• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tate Martell

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know he was highly recruited and never lost at IMG but very impressed at his ability to throw the ball, all over the field; not to mention he is very quick and a great runner.

Our QB’s are the best I have seen in a long long time, maybe ever

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know he was highly recruited and never lost at IMG but very impressed at his ability to throw the ball, all over the field; not to mention he is very quick and a great runner.

Could easily see Haskins going pro after this season and Martell take over next season

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could easily see Haskins going pro after this season and Martell take over next season

Haskins is a RS sophmore, right? I would be very surprised if he went pro as great as he is

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haskins is gone. No way does he stay another year. He has the "it" factor. He is gonna shred this B1G Conference play. Now that our defense has come to life, look out CFB.

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haskins is gone. No way does he stay another year. He has the "it" factor. He is gonna shred this B1G Conference play. Now that our defense has come to life, look out CFB.

I agree. I think Haskins has the skill set to go pro after this season. Weber will be gone as well. I'd love for them both to stay, but I just don't see it happening

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. I think Haskins has the skill set to go pro after this season. Weber will be gone as well. I'd love for them both to stay, but I just don't see it happening
on another topic, any concerns you have facing TCU? From everything I've read, the biggest concern is c containing the TCU QB Robinson. Did you read the 11W article that JK Dobbins took the OL out to lunch,lol?

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
on another topic, any concerns you have facing TCU? From everything I've read, the biggest concern is c containing the TCU QB Robinson. Did you read the 11W article that JK Dobbins took the OL out to lunch,lol?

Lol I literally just made a thread about tcu

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not gonna shit on JT but let’s just say I’m finally excited to watch the offense for the first time since the 2014 run

Our QBs are electric and the way Hawkins opens up the field vertically is what we’ve been missing. No more little 2 yard QB draw plays either! I hope a WR emerges as a Michael Thomas or Devin smith

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been giving a lot of thought to this over the past month, and I'm wondering if Urban does actually come back next year, if our offense will perhaps run more efficiently next year with Martell. He's obviously not on Haskins' level as a passer and definitely not as a pro prospect. That said, he's obviously a significantly better scrambler than Haskins, and I'm starting to see that Meyer might need that to run an effective offense. I don't see him coming close to putting up the monster passing numbers Haskins has, but the offense itself might be better off if we're still under Meyer.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been giving a lot of thought to this over the past month, and I'm wondering if Urban does actually come back next year, if our offense will perhaps run more efficiently next year with Martell. He's obviously not on Haskins' level as a passer and definitely not as a pro prospect. That said, he's obviously a significantly better scrambler than Haskins, and I'm starting to see that Meyer might need that to run an effective offense. I don't see him coming close to putting up the monster passing numbers Haskins has, but the offense itself might be better off if we're still under Meyer.
I think Haskins may go pro, which would make it easier for Meyer to make Tate the starter and not worry about the loyalty part. I do think Meyer will come back. However, there is something going on that we don't know about. Example, I have never read or heard about so much negative recruiting against Meyer until now. It's unreal the shit that's been coming out. So much that we are about to lose our top Ohio prospect two years in a row. The loss of Zach Harison to TTUN will forever sting.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Haskins may go pro, which would make it easier for Meyer to make Tate the starter and not worry about the loyalty part. I do think Meyer will come back. However, there is something going on that we don't know about. Example, I have never read or heard about so much negative recruiting against Meyer until now. It's unreal the shit that's been coming out. So much that we are about to lose our top Ohio prospect two years in a row. The loss of Zach Harison to TTUN will forever sting.
I think Haskins definitely goes pro. This is a weak class, and I think barring an injury or just some horrible combine, he's going to go in the first round. There are plenty of teams who need a QB early.

Regarding losing Carman and Harrison: I was pretty unconcerned about losing Carman. He was a diva throughout his entire recruitment. He even went on Twitter and told someone he'd commit to OSU for "x" amount of retweets. That's clearly a kid with a lot of growing up to do. If getting him meant not getting NPF, I am glad with the way it turned out.

Regarding Harrison: I've felt for a while that he wasn't that likely to come here because it seems like he just wants to get away, and I'm fine with that. However, from what I read about his recent performances, a lot of guys are wondering if he's a bit overrated. He wasn't much of a factor in their playoff loss, and it sounds like he may be a bigger project than you'd think. We recruited D-line amazingly last year and it looks like the 2020 class is going to be very strong on the DL, so I'm not worried. He's a kid that might just want to go elsewhere, so go ahead.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

IMG? Are you sure? I thought he played @ Bishop Gorman in Vegas.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Haskins definitely goes pro. This is a weak class, and I think barring an injury or just some horrible combine, he's going to go in the first round. There are plenty of teams who need a QB early.

Regarding losing Carman and Harrison: I was pretty unconcerned about losing Carman. He was a diva throughout his entire recruitment. He even went on Twitter and told someone he'd commit to OSU for "x" amount of retweets. That's clearly a kid with a lot of growing up to do. If getting him meant not getting NPF, I am glad with the way it turned out.

Regarding Harrison: I've felt for a while that he wasn't that likely to come here because it seems like he just wants to get away, and I'm fine with that. However, from what I read about his recent performances, a lot of guys are wondering if he's a bit overrated. He wasn't much of a factor in their playoff loss, and it sounds like he may be a bigger project than you'd think. We recruited D-line amazingly last year and it looks like the 2020 class is going to be very strong on the DL, so I'm not worried. He's a kid that might just want to go elsewhere, so go ahead.
Well said @Across The Field . I can understand a player wanting to go away, but damn, to head up to enemy territory? At least go play ball in a warmer climate to get away.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMG? Are you sure? I thought he played @ Bishop Gorman in Vegas.
Correct, he even went 45-0 as a starter. The kid is a winner and I'm excited as hell to see what he can do.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well said @Across The Field . I can understand a player wanting to go away, but damn, to head up to enemy territory? At least go play ball in a warmer climate to get away.
I don't blame him. They're playing amazing defense right now and Don Brown is an amazing DC. It sucks, but it doesn't sound like there's bad blood. Honestly, I will be more upset if we miss out on Bryan Bresee in 2020.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't blame him. They're playing amazing defense right now and Don Brown is an amazing DC. It sucks, but it doesn't sound like there's bad blood. Honestly, I will be more upset if we miss out on Bryan Bresee in 2020.
The 2020 class is already loaded and hopefully we can keep the guys locked in and not sniff around elsewhere.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 2020 class is already loaded and hopefully we can keep the guys locked in and not sniff around elsewhere.
Gonna depend entirely on what happens this offseason. I hope and pray that if Meyer retires, we bring Day on and he retains continuity.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gonna depend entirely on what happens this offseason. I hope and pray that if Meyer retires, we bring Day on and he retains continuity.
just my gut, but if Meyer goes, then LJ will retire I would assume. That would be crushing, but let's be honest, the day will come at some point.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just my gut, but if Meyer goes, then LJ will retire I would assume. That would be crushing, but let's be honest, the day will come at some point.
If LJ leaves, I think Day retains Alex Grinch and overhauls the defense, and we might lose some kids and the defense might suffer even more. However, I love Grinch's style. He's very well-respected in the coaching community, and I think his style would work really well with the athletes we bring in. If Day takes over, I think he needs to make a hard final push on Jowan Briggs and Tommy Eichenberg. Those guys are players.