• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Taylor Decker

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He at least plays with the kind of IQ and meanstreak combined that I like to see in lineman. He is a bit slow though. If he could get in a little better shape and a little faster he has the lenght to be a good LT

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My buddy is a big Ohio State fan. Told me Decker is a stud.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More I thought about it last night, what killed the Pats in the playoffs? Von Miller. New England suffered greatly at both tackle spots last year. BQ trying to make sure we don't have the same problem.

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PFF's grade:

16. Detroit Lions: Taylor Decker | Grade: D+
Decker is not among the elite tackles in this draft as he does his best work in the running game, but he’s questionable in pass protection. He finished with the No. 22 overall grade in the draft class, but more importantly, his +1.6 pass blocking grade ranked 37th and it’s cause for concern for a first-round offensive tackle. He certainly has the frame and length to develop, but it’s a huge risk in the middle of the first round for a player we saw as more of a late second-round prospect. [emphasis added]. As a power run blocker, Decker is strong, creating movement at the point of attack and fitting well into a power scheme. Ultimately, he has to make major strides in pass protection to warrant the first-round selection.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PFF's grade:

Decker is not among the elite tackles in this draft as he does his best work in the running game, but he’s questionable in pass protection. He finished with the No. 22 overall grade in the draft class, but more importantly, his +1.6 pass blocking grade ranked 37th and it’s cause for concern for a first-round offensive tackle. He certainly has the frame and length to develop, but it’s a huge risk in the middle of the first round for a player we saw as more of a late second-round prospect. [emphasis added]. As a power run blocker, Decker is strong, creating movement at the point of attack and fitting well into a power scheme. Ultimately, he has to make major strides in pass protection to warrant the first-round selection.

Isn't a power scheme what Cooter runs? This line should be strong at the point of attack this season. If things go well, Decker and Warford should be creating nice lanes for AA.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw one analyst opine that Decker will be a better OT in the NFL than Conklin, who went in the Top 10.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If people on this message board would stop quoting PFF I could finally have it out of my life completely. I respect nothing that they right, to the point that if they agree with me I will take a deeper look at my opinion to see what I did wrong.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the very least he will be an upgrade at RT either G position. Possibly the LT of the future if he improves fitness wise.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If people on this message board would stop quoting PFF I could finally have it out of my life completely. I respect nothing that they right, to the point that if they agree with me I will take a deeper look at my opinion to see what I did wrong.

:amen:

They have some decent stats but their opinions tend to be off skewed.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My buddy is a big Ohio State fan. Told me Decker is a stud.

You can't ask a fanboy about a player. It took me 7 years, 2 teams and some benchings to finally realize Chad Henne would never be the solid starter I thought he would be. And I feel like I'm pretty reasonable about Michigan players.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't ask a fanboy about a player. It took me 7 years, 2 teams and some benchings to finally realize Chad Henne would never be the solid starter I thought he would be. And I feel like I'm pretty reasonable about Michigan players.

Michigan hasn't had any real studs from their teams for awhile now. Even though that should be changing soon with Harbaugh in town. Wish he was coaching the Lions instead of the Wolverines though.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan hasn't had any real studs from their teams for awhile now. Even though that should be changing soon with Harbaugh in town. Wish he was coaching the Lions instead of the Wolverines though.

No, he's right where he's supposed to be, in complete control of a college program. Harbaugh in Detroit wouldn't turn out much different than in San Fran.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, he's right where he's supposed to be, in complete control of a college program. Harbaugh in Detroit wouldn't turn out much different than in San Fran.

He surely has some of that Chip syndrome in him.

DetroitFan*

HAS NO FRIENDS!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PFF's grade:

Good thing nobody gives a shit about Pro Football Focus.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scott Dreisbach is running out of time to be the best Michigan QB of the 90's.

But I have faith in him.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harbaugh in Detroit wouldn't turn out much different than in San Fran.

You say that like going to the Super Bowl would be a bad thing.