• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Taylor Decker

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Draft Breakdown is gone unfortunately. It was damn nice being able to find so many vids in one place. The last couple years i've just been using youtube and this

Which one is this?

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After Thomas, you're venturing down a road of guys who are limited athletically, don't belong on the left side, or don't have enough experience at the CFB level that proves they're worth a shot.

Bama's LT, Leatherwood, has one year experience at LT. 2019.

Iowa's RT, Wirfs, has mostly been at RT except injury replacement.

Washington LT, Trey Adams, has had some injuries and surgeries I lost count.

Bama's RT, Willis, belongs inside at RG.

want me to go on ?

This class, As A Whole, is WEAK. end of story.

Andrew Thomas Tape

Tristan Wirfs Tape

Trey Adams Tape

Alex Leatherwood Tape

Jedrick Wills Jr. Tape

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need a RT way more than a LT. Heck I would be OK moving Decker to RT if we draft Thomas but if not there are some decent RTs.

It never hurts to protect your franchise player by drafting a CFB LT that has proven his skill set at that level only, to date, but projects to the same side at the NFL whereas you can let said drafted player battle it out with the incumbent.

Of course we need defensive players from the upcoming draft but if the opportunity arises to draft an Elite CFB LT then that's smart business.

I want talented defensive players just as much as anyone on this board does. Furthermore, I rarely look to draft an Offensive player in the 1st round outside of QB or elite OL.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It never hurts to protect your franchise player by drafting a CFB LT that has proven his skill set at that level only, to date, but projects to the same side at the NFL whereas you can let said drafted player battle it out with the incumbent.

Of course we need defensive players from the upcoming draft but if the opportunity arises to draft an Elite CFB LT then that's smart business.

I want talented defensive players just as much as anyone on this board does. Furthermore, I rarely look to draft an Offensive player in the 1st round outside of QB or elite OL.

Same here but we aint winning diddly without Staff. I think everyone would agree with that. He cant keep getting pounded and last an entire season anymore.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like this site but keep in mind that almost all these folks are writers and the few who are not have never been decent scouts or they would be working for a team.

most draft sites are comprised of only writers. nfl.com was one of the limited that had either ex-nfl players or someone who has had limited experience in scouting (i.e. Daniel Jeremiah) doing their analysis for NFL drafts. Mayock and Brooks weren't part of any scouting departments to the best of my recollection.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Draft Breakdown is gone unfortunately. It was damn nice being able to find so many vids in one place. The last couple years i've just been using youtube and this

well, damn it. I loved that Draft Breakdown. Thanks for putting this up. I'll check it out.

appreciate you.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like this site but keep in mind that almost all these folks are writers and the few who are not have never been decent scouts or they would be working for a team.

No thats backwords the scouts want to be the guys on writing and on TV, scouts are an entry level position and don't make squat

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we are picking third. It is not out of the realm that Burrow and Tua go top 2. Hell, maybe even Herbert if he lights up his bowl game as well.

Teams would be completely idiotic to draft Tua in the top 2, yet alone in the top 25, with that hip dislocation. He's already had surgery on both ankles. He's another brittle Hawaiian. Love his mechanics, eyes, ability to read the field, velocity/touch he puts on thrown balls but he's a HUGE risk even 6-8 months down the road.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No thats backwords the scouts want to be the guys on writing and on TV, scouts are an entry level position and don't make squat

I doubt writers make much either. Sure the guys on TV do. But how many of them are there really. Not many.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same here but we aint winning diddly without Staff. I think everyone would agree with that. He cant keep getting pounded and last an entire season anymore.

which is why you draft a player like Thomas in order to protect Stafford. (the highlighted)

I agree we aren't winning without Stafford.

Pass rushers do not solely come from a QB's blind side. They come from anywhere on the defensive LOS or second level LB. Von Miller, Bosa brothers, DeMarcus Lawrence, JJ Watt, Clowney, Clark aren't solely coming off the RDE. You must have talented OT on both sides.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt writers make much either. Sure the guys on TV do. But how many of them are there really. Not many.

The well known ones do guys like Kiper make a ton of money making mocks

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find it absolutely laughable, nearly comical, that some think this team only needs a Chase Young or a CB1 like Okudah (you're only getting one of those two, maybe, at the top) and all the defensive problems are solved or that protecting Stafordf can be done with just any old CFB RT.

BTW, LT Thomas isn't a surefire draft pick either but he's arguably the very best this year.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell, MP doesn't utilize players he has now to pass rush so who is to say he'd even use Chase Young properly.

Yes, the Lions don't have any DE/DL player with the type of talent Young is but I'm stating reality from the defensive plays called and scheme used in these last 29 games. MP doesn't pass rush or pressure the QB much at all.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
which is why you draft a player like Thomas in order to protect Stafford. (the highlighted)

I agree we aren't winning without Stafford.

Pass rushers do not solely come from a QB's blind side. They come from anywhere on the defensive LOS or second level LB. Von Miller, Bosa brothers, DeMarcus Lawrence, JJ Watt, Clowney, Clark aren't solely coming off the RDE. You must have talented OT on both sides.

If you are the Lions the pass rush does not come from anywhere.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find it absolutely laughable, nearly comical, that some think this team only needs a Chase Young or a CB1 like Okudah (you're only getting one of those two, maybe, at the top) and all the defensive problems are solved or that protecting Stafordf can be done with just any old CFB RT.

BTW, LT Thomas isn't a surefire draft pick either but he's arguably the very best this year.

I don't think one guy fixes the defense, but it is a start, and at some point they need to fix it. Even if Lions come out with a top flight RT, the rest of the oline maintains or improves, Kerryon and Hock stay healthy, Golladay continues his growth into a top 5 WR, and nobody else on the offense regresses. This defense will give up more points than we can score.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you are the Lions the pass rush does not come from anywhere.

Exactly.

Drafting Chase Young will be a complete waste of a pick by MP's known on the field product, scheme and play calling.

Thanks for proving my point even when you weren't intending to do so nor would you ever be willing to do so. (sarcasm font excluded. I'd take Young 100/100)

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think one guy fixes the defense, but it is a start, and at some point they need to fix it

1). I'm rarely on board for drafting offense. we needed those picks in Decker/Ragnow and I'm elated with those two.

2). I know you weren't coming across as Young is a solve all. He's desperately needed for this team. He's like no other talent at DE in this entire draft. The point that MP doesn't currently employ a pass rush or pressure or blitz all that much still remains.

3). CFB CB are more in-line to bust no matter how elite they've played collegiately than elite CFB LT and the latter comes with the restriction that they're played more in a Pro-style than say WSU, TTU etc.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1). I'm rarely on board for drafting offense. we needed those picks in Decker/Ragnow and I'm elated with those two.

2). I know you weren't coming across as Young is a solve all. He's desperately needed for this team. He's like no other talent at DE in this entire draft. The point that MP doesn't currently employ a pass rush or pressure or blitz all that much still remains.

3). CFB CB are more in-line to bust no matter how elite they've played collegiately than elite CFB LT and the latter comes with the restriction that they're played more in a Pro-style than say WSU, TTU etc.

I know Simmons probably won't happen because he is not a larger Linebacker, but I think that pick would fix more holes on the defense than any other pick. He fits so many needs. He is the Hill I will die on in this draft.

I like to think that if the Lions mixed in some blitzes that the pass rush would show up, and the secondary would be just fine after we had that. Linebackers are a serious concern though, Simmons adds all the things we lack on the 2nd level.

Not a cure all, but for sure a step in the right direction.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm all in on Chase Young "IF" he's there when we draft.

I'm more on the fence with CB Okudah versus Thomas should Young be drafted ahead of us.

This draft has deep CB talent but I only see a handful that could/should become CB1 types.

You cannot say the same with OT or LT. I'd rather draft an elite talent at LT and let him battle it out with Taylor than draft an elite talent at CB and hope he takes to the extreme learning curve of the NFL.

Anything I've posted regarding these matters are solely my opinion and point of view and have absolutely no bearing on what should be done according to this board.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know Simmons probably won't happen because he is not a larger Linebacker, but I think that pick would fix more holes on the defense than any other pick. He fits so many needs. He is the Hill I will die on in this draft.

and I completely agree with you on this matter, however, like @Stomp stated, MP is totally incapable of having the brains to use a player like Simmons as a chess piece that you have outlined. I agree with your assessment of Simmons.

It's just sad that MP can only find, draft and use players that fit his scheme only, which pretty much means those players are more 1-dimensional than multi-dimensional. jmo. Having players on the defensive LOS and that stay at home and both stop the run first, seal and contain the edge, are more 1-dimensional than multi-dimensional from my viewpoint. There's a lot more to it than that yet I'm already knee deep in a short novel.