play record to determine playoff seeding, then a 6 team playoffs with the top 2 teams getting a bye. Going into this week, I was in 2nd place overall and 1 game back from 1st. 3rd place is 2 games behind me and 4th place is 8.

I also have to mention that this is on Fantrax, so these standings may or may not be correct, but it is all I have to go on now.

QB - Goff, Burrow
TE - Hurst

I was thinking that I could spare one of my bench RBs and a starting WR to try to improve my TE or get a bona fide QB. I wanted Singletary to be that bench RB, but his value is a little better than a flaming bag of shit right now. The guy who has Zack Moss could be interested and he has Mattison, who I tried to trade for a couple of weeks before Cook got hurt. His team is 2nd to last right now and doesn't have much hope, so he may have absolutely no motivation to make a move. But maybe a straight up Singletary for Mattison deal may be worth it for me to have security if he even goes for that?

The guy with Kittle is sitting in 9th place and was talking like he didn't have much hope for getting back into it, but he is a solid manager and I think he knows better. We have been lightly chatting about a deal for Kittle and I think he wants a RB, WR and would want Hurst in a package for Kittle. Again, it doesn't look like Singletary has enough value to be part of that package now. He does have Drake, so maybe Edmonds is enough to be a part of it without having to include another RB.

There is a guy who has Russ Wilson and Ertz and he is dead last. I hit him up last week and asked about Wilson and he didn't respond, but he is probably busy. He's not the type to ignore trade talk.

Tanny jumps out obviously, but his schedule gets a little tougher in the next couple of weeks. Wentz is inconsistent, but should be getting some healthy weapons back soon. Bridgewater could be interesting. He should be getting McCaffrey back and has been decent. But is he better than what I have?

Jamal would be my cuff to AJones and he is who I am leaning towards right now when I drop Odell. Perine could win the permanent job with the Jets, but what is that worth? The others look like temporary holders until the starter gets healthy and probably wouldn't start over my other guys.

WR - Crowder, Jeudy, Tim Patrick, Ruggs, Higgins, Shenault, Keelan Cole, Randall Cobb

Crowder is the other name I am considering when I drop Odell. I feel like I may have to use a wire move if I want Crowder, where Jamal Williams could probably fly under the radar or get picked up, then dropped when it is Jones comes back. Not sure how I feel about any Jax WR right now with the uncertainty at QB. Feel the same about the Broncos WRs, not so much the uncertainty there, but inconsistency. Higgins makes sense as a replacement for Odell, since he is pretty much, the replacement for Odell.

Tonyan was banged up yesterday, so not sure what to make of his quiet day. Irv Smith had a couple of decent games before the bye, after being asleep for the first couple weeks of the season. Could they use the bye week to draw up some plays to involve him a little more in the offense? I read somewhere that he was on his way to overtaking Rudolph as the TE threat to watch up there in Minnesota. Are either of those guys better than Hurst moving forward?

Like I said, I am doing pretty good in this league and I like my depth, which is very much needed to make a run, imo. Odell's injury doesn't hurt me all that much because of that depth, although, if I do decide to make a deal, it would leave me a little thinner at WR than I would like. But I could keep chugging along and be fine. I don't know. What do you guys think?

I like your roster. Picking up Jamaal Williams is a no brainier since you own A. Jones IMO. I would offer Edmonds and Hurst for Kittle, might work especially since he owns Drake. If that doesn't work you could expand the package as TKO suggested.
Singltary for Mattison is worth a try and I'd make that offer IDK if it would get accepted but you got nothing to lose making the offer.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

QB - Goff, Burrow
TE - Hurst

Drop Goff for Wentz. Drop OBJ for Crowder. Drop Mike Williams for Jamaal Williams. I'm assuming that you only need to start 2 WR's. And then you can try your trades for Mattison and Kittle.

I like Wentz over Burrow ROS. Burrow did great yesterday, but both of his good games have been against Cleveland, and I think you can count on Wentz for more fantasy production. Burrow does have a rushing TD in 3 of 7 games this season, but Wentz has a rushing TD in 5 of 7 games. Wentz has about 20 pounds over Burrow. Also, if you make the playoffs, Wentz has better matchups in Weeks 15 and 16.

You do have the problem that Wentz and Burrow are both on bye on Week 9. And Goff's bye is also Week 9.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd definitely drop Goff for Tannehill. Schedule doesn't bother me. He's basically been a top level fantasy QB since taking over the job. Even if you do run into a super tough match up, Burrow (or someone else on the wire) should be there to get you through that week.

Depending on his long term injury diagnosis, I'd pick up Tonyan (drop OBJ obviously). But explore a TE trade first.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd definitely drop Goff for Tannehill. Schedule doesn't bother me. He's basically been a top level fantasy QB since taking over the job. Even if you do run into a super tough match up, Burrow (or someone else on the wire) should be there to get you through that week.

Depending on his long term injury diagnosis, I'd pick up Tonyan (drop OBJ obviously). But explore a TE trade first.

I really love Wentz over Tannehill. Wentz has had 40 or more pass attempts in 5 of Philly's 7 games. And he's also a big part of their goal line running plays.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really love Wentz over Tannehill. Wentz has had 40 or more pass attempts in 5 of Philly's 7 games. And he's also a big part of their goal line running plays.

Cowboys on deck... certainly a great option.

Wentz/Tanny over Burrow/Goff, could actually be a double grab. Burrow coming off a huge game certainly doesn't scream drop though.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His team...

QB - Josh Allen
RB - Jacobs, Bell, David Johnson, Mattison, Moss
WR - Tyreek, Marquise Brown, Chark, HIlton, Desean Jackson, Anthony Miller
TE - Jared Cook

How do you guys feel about ARob and Singletary for Tyreek and Mattison? Should I start with Woods and Singletary 1st and go up from there?

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His team...

QB - Josh Allen
RB - Jacobs, Bell, David Johnson, Mattison, Moss
WR - Tyreek, Marquise Brown, Chark, HIlton, Desean Jackson, Anthony Miller
TE - Jared Cook

How do you guys feel about ARob and Singletary for Tyreek and Mattison? Should I start with Woods and Singletary 1st and go up from there?

Downgrading Hill to get Singletary in his mix makes no sense for him. Maybe ARob isn't such a big downgrade some may say, and even if so, it still doesn't make sense. It's basically trading Hill for Arob.

He probably sees a benefit in doing a Singletary for Mattison swap. I would do that straight up if your WR talks fall flat.

Adding a 1st?... now it makes a little more sense for him. (I would try Boyd, Woods then ARob).

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Downgrading Hill to get Singletary in his mix makes no sense for him. Maybe ARob isn't such a big downgrade some may say, and even if so, it still doesn't make sense. It's basically trading Hill for Arob.

He probably sees a benefit in doing a Singletary for Mattison swap. I would do that straight up if your WR talks fall flat.

Adding a 1st?... now it makes a little more sense for him. (I would try Boyd, Woods then ARob).
Can't do draft picks. Redraft league.

I'm about to have a couple of beers with the guy who owns Kittle, so I think we will be talking. News just came out that Drake will be out for a few weeks, so Edmonds value just shot up.

His team...

QB - Cam, Ryan
RB - CEH, Drake, Akers, Kelley, Lindsay
WR - AJ Brown, DK Metcalf, McLaurin, Fulgham, Gallup
TE - KIttle, Hockenson

You think Edmonds, Singletary and Hurst are enough?

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't do draft picks. Redraft league.

I'm about to have a couple of beers with the guy who owns Kittle, so I think we will be talking. News just came out that Drake will be out for a few weeks, so Edmonds value just shot up.

His team...

QB - Cam, Ryan
RB - CEH, Drake, Akers, Kelley, Lindsay
WR - AJ Brown, DK Metcalf, McLaurin, Fulgham, Gallup
TE - KIttle, Hockenson

You think Edmonds, Singletary and Hurst are enough?

as the Drake owner, it is probably enough... although I think Singletary better fits straight up for Mattison... not sure he's "icing" in this Kittle deal.

maybe Kittle/Drake for Swift and Hurst?

or maybe beers work :)

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He just offered Kittle for Swift and Edmonds

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want him to add something but not sure what. Akers? Maybe a WR upgrade? Shoot for him adding Brown and maybe me adding Woods?

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want him to add something but not sure what. Akers? Maybe a WR upgrade? Shoot for him adding Brown and maybe me adding Woods?

shoot...DK might be "easier" after his dud... (doubt he's willing to move either)

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
shoot...DK might be "easier" after his dud... (doubt he's willing to move either)
Yeah... he loves both of them. But he also really likes Boyd. Edmonds and Swift for Kittle is not a bad offer, really. But their ceilings could be huge. I think adding Akers helps take that sting out. I think I will shoot for the stars with a WR swap, then settling for adding Akers won't phase him.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Made the offer with Boyd. He's pondering. Makes me think he would go for it if I do ARob instead of Boyd. Maybe Woods, especially if he has a good game tonight. I think I would do it with Robinson. I'm going to find out if he will do it with Boyd and Metcalf, though, before we get to Robinson.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QB - Goff, Burrow
TE - Hurst
Redraft league.
I think you can ride your WR productively (minus OBJ of course).
Since it's redraft I would keep Edmonds.
He might be your best RB right now.

ARob's value has taken a hit. If you can move him with a decent return, I would.
:noidea: Sorry, trading is not my strong suit.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He just offered Kittle for Swift and Edmonds
He hasn't declined any of my offers, but he did offer AJ Brown for Edmonds and Swift. I am pondering that.