• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Taylor Hall: Early Impressions

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'll be the first to admit that I have seen him actually play very little (besides the highlight videos), but holy shit is he fast. Craziest part is he barely looks like he has to try to be the fastest man on the ice.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be the first to admit that I have seen him actually play very little (besides the highlight videos), but holy shit is he fast. Craziest part is he barely looks like he has to try to be the fastest man on the ice.
Just pre season but that was a pretty goal vs the rangers. I was also very impressed with Bennet. If he can stay healthy . That trade may be a steal.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just pre season but that was a pretty goal vs the rangers. I was also very impressed with Bennet. If he can stay healthy . That trade may be a steal.

Always been his issue. He has skill, but anytime the wind blows he gets hurt. Live in Pittsburgh and know he was very frustrating player for my friends who are Pens fans...if he can overcome his china doll status, he'll be a steal for sure

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think one of them shopped a pic of Bennett in a full body cast , the cup and a devils balloon. Let's hope he's a piece to a cup. I'll look for the pic

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think one of them shopped a pic of Bennett in a full body cast , the cup and a devils balloon. Let's hope he's a piece to a cup. I'll look for the pic

This one was good as well from Cup parade.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Beau Bennett had his own truck for the parade <a href="Lowell Murray on Twitter">pic.twitter.com/UZlA8dLaD7</a></p>&mdash; Lowell Murray (@pghguyinva) <a href="">June 15, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This one was good as well from Cup parade.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Beau Bennett had his own truck for the parade <a href="Lowell Murray on Twitter">pic.twitter.com/UZlA8dLaD7</a></p>&mdash; Lowell Murray (@pghguyinva) <a href="">June 15, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
This one was retweeted by Beau Bennett. He's got a sense of humor too. Hoping the change of scenery is what he needed to get on track.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im liking that hall line a lot. And from what i've read Schneider loves the pace of play the devils are showing. I don't think we are going to see the slower more defensive minded devils we are used too. And they are only going to get faster as more of the draft picks crack the lineup. McLeod is a gem and Gignac has a ton of speed talent and potential. That is only going to grow with his role increased this year in juniors

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Hall is really good. Besides the goal, he also set up the Bennet goal with a nice pass.
How about Zacha? You can see the skill he has on that goal. Little stickhandling, froze the goaltender, quick shot placed perfectly off the post.

The Bennet pics in this thread are funny

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hall is really good. Besides the goal, he also set up the Bennet goal with a nice pass.
How about Zacha? You can see the skill he has on that goal. Little stickhandling, froze the goaltender, quick shot placed perfectly off the post.

The Bennet pics in this thread are funny
His sense of humor is on par with his skill set. If his health holds up with the change of scenery.And what we have seen from him on the Hall line so far. While the Hall trade is looking like a steal at the moment. The Bennet trade may have been extremely under rated. I also agree Im liking what Zacha has shown as well. He's ready and going to be a lot of fun to watch. Quenville may not be too far off either. This is a young fast skilled team. I'm very impressed with what Shero has done. I was expecting a long rebuild. But he's built a very exciting team. And its only getting better. The farm system is looking amazing. Its nice to be excited about devils hockey again isn't it?

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Agree. Can't wait for season to start. The Bennett deal is low risk. 1 year deal. The guy can play, lets just hope he stays out of the hospitals and doctor offices this season
I liked what I saw in Auvitu so far too.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. Can't wait for season to start. The Bennett deal is low risk. 1 year deal. The guy can play, lets just hope he stays out of the hospitals and doctor offices this season
I liked what I saw in Auvitu so far too.
I agree low risk trade with a hih potential ceiling. If the devils continue to play Bennet on the Hall line. It could be very high reward. Hall's ability to score goals has always impressed me. His playmaking ability. And the way he raises the level of play of those around him has that trade looking even more impressive. As much as Hall loved Edmonton and he did do a lot for the community. I think this change of scenery may elevate his game even further. Before the trade my expectations were low. But now they may very well have a legitimate shot at the play offs. I have to give Shero a lot of respect. What he has done hasn't just had an impact on this season already. But the future has a ton of potential to be extremely bright. Its going to be very interesting to see how everything pans out as the season starts. But it looks like the Devils aren't just moving in the right direction. But they look to be making huge strides

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
loved the bennett trade from the get go. they obviously know him very well and know what hes capable of and believe in him enough to trade a #2 for him so right there i have faith in the deal. some nj tap water will be the cure all for him this season.

15g-25a from him this year.

hall is a monster and only 24!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
did we lose out on this deal? larrson has been pretty solid and will probably put up career #s there. hall still is having a really good year almost a point a game but hes clearly being hurt by the lack of talent on this roster

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
did we lose out on this deal? larrson has been pretty solid and will probably put up career #s there. hall still is having a really good year almost a point a game but hes clearly being hurt by the lack of talent on this roster

I think it was a good trade for both. Give Zacha a year under his belt and I think we see much better numbers next year.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we definitely did not lose this trade....

NJ needed offense/talent more so than defense(ironic in typing that)

been saying for years that NJ/EDM were good matchups for a trade.

What hurts, is the lack of help/talent to accommodate and help excel Hall's.