• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tate Martell

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think Meyer had any influence on him signing with OSU?

:L

Meyer is/was a representative of Ohio St...

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You demonstrated that salaries would increase due to inflation even if they would stay even.

Not my fault you're a dumbass and tried to pretend I said it was the only reason when I in fact said it was part of the reason.
LOL they didn't increase due to inflation. They increased by orders of magnitude faster than inflation. Why? Because college football is more popular than it's ever been and revenues are at levels never even before thought. It's a business. It's not just guys wanting a way to go to college. How do you not know this?

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Less than 1% of college players make it into the NFL.

I brought up an example of what other kids that age are going through just to get a small fraction of the benefits these players that are having to deal with this "unfair" system are getting.

Of course you don't want to acknowledge it as valid because it makes your argument that they are treated unfairly look like shit in comparison. You instead want to pretend like they are all NFL players worth millions being denied their due right.
Good lord. The military literally had nothing at all whatsoever to do with this conversation. It's not proving any mythical point you think it is. It doesn't have anything to do with the college football transfer discussion, and it certainly doesn't prove that what's unjust about college football is suddenly just because others are going through something tougher. You cannot be this stupid.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL they didn't increase due to inflation. They increased by orders of magnitude faster than inflation. Why? Because college football is more popular than it's ever been and revenues are at levels never even before thought. It's a business. It's not just guys wanting a way to go to college. How do you not know this?

I said it was a trend that it increases all the time, which you confirmed. I gave among a couple of reasons inflation, which you again confirmed. I also mentioned the economic gap growing and that it was just a trend in general for all things, not just college football.

You claimed it was new that college football was doing this, but really all you've done is confirmed it's been a trend for 40 years now minimum.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said it was a trend that it increases all the time, which you confirmed. I gave among a couple of reasons inflation, which you again confirmed. I also mentioned the economic gap growing and that it was just a trend in general for all things, not just college football.

You claimed it was new that college football was doing this, all you've done is confirmed it's been a trend for 40 years now minimum.
Well, except I haven't. The economic gap growth hasn't even remotely resembled the growth in college football coaches. See, I showed Bryant and Bowden's salaries in 2018 dollars, which counts for inflation, and they went from being the highest ranked coaches to bottom half. It illustrates my point entirely.

We have an earlier signing day. We have signing day spectaculars. We have unbelievable amounts of revenue that would've been considered insane 20 years ago. We have players basically planning their pro careers the moment they step on campus as commonplace. So, again - as is fact, college football is nothing like it used to be.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good lord. The military literally had nothing at all whatsoever to do with this conversation. It's not proving any mythical point you think it is. It doesn't have anything to do with the college football transfer discussion, and it certainly doesn't prove that what's unjust about college football is suddenly just because others are going through something tougher. You cannot be this stupid.

So among the options people have to further their education after highschool, it's not fair to include the military among them?

And it wouldn't have anything to do with the college football transfer discussion if it wasn't for people saying bullshit like these kids are being screwed over and all that. When you do that, I think it's more than than relevant to look at what other people the same age are going through to get a fraction of the same benefit.

You of course don't want to acknowledge it because as I said already, you want to pretend all these players are NFL players being screwed out of millions. That's just your ignorance, nothing that can be done.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, except I haven't. The economic gap growth hasn't even remotely resembled the growth in college football coaches. See, I showed Bryant and Bowden's salaries in 2018 dollars, which counts for inflation, and they went from being the highest ranked coaches to bottom half. It illustrates my point entirely.

We have an earlier signing day. We have signing day spectaculars. We have unbelievable amounts of revenue that would've been considered insane 20 years ago. We have players basically planning their pro careers the moment they step on campus as commonplace. So, again - as is fact, college football is nothing like it used to be.

Once again fucktard, I said it was a trend my entire life and I gave a few reasons for it. Now you are naming an early signing day that has been in effect 2 years?

If you were a cocksucker you might be useful.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So among the options people have to further their education after highschool, it's not fair to include the military among them?

And it wouldn't have anything to do with the college football transfer discussion if it wasn't for people saying bullshit like these kids are being screwed over and all that. When you do that, I think it's more than than relevant to look at what other people the same age are going through to get a fraction of the same benefit.

You of course don't want to acknowledge it because as I said already, you want to pretend all these players are NFL players being screwed out of millions. That's just your ignorance, nothing that can be done.
No dude, the military literally has nothing to do with college athletics. Like, at all, whatsoever. A much, much more apt comparison would be talking about kids that attend school on an academic scholarship. If they transfer to another college, it's not like they have to sit out a year from classes, do they? So why should a kid have to sit out of playing sports if they transfer? Now that actually makes sense.

Your example literally makes no sense, at all, whatsoever.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once again fucktard, I said it was a trend my entire life and I gave a few reasons for it. Now you are naming an early signing day that has been in effect 2 years?

If you were a cocksucker you might be useful.
Calling it a trend would make sense if it was remaining similar.

In 1982, Bear Bryant was the highest paid coach at $495k ($1.1m in 2018 dollars).

13 years later, in 1995, Bowden was the highest paid coach at $975k ($1.8m in 2018 dollars).

13 years later, in 2008, the highest paid coach was Les Miles at $3.75m ($4.45m in 2018 dollars).

The highest paid coach today is Nick Saban at $11.1m with his bonuses.

College football has gone from a club leisure sport, to a semi-popular revenue-generator, to an absolute juggernaut bringing in billions of dollars. Rules need to change with the landscape of the sport.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Calling it a trend would make sense if it was remaining similar.

In 1982, Bear Bryant was the highest paid coach at $495k ($1.1m in 2018 dollars).

13 years later, in 1995, Bowden was the highest paid coach at $975k ($1.8m in 2018 dollars).

13 years later, in 2008, the highest paid coach was Les Miles at $3.75m ($4.45m in 2018 dollars).

The highest paid coach today is Nick Saban at $11.1m with his bonuses.

College football has gone from a club leisure sport, to a semi-popular revenue-generator, to an absolute juggernaut bringing in billions of dollars. Rules need to change with the landscape of the sport.

^ Doesn't know what the word trend means.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm all for immediate eligibility, but I'll say it again, Jacob Eason got screwed.

Ya he did, not only did he lose his job but he is a student at Washington. Two terrible things to happen to a young man.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No dude, the military literally has nothing to do with college athletics. Like, at all, whatsoever. A much, much more apt comparison would be talking about kids that attend school on an academic scholarship. If they transfer to another college, it's not like they have to sit out a year from classes, do they? So why should a kid have to sit out of playing sports if they transfer? Now that actually makes sense.

Your example literally makes no sense, at all, whatsoever.

Nobody makes them sit out of college, so how is an academic scholarship comparable? They sit out of football, not school.

"We ain't come here to play SCHOOL" I guess...

Last edited:

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Step 1: Go learn what the NCAA actually is.
The NCAA is a governing body of college athletics, chosen by those athletic institutions. It's very literally a governing body limiting the free market surrounding college sports.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Step 1: Go learn what the NCAA actually is.
The NCAA is a governing body of college athletics, chosen by those athletic institutions. It's very literally a governing body limiting the free market surrounding college sports.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In Tate Martell’s defense — I can see the NCAA considering an OSU education as a hardship, so I understand why they gave him the waiver to play immediately.:behindsofa:

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In Tate Martell’s defense — I can see the NCAA considering an OSU education as a hardship, so I understand why they gave him the waiver to play immediately.:behindsofa:
^^^^^ Would have no chance to get into Ohio State right now

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^^^ Would have no chance to get into Ohio State right now