• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

TCU @ Texas and other Big 12 matchups this Weekend

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TCU @ Texas both come off really big games. I could see this one being pretty sloppy. Unless Texas has found their stride, TCU should roll.

Texas Tech @ Oklahoma State. I'm not sure that Corndog can keep up with Tech, so unless the OSU defense shows up, they can't afford to get into a shootout.

Kansas State @ West Virginia. WVU rained out last weekend. KSU looking pretty awful. WVU probably doesn't have much problem at home.

Akron @ Iowa State. ISU is 0-2 and coming off a game with Oklahoma. Who the fuck knows what's going to happen.

Kansas @ Baylor. It's almost like you have to watch this one to see if that evil alternate captain Kirk universe is real when it comes to the Kansas 55 point game.

Army @ Oklahoma. Might be a trap game coming off Iowa State and looking forward to Baylor.

Winners in Bold
Big 12 wins all those games.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frogs bring my team back to reality:

Frogs 28
UT 10

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It really does look like Clay Helton has lost his team.
Looked a lot like a team trying to lose. But we'll see what Texas does. Maybe it's real.

CorpRebel

Rock-n-Roll
Hoopla Cash
$ 650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looked a lot like a team trying to lose. But we'll see what Texas does. Maybe it's real.

I don't think Helton has really "lost his team" at this point. Looked like the o-line and special teams that were LOST last Saturday! :L

I've been hearing that the practices have been hard core this week. :nod:

Last year we started slow and Texas took them to double OT and USC pulled the win out. They were a scrappy team last year, but last Saturday night Texas dialed it up a few more notches as payback... :tsk:

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TCU @ Texas both come off really big games. I could see this one being pretty sloppy. Unless Texas has found their stride, TCU should roll.

Texas Tech @ Oklahoma State. I'm not sure that Corndog can keep up with Tech, so unless the OSU defense shows up, they can't afford to get into a shootout.

Kansas State @ West Virginia. WVU rained out last weekend. KSU looking pretty awful. WVU probably doesn't have much problem at home.

Akron @ Iowa State. ISU is 0-2 and coming off a game with Oklahoma. Who the fuck knows what's going to happen.

Kansas @ Baylor. It's almost like you have to watch this one to see if that evil alternate captain Kirk universe is real when it comes to the Kansas 55 point game.

Army @ Oklahoma. Might be a trap game coming off Iowa State and looking forward to Baylor.

Winners in Bold
Red Faders and Coach GQ ain't beating the Pokies and Coach Mullett.

Horned Toads are about as unhyped this week as they were hyped last week and have a big ass hangover. Rusty cows pull out the win in a very ugly, "un Big 12 like", poor offensive showing.

I agree with the rest of 'em. Feel sorry for Rhule. He's a good guy. But, he wanted the mess that Baylor was and went into it willingly.

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Red Faders and Coach GQ ain't beating the Pokies and Coach Mullett.

Horned Toads are about as unhyped this week as they were hyped last week and have a big ass hangover. Rusty cows pull out the win in a very ugly, "un Big 12 like", poor offensive showing.

I agree with the rest of 'em. Feel sorry for Rhule. He's a good guy. But, he wanted the mess that Baylor was and went into it willingly.

I kinda feel the same way about Texas/TCU.

TCU was at an emotional high vs OSU snd losing like they did
will have an affect on them mentally. But Texas rallied and won
an emotional game also and they won it going away. They could
have a let down.

We'll see who has what left in the tank. I imagine the TCU players
want to beat Texas more than the other way around, emotionally.

All the Texas schools cherish beating the 'Horns. Could make for
an interesting game.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Winners in Bold

i think OK St beats TT pretty handily by a couple of TD's .... Kansas has a shot against Baylor but I wouldn't bet on it

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[QUOTE

[/QUOTE]

extreme%2Bfight%2Bslap%2Bbattle%2Bpathetic%2Bsmosh.gif

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Osu has won 8 in a row vs Tech.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Helton and the staff were dumb. Their offense is pretty straight forward, so all the issues with playing disciple assignment football weren’t tested.

They decided to blitz a mobile QB and leave 1 on 1 coverage with 2 guys 6’5” or taller and 1 guy that runs 4.4. No need to test a QB that has been slow to process secondary coverages

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kinda feel the same way about Texas/TCU.

TCU was at an emotional high vs OSU snd losing like they did
will have an affect on them mentally. But Texas rallied and won
an emotional game also and they won it going away. They could
have a let down.

We'll see who has what left in the tank. I imagine the TCU players
want to beat Texas more than the other way around, emotionally.

All the Texas schools cherish beating the 'Horns. Could make for
an interesting game.
Yeah, I'm a believer that WHEN you play an opponent is often the most important thing. Tere are some teams that have three/four difficult games in a row. Others have lesser teams sandwiched in there for a break. But, those are traps at times too.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I might regret it but Im takin KState and the points.
Do I think we win? Yes

But the Wizard vs our defense...

i think he can keep our offense off the field enough to keep it within 10-13.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I might regret it but Im takin KState and the points.
Do I think we win? Yes

But the Wizard vs our defense...

i think he can keep our offense off the field enough to keep it within 10-13.
But you are catching old coach early. His teams seem to get better as the year progresses. They'll have to play defense with their offense to have a shot. I don't see them stopping you guys. You won't score if you stop yourself...and/or if K-State plays keep away.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But you are catching old coach early. His teams seem to get better as the year progresses. They'll have to play defense with their offense to have a shot. I don't see them stopping you guys. You won't score if you stop yourself...and/or if K-State plays keep away.
I get what you are saying but our defense looked very mediocre at best vs Youngstown State after a decent performance against UT. We have problems at LB due to injuries and our DB’s were going to be a concern in the best of scenarios.

KState has had games to get better and they have better players than YSU and a better OL than the Vols.

We are going to have to be very efficient on offense. I think we can be based on what I’ve seen so far but our defense and special teams units are very vulnerable right now. We need a LOT of development and players to step up in both of those phases and I guarantee ya Snyder knows that.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Snyder always jumps up and knocks off somebody he shouldn't.
Lets hope it's West Virginia and get it out of the way.