• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Taylor released and Beeler re-signed to PS

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maiocco's twitter.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
what MIGHT we get from this? Snyder has taken over RG so they need another back-up C "just in case"?

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Beeler was cut to make room for another WR when Morgan went down.

After signing a WR to the active roster, Taylor was expendable so Beeler's back on.

luckyluke22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I figure they like Beeler and wanna groom him to replace Goodwin, who may have 1-2 yrs left in him. Allowing Beeler to bulk up and get acquainted with the game. He was at Stanford and was an All American right? So in Harbaugh I trust.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regarding Chase Beeler ... The 49ers re-signed him to the practice squad this week in part because another team wanted to sign the former Stanford center to their 53-man roster. The 49ers like Beeler and feel that he will only get better after gaining strength during their off-season program. The feeling is mutual. Beeler didn't sign with the team that was pursing him - his agent declined to reveal that team - because he felt his long-tern prospects were best in San Francisco.

Read more: 49ers Blog and Q&A: 49ers set to emerge from bye week in good health

Now that is very interesting. You don't see that very often, someone turning down a spot on the 53-man roster for a practice squad spot with the 49ers. Although, I guess he felt the other team had no interest him after the season.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that is very interesting. You don't see that very often, someone turning down a spot on the 53-man roster for a practice squad spot with the 49ers. Although, I guess he felt the other team had no interest him after the season.

That's a pretty sizable financial risk the guy is taking on...very interesting indeed. The force is strong in this Harbaugh! Fail, he cannot!